1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death penalties removed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YogijanniK, Sep 24, 2019.

1. YogijanniK

Don,t want to do a long post here, but i think the crystal breaking and losing exp is one of the most stupid things this game has. Leveling up past 62 is really hard and you lose 1% + by dying, it takes me hours and hours of grind just to take that **** xp back(already gave up on getting 63). And lets talk now about crystals, some of them are expensive has hell, and they just break cause i die to a monster while doing pvp to keep my spot. I know ellion tear is really good for the company but isn't 2 subscription models, buying the game just to play, outfits, etc etc already enought? Why do we have to pay for every thing in this game? Just let us enjoy the ****ing game pearl abyss plz.

2. Lord_Xenon

Death penalties are there to avoid mistakes. Though on bosses they are just annoying and either force you to use alts(to avoid said ultra lose) or to not risk anything(total ignoring them) or to just hit and hide.

I would remove them from all bosses, but for normal mobs? I mean you 1) need to learn how to play 2) gear up 3) don't go to bigger mobs than you can handle.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u forgot to add - also avoid being fed to mobs by other players.

Vanraven and Factorial like this.
  4. WinterMilla

1. If they are lvl 62+ I'm sure they know how to play
    2. i mean again 62, they must have some gear
    3. all mobs can kill you if someone is being an you know what and takes you're HP down and you get unlucky because a mob hits you last.
    I think they death penalty is dumb. Takes hours for 1% then a unfortunate event happens and now its gone (2% if you in Valencia)

Factorial likes this.
  5. Catastigma

Removing death penalty remove you any attempt of learning,adapting and overcome ,the main pillar of Gaming.

You are not a gamer. plz stop videogame.

6. WinterMilla

Doesn't take much a gamer in the first place. Running around in a circle isn't hard and its not like dying with out a death penalty suddenly makes the game easier. When you die the mobs reset their health except on bosses, which at that point they already have it removed. Its a flawed system they have so they can sell you solution via tears and fairies.
    There are different types of gamers:
    1. casual gamers
    2. med-core gamers
    3. hardcore gamers

Factorial and Zhuriel like this.
  7. Naho

What would be the point of selling crystals then if no one break them? I'm ok to not lose exp but the crystals... keep it the way it is.

8. WinterMilla

same as selling gear that never break.
    Also they can still be used for black stone powder.

9. Naho

Do you get the same value in silver? I'd rather sell my crystals instead. I don't think i want to get powder out of a Jin viper

10. WinterMilla

shame looks like they would have to add a meaningful system then for all the unsold crystals.
    Then again you will deal with them if you change weapons.

Naho likes this.
  11. Naho

I mean yeah, if they add something for the unsold crystal to give them atleast some value, i don't mind.

12. YogijanniK

So mr perfect, i die a lot in this game, farming akman, hystria, sometimes **** happens and you die, sry if i'm not perfect like you. But actually i wrote this post cause on the night before i posted this i defined my course to valencia and went to the kitchen to eat something, when i reached my computer again i was dead. Was awesome to see that my little break on the game to eat something costed me 1% exp (that means my grind for the last days) but also not just 1, but 2 resld battlefield crystals. I had no ellion tier. So tell me is that fair? Whats the point of this punishment? I did nothing wrong i just went to eat some food to keep living. The penalties are stupid, everyone makes mistakes, i would love to level to 63 but i can't play this game for 2/3 months without dying once. This is just another way the game has to milk our money, just hope you have the money for it cause i dont.
    Maybe people would be free to try new builds and make the game better instead of having the cheapest crystals so sou wont lose so so m when you die.

13. Rinjyu

Only for bosses since they are bugged, laggy and/or badly designed. Even the aoe markers are useless as the bosses have lingering aoe dmg way after the marker (and the god damn attack animations) ended.

14. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I mean honestly, you are autopathing straight through a grinding Zone and wonder that you die?
    I grinded Aakman over 100 hours and died maybe 5 times, I grinded Hystria alot and died once and I grind Stars End and died once. I know **** can happen like lag, desync etc but having death penalties removed cause you die due to your own fault is a bit over the top.

JM likes this.
  15. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

90% of the ppl just lie to the supports and get them back. there is no sense in keeping this system eitherway.
    keep the crystall break for the red players and it will be also more attractive to become a red player if you only loose this.

16. YogijanniK

It doesnt matter how you die, sometimes is stupid sometimes it's not. The thing is the 5 times you died in those 100 hours maybe took 80% of the xp you won, and in addicion it cost some of the money, cause replacing those hoom crystals or macaloud are not cheap at all. For me dying running again to the place where you were is already enought punishment in a video game. Im just making a sugestion nothing more. Glad to see that some people like to be on 62 forever, or enjoy investing real money in ellion tears.

WinterMilla likes this.
  17. Megta

Megta Archer EU

There are pearl items which restore the lost xp, so the xp loss will never be removed.

Maginha and WinterMilla like this.
  18. Alcathoe Noctis

Depends on your class. Archer with 314 dp may die in 1 stiff + kd at aakman. Also if they hit hard, in 1 cc. LUL. Stars end...don´t go there with 330 less dp and than, it´s still a joke. And than if you are playing fine, still the server this days is terrible. PVP or PVE, the last weeks I get very often laggs or something. You die, contact support and they say as usual, that there was no lagg regarding their server, but 10 people at teamspeak confirm there was one - LUL 2nd. So I would recommend rework of some classes DP in pve, I think this would solve some real problems. Of course you may play good and avoid more deaths, but some classes have it way harder. That´s just unfair, since bdo is a real solo grinder, regardless somebody may think. I don´t die often, perhaps 1-2 times in some weeks, but it´s still anoying regarding expensive crystals if the server laggs and your class dp is so low, regardless your gear in general, you just die.

19. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I still have over 50 of those freebie Elonian Tears so no, I am not paying money to rezz. I agree to remove those penalties from Bosses since alot are laggy and desyncy and yes it does matter how you die.
    You know you lose xp and potentially crystals when you die and yet you decide to autopath right through a grinding Zone with traps and than complain that you died.
    In Aakman and Hystria you either way need to use a Tear if you don't want to go for Portal search again (Yes I do agree that this is stupid but oh well).

20. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I never played Archer but I know that with 309 DP I could take some hits in Aakman before I was in danger of dying, granted if it weren't back attacks. Yes things do happen and it is annoying but so far I got the experience that when I died due to lag I got my crystals back.
    Well yeah different classes have different DP scaling but also have different abilities to kite and iframe or block, at this point I don't want or even can't judge class balance and DP scaling but I just don't agree that penalties are getting removed because people just want to mindlessly body throw without consequences.
    I am grinding Stars End with 328 Kutum DP 317 Nouver DP perfectly fine but I do have to pay attention and when I went to try out Sycraia Abyssal I kinda expected to die and lose ****.