1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decline in sharps with higher gathering lvl

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Zholo, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Zholo

I have ran repairs, I am using every gathering bonus I can get my hands on but after hitting gold in gathering I've seen a sharp decline (no pun intended) when gathering. Its killing my game progression yet my other half who plays two feet from me is not experiencing the same issue. any help would be appreciated. My avatar is eating the food, wearing the gathering suit, using lucky or magic tools. I'm still getting some hards but much less and zero sharps. I can't pre order them and even if I could I doubt I could out bid most veteran players (though I did attempt to try).

I have held onto this game thru relentless kicks, forced out of heidel due to lag, its been frustrating but its a pretty new game and things happen, and I do hope someone will take my cause to heart and help me get back to going forward with my sharps issue because there is nothing I'd love more than to keep investing in BDO :)

2. Shenya

I started a thread about noticing a huge drop in sharps from my farming. It was especially annoying after the drop increase event was running and I was still having big issues. I had been keeping a weekly log and couldn't decide if the sudden drop coincided with my farming mastery or a particular date. It was some point in the end of May, right around when I hit Pro 10. I had hoped it was the latter and that getting to Artisan would cure it but no such luck. I'm getting ready to be Artisan 4, and as of the last 4 days have not had a sniff of a shard, where previously I would see at least one a day from checking my farms 3 or 4 times.

When it comes to gathering, the only thing that keeps me going is hearing that trumpet sound, and it used to be that if I went days with none, I'd get a day with a whole bunch. Definitely something changed somewhere or something went wrong when I hit Pro 10.

3. Zholo

I actually got 1 sharp and one hard yesterday after a few weeks of nothing. I'm not sure if its client side or if the drop rate needs fine tuned. Truth be told I wish they would just do away with sharps and hards altogether and let us just fuse two blackstones. I hope its addressed because I don't think new players will appreciate being held in an undergeared state to be rolled over by veteran players for months or a year. When the older players started out they were all pretty much on a level playing field. This will just keep players subpar for way too long when also factoring in fail stacking and a now well geared populace of veteran players.

4. Shenya

Today, just from checking my farms 4 times, I got 0 first go around, 1 hard the next one, another hard the following one, and 2!! on my final check. Haven't had that happen in a while .If the drop rate was like it was mid May I'd have no problem with it and I think the MP would have a lot more there as a result. Right now, I have to admit, given what I've read, I'm hanging on to all mine just in case. I had been very much of a "sell now, buy later when I need them" mentality.

5. Otrsor

Otrsor Sorceress 63 EU

Relevant:
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/patch-notes-july-5th-2017.24889/

[​IMG]

Shenya likes this.
  6. Shenya

Also relevant:

2017-07-14_189075232.JPG

Supposedly June 21-July 12th was an increased drop rate, I'd already seen a huge drop in my collection of these for 3-4 weeks so thought that maybe there'd been a long period of increased drop rate that had finally stopped. I was therefore excited at the prospect of the increased drop rate, but certainly for me, it felt if anything, that it'd reduced further still. I honestly gave up listening for the trumpets and was less motivated as a result and ultimately now I don't sell them.

I hope today's luck continues though and thanks for showing me that it might hold out for a week!

7. Zholo

I started getting hards yesterday and today I got several, but I'm lucky to get 1 sharp a day with multiple toons. I love this game but I'm an old gamer that's just wore out from the many gear grinds over the last decade.

Shenya likes this.
  8. Zholo

The sharps drought has me pretty flustered. Its just best I probably take a break until something is done about it because I can't see buying another 3 months of Merv's pallette with this going on for no telling how long.

9. Nosimo

I go through droughts and streaks all the time with my gathering, some days I get nothing, other days its all hards, other days its all sharps, somedays a nice mix. I can also say the events don't seem to do much for my drop rates other than trigger a dry spell. Overall average is probably about 1 sharp to 4 hards but its very streaky. Sometimes it seems to help if you switch channels if you don't get anything in the first 50 energy but that's purely tinfoil talking.

Shenya and Zholo like this.
  10. Zholo

I get that, and I was really hoping the same (just a temporary drought) but its been going on for over a month now. I really thought or wonder if my account is bugged. I'm getting enough hards to not complain... but sharps is a whole different story...the drought on them has become game breaking for me. My weapon is a DUO Rosar. Its not like I'm shooting for a boss weapon TET, or an awakened weapon upgrade yet. I still have a very long ways to go especially when factoring in RNG. My goals are pretty modest. I wanted to get everything I had to tri before turning my focus to obtaining and building up boss gear. Which I know is going to take much longer and more effort. I probably could have stopped at DUO but my class took a nerf and mobs have been buffed so.....here I set with my wheels spinning and going nowhere now. My "armor and accessories" is between PRI and DUO now. 1 DUO and the rest all Pri pieces.

#10 Zholo, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  11. Zholo

Also about the time this started happening I had bought a tailoring coupon and put it on the intermediate gathering outfit (reward). before I realized it couldn't be dyed. Now I'm wondering if it bugged out my entire account.