1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete warrior

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Anc0, Aug 10, 2019.

?

Warrior needs a remake/ Fix desync problem

1. Yes

49.6%
  2. No

50.4%
  1. Bestkk

Bestkk Warrior 63 EU

Insane git gud issues going on on this thread.

Distaken, Souda and Akantorian like this.
  2. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

lol warrior busted?

i'm kinda dying right now.

Distaken, Fateneko and Akantorian like this.
  3. Akantorian

Every class block is as strong as warrior one, except valk one because of the buff, every class can do that, but whenn warrior block is taken down they will die because of no protected movement, and also, if you want warriors to build as dr as you say, why dont you give them the same neutral dmg as wizzards, striker, ninja, etc, so they can kill with easy while building dr.
    Warrior deals close to no dmg, you need 281+ to be viable outside from 1v1 and theres people like you calling it op.

Creeper, aw man.

Distaken likes this.
  4. Kharognar

You realise there are clips from Hands and Kissito that prove that the *Fix* was a bamboozle and still remains a thing right ? .

Distaken likes this.
  5. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I missed that memo of more SA coverage on a skill designed originally to be only half protected on its anim was a "fix"!
    Before it wasnt protected as soon as you touch the ground.
    A while after the day buff i wasnt sucessfull to CC at this exact time (possible they all resisted???).I guess its too much asking for links ??

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i honestly dont know what are you talking about, warrior using his buffs is noticeably more tankier than most other classes.

7. Alrikmerc

the complaints i'm hearing come down to not the class or player, but the computer your facing. Tbh this isn't an exclusive issue to Warrior, either. Lots of classes can benefit from comboing at high FPS.

Though remember when they wanted to lock everyone at 60 FPS for combos? :D

Akantorian likes this.
  8. Bestkk

Bestkk Warrior 63 EU

Just quit the game already. You whine about every class. Just face the fact that you are bad.

9. WhySoSeeryus

u need to differentiate discussion vs whining. but thank you for the kindergarten kid-like input ;)

10. Alrikmerc

Still, i think the fact remains that

"most" and "noticeably" are words that can be misleading. DP is worth something on warrior, i'll give it that, but it's not like they'll be tanking an enemy guild or anything. They're very killable 1v1 and everyone is killable in largescale. Saying they're tankier than a tamer or AP ninja/kuno doesn't mean much.

Distaken likes this.
  11. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Warrior doesnt have lingering super armor (LSA) anymore, have you just come back from a 2 year break?

Your true complaint about is with desync/BDOs awful servers in general, not with warrior. Looking just on paper warrior really isnt very strong but what makes him strong is the player. The ability to animation cancel out of literally all of our skills except 1-2 with like 5 different skills gives so much outplay potential. However the desync issue arguably affects warrior more than other classes in a negative way because while you think it means we have gain infinite protection or something silly like that what it truly means is that even if the player playing the warrior is able to skillfully react to his enemy's attacks/movements/CCs by animation cancelling, because of desync theres a good chance he will still be CCd despite cancelling into some of his already limited protection. Most issues regarding 1v1 class balance can be attributed to ping/desync/etc except maybe lahn which is just busted af lmao

Imagine saying warriors need to build DR then putting a PEN heve helm in your BDOplanner lul. The same can be said for any class really. When a DK says their block is weak do you say "Have you tried going full DR yet?" As a warrior who has tried a full DR build I can assure you that by stacking DR you make it so you cripple yourself by doing 0 damage but still remaining pretty killable. The only way to build as a true tank is to stack evasion which won't really work well on warrior. Even as a full DR build where I was reaching nearly 100 more DR than the build you offered my block would STILL be destroyed relatively quickly if more than 2ish enemies were attacking it which in the case of largescale is a given. Even in RBF with that build I would have to reposition if more than 2 enemies started attacking my block. What makes it ridiculous is that classes like archer/witch/wizard can do massive damage to blocks from a range where I then have to try to kite them while avoiding their ranged CCs and damage. One issue is that nowadays people are so insanely geared and nearly EVERYONE only focuses AP so no matter what kind of build you try on a warrior you'll still get melted whereas some classes, primarily evasion classes, are able to become FAR tankier than a warrior ever could. My personal opinion is that if they made the DP bracket bonuses better and made it scale with your DR it would be a huge boost to ALL classes. If they made something where for every DP bracket you passed (roughly 8DP per bracket) you got say an extra 4-8DR depending on the bracket along with the current +1% damage reduction which would be changed to scale. As it currently is, that +1% damage reduction means a flat -1% damage taken, it should be changed to +1% total DR. So if you had 200DR it means +2DR, 300DR = +3DR and so on. I think this would help remove the current 1 shot/1 combo/Full AP meta and bring it back to the days where everyone was reasonably tanky. One added bonus to that is that it would make the new grind spots (Underwater/Stars End/Ash Forest) much more grindable.

