1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demihuman bonuses does not work in Kamasylvia

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by FluffyQuack, Oct 2, 2017.

1. FluffyQuack

It's implied by the game since the enemies in the new region have their new, unique icon, but I decided to test this to be completely sure.

I reduced my AP by unequipping gear (down to around 100 AP) and hit a bunch of Kamasylvian weasels with a big stick:
    • Health bars detected: 35
    • Average damage: 11.3%
    • Most common damage: 9.7% (9 occurances)
    • Highest damage: 19.7%
    • Lowest damage: 6.2%
    • Complete misses: 0
    • Total unique health bars: 8
    Then I added a +15 Demihuman damage bonus via an elixir and hit the same enemies again:
    • Health bars detected: 48
    • Average damage: 9.6%
    • Most common damage: 6.2% (14 occurances)
    • Highest damage: 19.3%
    • Lowest damage: 6.2%
    • Complete misses: 0
    • Total unique health bars: 8
    I sometimes got back attack bonus and critical hit bonus so that's why the damage differed so much, but looking at the lowest damage and highest damage numbers it seems apparent Demihuman bonus does nothing in Kamasylvia.

Time to farm Griffons for Kamasylvian damage elixirs!

I did the test using my health bar scanning tool: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/health-bar-screenshot-scanning-tool.4314/

And these are the tests I've done in the past:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/123284-kzarka-vs-liverto-damage-test/
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124302-pve-damage-tests/
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/126616-pve-accuracy-damage-test/
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137370-another-pve-accuracy-test
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/kutum-pve-damage-test.4323/

Ezikeo, Galatia, Ginrei and 1 other person like this.
  2. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

well yea, the kamasylvian dmg elixirs and stuff implies that monsters in that region are their own type so demihuman wont positively effect your damage.

shouldn't this be common sense?

Cryptid likes this.
  3. Hennyman

Hennyman Warrior 61 EU

There is little to no common sense in mechanics in BDO, so I always appreciate when people test things and share it with the community

Ezikeo, Thelemna and Itago like this.
  4. FluffyQuack

It makes as much as sense as Berserkers, Rangers, and Dark Knights counting as humans for the human damage bonuses. There's so many weird quirks in the game, and so many people claiming things work like this or that without doing any tests, that I don't mind doing some tests to make completely sure.

Claydough and TarkusBlack like this.
  5. Avaform

What about the Altar of Training mobs? They shouldn't be kamasylvian, but i got a feeling they might be.
    I you could test that it would be much appreciated.

6. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

...... did you see demi-human type in kama? what's your point, where is the no common sense?
    you really thought those monster are demi-human? maybe you are the one who lack on common sense.

7. FluffyQuack

That might be a bit too chaotic for a proper test, but you should see an icon next to the enemy health bars. If it's a green icon, then it's a Kamasylvian enemy and a Demihuman buff will do nothing.

8. Finz

I have always thought that demihumans are orcs, trolls etc...

9. Sleepii

Were you hitting beasts and other monsters, cause demihuman is for specific monster types. Like what the other guy said; orcs trolls etc. it says so next to the name with a small symbol iirc.

10. DarkBever

They could just have 2 types to fix this 'problem' ?

Kamasylvian species + demihuman
    Kamasylvian species + human
    etc.

11. FluffyQuack

I thought everything non-human counted as demihuman up until Kamasylvia. I just checked and I never realized animals are their own type.

But it looks like animals in Kamasylvia count as Kamasylvian monsters rather than animals.

2017-10-02_21779962.PNG 2017-10-02_21729901.PNG
    2017-10-02_21302676.PNG 2017-10-02_21276891.PNG

Are there more than 4 enemy types in the game (Animal, Demihuman, Human, and Kamasylvian)?

12. Sleepii

Unless boss monsters are classified as their own type, I don’t know of any other type.

13. Solsi

No harm in testing stuff, but the result is hardly a surprise.
    Kakao clearly wants us to spend 1 week skinning Griffons first, before we can make a working elixir :(

It wouldn't be so bad if the claw actually dropped from every Griffon. But seems to be less than 20% chance when gathering them. So Griffon Elixir isn't really something you can afford to use for casual kama grinding.

14. Avaform

If you have the gear to grind in kama, you can kill griffons easily anyway.
    And it only takes 1 claw to make 2.5 elixirs, assuming high enough alchemy.
    So on average killing griffons for 10 minutes should yield enough party elixirs for an hour or more.

And there is also a daily quest that gives 3 green ones.

15. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

TY for posting this....1 day after I make 2k demihuman hunt elixirs -.-