1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dev Diary #2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Dec 21, 2017.

1. qweqqi

qweqqi Qweqqi Ninja 62 EU

my guess is it's there to make it harder for the player to decide whether to go full boss or 3boss+some other helm

2. Knisheffy

Problem with reporting class issues is that the guys who check them don't play on the competitive level to understand and expirience them. What's the point of telling them SA or iframe on certain skill is broken if it happens 1/10 uses, you think they will actually sit in arena and test it ? nah they will try once or twice with half assed knowledge on how to replicate it and call it a day. Working as intended. If you told them you get cced through SA and receive 1000 free pearls each time it happens they would run week long tests on it to make sure they ain't losing that $$$.

irrelevant, Lomacs, ODB3698 and 2 others like this.
  3. woots

Increase / decrease number can sometime help, but there is still so many broken mechanic that would need a REAL rework.
    ( oh and btw, tamer +30% magic damage received ? no ? )

will see for the "strength of all classes...

= PA dont even know how to balance their broken grab mechanic...
    go tell their bad gamedesigner to go play blade and soul and look how they have balanced their CC / CC break, so grab escape.. Geez.
    At some point thoses guys should learn to do something else than : RNG.

If after 2 years thoses guys still struggle to learn, and are so entilted to never really rework anything, .. well...

**WTB gamedesigner pearl on success**

graphic = gameplay environment for them ? wut ? we are fked.

4. Ditia

Ditia Pinkudesu Lahn 58 EU

To be honest I agree with the majority of what Lemon has said here. I don't feel nearly as strongly about it... but most of it makes complete sense. I personally main DK, I'll say that I actually really like the position DK is in at the moment. It still feels good for me, I don't really want to see nerfs or buffs for the class.

The only thing I will say is that Sorc is a bit weird, I think it really does come down to skill cap with Sorc. If I see Ctrl for example in RBF I know instantly if I **** up I'm dead in 0.5 seconds flat. Whereas if I see another Sorc could even have same gear but they're not i framing well or they aren't chaining a combo properly then it feels really lackluster.
    I'm not saying it isn't OP or is UP. I just can't really tell if I care for it to be buffed or nerfed since there isn't that many Sorcs running around with the skill level of the likes of Ctrl.

5. iller

Okay I agree... Optimization needed to happen. I said as much myself the past year. I'm glad it was a top priority (AKA: like #6 behind 5 cash shop focused priorities....whatever). GOOD ON YOU PEARL ABYSS. ... but what is the NEW priority for the next Quarter1 and Q2?

And when is it going to be the broken ENCHANTING SYSTEM?

• Failstacks on Boss gear are a MEME
    • Hitting 100fs and going beyond can cost BILLIONS in resources yet it happens so often.
    • The highest "chance" for these pieces only increments up less than 2% and then caps even before reaching 90fs.
    • You still haven't even given us the Cron energy system yet that's been out in Korea since this time LAST YEAR

This is a GIANT BLACKHOLE as far as Quality of Life goes for the western market demographic. Every month we see people in our own guilds (not just on the forums) quit for good because of it. And It doesn't require a complete overhaul from the ground up, but has been requiring some sort of statement from "the Dev" which has not happened yet. Please make some kind of statement on this happen

Jerick85 and ODB3698 like this.
  6. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

An endless unbreakable chain grapple isn't terrifying. It's stupid. That's not PvP. That's an exploit on the production end.

7. Targeryian

#Damage Numbers - Complete BS! You have CRITICAL! DOWN ATTACK! BACK ATTACK! etc, with high fonts while doing combat... what is the difference with the damage numbers? "Oh... but you can remove it, to keep your screen clean"... and I say... You goddamn right!! And you can do the same with the Damage Numbers!... This is only a way to avoid WE to spot discrepancies between items description and actual damage numbers. FFS... where is the transparency after all? Literally BS

8. Maidie

I agree that damage numbers would be too much. My eyes are fixed on mana and shard bars for 80% of time during PvE grind and I don't want to be distracted from that. Greetings to sorc and ranger players.

9. Sacrilegio

So you approached it wrong (nerfs and buffs) and now you're going to ignore it and therefore all classes are balanced somehow but since obviously no game ever is balanced 100% you will do absolutely nothing usefull to mend the previous mistakes. Great. Sorc is still going to be dead and useless, striker and wiz/witch still top tier and HEY all good, cause no game is perfect. Merry Christmas and **** you all.

10. Vanadiel

That is why there should be an on/off option with the default being off.
    Makes everyone happy.

11. Rovoc

please delete

#111 Rovoc, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  12. Rovoc

Have you ever been a zerker trying to grab someone in siege? For a game that forces you to use iframes and super armors, the biggest and only strength you're giving zerkers is the ability to grab someone and stand still on the battlefield with no superarmor or invincibility. On the same note most of zerker's Awakened abilities require them to dps while standing still, while the same ideology still applies. Its true, there are ways around standing still however, saying zerkers are terrifying on the battlefield while not being able to use them in siege shows a naive perspective. Oh yeah and according to the data mine zerkers have the worst Defense of all classes.

#112 Rovoc, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  13. Wandrim

"Black Desert Online is very important to us, and we want BDO to last for another 20-30 years."

It is great to hear this game is getting the long view. Seems these days many games are done after a year or two or lose vision or steam. Black desert is one of those very few games which are enjoyable enough to look past the bad things. Please never fall into the idiot design philosophy of most western MMO. I like gear that has value, not a gear treadmill of worthless BoP shite that gets recycled every few weeks. I like goals that take months or years to achieve, not gameplay designed around 15 minute play sessions for sub-human attention spans. I like developers who can not succumb to a litany of bad ideas from complainers who are probably never going to be happy nor stick with a game no matter what concessions are made.

If there is one thing this game did wrong it is artisan memories.. Unlike with selling pearl items for silver, memories have no benefit to the greater community. They give a huge and nearly limitless silver advantage and that crosses a line BDO should stay away from. Limited P2W is not so bad if it enriches the company and benefits the community, like bells, or having some premium items available for silver.

There has been some serious technical issues with BDO like UI and network. It is good to hear the UI is getting a major overhaul. As for network issues I have learned that a large part of it is in fact my ISP(as support had suggested) due to some longstanding and well documented hardware issues that have yet to be resolved and may be pervasive across many ISP in NA.

14. Cilari

Please fix the servers! The game is all but unplayable for me. Tech said it is a known issue with no ETA...they said that weeks ago. I only want to play!

15. Schrumpel

The first non p2w decent good looking mmorpg will kill bdo :). 20-30 more years habbahahahahaa noone on earth has that much money to play bdo that long

16. Crushader

mystic need to be nerfed...

17. cofused

its old post lol i read it bout month ago. copy paste ****, we should go rage for that ripoff ,...nothing in game work as its should,...

18. Schrumpel

Thanks for the great money wagon experience ones again. FIX YOUR FU CKIN SERVERS YOU IDIOTS. THOSE PAY 2 PROGRESS GUYS GIVE YOU MILLIONS A WEEK AND YOU GIVE A **** ABOUT NA AND EU FIX IT !

19. Nebz

oops wrong thread

-edited out-

#119 Nebz, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018