The most notable gap that I can think of off the top of my head is charging thrust and supposedly we have a gap when swapping from awakening to protected preawakening skills but I think some of that can be attributed to desync.
    Edit: Oh forgot about headchase, that is pretty much a gamble in itself of hoping it works. Its basically like an unprotected skill that will give you protection occasionally on lucky chances

#51 Distaken, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2019
  12. WhySoSeeryus

i know u can figure out WHY if u really try.

13. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

sorry im a braindead warrior so youd have to spell it out for me

14. WhySoSeeryus

no worries, got ya!

[​IMG]

i dont think anyone is supposed to tank enemy guild with ap builds. i frame classes included.

#54 WhySoSeeryus, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  15. Alrikmerc

We know DP gives damage reduction %, it was mentioned in the post above yours. Also Heve is yikes if you want real protection from DR. A PEN boss helm is just better.

Lastly, thank you for addressing the hyperbole instead of the rest of the post. I'll be more grounded. Warriors aren't tanky, even if they are more durable than other classes by small margins.

16. WhySoSeeryus

how are u gonna have pen boss caphrased helmet (griffone to be more exact) on a budget warrior crying he is getting his block one shot by evil creatures in rbf?

it is not by a small margin, difference is quite big from my perspective as someone who needs to nuke them down.

17. Alrikmerc

If people can't be bothered to show up with the gear necessary to see the extent of their class, i dunno if any amount of explaining can affect their PoV.

Same goes for nukers. If you're under like 281 AP and are talking about warriors with 340ish DP, yeah. Don't expect then to die quickly sure (unless they're unaware of you and don't manage to defense themselves, they might as well have no gear then), but the difference between a warrior and musa standing still at that DP might not even be apparent to the 281 caster during a battle.

It's not that much more at the same gear, the innate class bonuses aren't making as much a difference at that point because of how much more comes from gear.

18. WhySoSeeryus

there is a difference shooting at a musa or a warrior that rotated his selfbuffs. their dr stacking potential via skills is quite big. not a complaint, but i guess some people on the topic need disclaimers. :D

19. Abundance

We should make a thread letting the GMs/Developers know exactly what change should be done.

This needs some common sense - not asking for something overpowered.

Just what small part can be improved so that warrior, in general, can be a deeply loved class for all warriors to play.

In my opinion, it's something that has been suggested before - just a bit more buff to disengage in large scale. E.g. Make Charging Thrust SA instead of FG and remove the kick animation on collide. If this can be done, we can take the rest of the kit and work with it, while playing like a true warrior where we can engage, and properly disengage without just dropping dead in between large scale attacks.

We're not even asking for iframes. Just a proper disengage.

20. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Not exactly sure why Id spent nearly 10bil silver for an "Upgrade" that gives me 3 less DR in exchange for a few percent extra tankiness from useless DP brackets especially when ill end up needing to replace that helm later on if truly care about being tanky. And DR scaling sucks and everyone knows it which is why at endgame warrior won't be very tanky. Sure a warrior who keeps his DP buffs up 100% of the time is a bit tankier than lahns or a maewha or something but unlike other classes we dont get any +% evasion modifiers at all. In the end when everyone has 281AP DR isnt going to do ****, which makes it kind of funny when I see ninjas who are tankier than warriors even though, you know, we wear full body armor?