1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depth Of Field with UI for Very High and below

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by esmm40, Oct 20, 2018.

?

Have Depth of Field visible with UI for settings other then remastered mode?

1. Yes please!

2. Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. esmm40

I would like to suggest the option of having Depth of Field visible in Very High settings or below regardless of whether you are in Screenshot mode. I'm sure this has been brought up time and again. Since remastered was introduced I feel like for anyone that can't quite use remastered without too much of a performance drop, using Very High or High settings with DoF active would be a reasonable alternative. I happen to like using it as it masks degraded detail of far off terrain. It also gives the picture more depth (obviously). Also, while remastered has its good points, I feel that sometimes the shininess is too intense and that the contrast can hide detail unnecessarily making the PC work harder to render detail we can't even see. Please consider this, since DoF is already toggle-able in settings and capable of being on in conjunction with the UI as remastered has shown, I think it would be an easy addition that a reasonably large amount of people would appreciate.

2. elephantgrey

Also, I'd like improved distance available at all settings.

I'm guessing it's disabled to stop low speced users enabling it when there pcs wouldn't be able to handle it, bit all it's doing is forcing them to bump up the graphics unnecessary to access it.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

actually at one point it was enable-able on low and optimized mode.....they changed it so you have to use higher settings

4. elephantgrey

Is there any explanation why this change was made?
    I prefer to play games on lower settings for higher performance, but extra draw distance is just too useful to go without.