1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Rekch

Rekch Krid DarkKnight 62 EU

And i have these customers who whine and cry literally all the time cauz til i just wanna strangle the life out of them.
    But instead of going to jail, I just don't give those crying little sons of ******* what they want. They'll get it when i'm good and ready.

Oh **** they just not gonna pay me anymore and go see elsewhere :o

2. postponingdeath

It would be really cool if they would produce actual content for the game. A new map is cool but you know what would be even better? Actual group content for PvE, like raids or dungeons or what not. Like it's weird having a game that gets so many updates but 90% of those updates are long overdue QoL, like they are great but as the game stands it feels empty and offers nothing a singleplayer RPG or another MMO can't do better in some or many aspects. Like the way the game is it's like they wanted to create a heavy RPG feel but after producing lifeskilling and placing NPCs around it's an empty game.

Solenya, Sylo78 and Fearless V like this.
  3. iller

Oh boy... Theme park bait >.> .. because running the same instance 20x for enough tokens (or 50x if the Chest at the end is Random) is soooo functionally superior to just letting people pick for themselves which farming loops in the open world they'd rather camp for the same exact amount of time. YES PLEASE, add 10 more additional currencies to the game that only masks the grind instead of reducing it directly like they could if they'd just close up the Gear-Gap in a few PvP venues.

Yeah we get it, some people, maybe you included don't see fighting other players as "Content". ...but until this game actually improves on it's A.I.? ... those other players are the only thing it's got to offer that isn't dumber than a box of rocks. "Dynasty Warrior"-difficulty mobs, are NOT player versus environment. ...they're Magnet versus Iron-shavings

[​IMG]

4. Candren Lycosa

Maybe add some Dungeons and Raids to the game (that aren't like Savage Rift and only give you Gold Bars and actual Gear), that would spice up PvE and bring in a **** ton more players. :)

And Fix your AI and Mob CCs before you do this (I hate going to Hysteria/Kama only to get KD and downsmashed to death all the time, it's the only Bad part about the CC Changes IMO)

Kabu likes this.
  5. postponingdeath

Damn, how many games have you played? There are many ways to implement this and I don't see the issue with letting people have more than one way to get gear in the game. If anything it would help get more players, a lot of people enjoy the experience of grouping up(social aspect) and doing content that way and then some people, I'm guessing you, prefer to spend those hours alone in a grindspot. Don't worry, nobody is going to take that away from you so you can relax. I just think having more options is better because this game lacks a lot of the fundamental aspects that could really benefit the game. Getting to 60+ and having nice gear is great and all but I'd love more social content and there are lots of ways to make bosses interesting and challenging. It doesn't have to be a dungeon like in WoW, it can be like a raid in GW2 for example where there are a ton of mechanics. These are just some ideas.

Sylo78 likes this.
  6. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

what would a raid or dungeon add? Thats classic themepark where u spam the same content over and over. And what would the drops be? There is plenty of content in this game and design decisions in them that are solid and unique compared to other mmos. Because there is a reason other mmos turn quickly shallow. How many games offers this vast open world, shiny graphics, engaging action combat?

I agree, more varied content is always well sought for, but really, are raids and dungeon it? Id rather have them tweak current boss mechanics and make them more natural, less tank and spank, make them feel more dangerous and rewarding.

7. postponingdeath

IMO it would add a much more social aspect of grinding/getting gear. There are ways to implement stuff and I am not a developer but I highly believe this game would do well with more content that encourage grouping up and being social as well as actively work as a team. PvP is good and all but I don't believe in just having one over the other, if they implemented dungeons for example, people wouldn't just stop grinding cause people enjoy that too. I think this game really needs to move it's gear grind elsewhere(somewhere more appropriate than PvP) or offer more ways for players to get it. But besides all that I really do believe this game needs more team/social orientated game modes or content.

Guiran likes this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

!!!!

if they introduced group loot that is in gyffin temple in more areas (hystria/aakman, more of kama, maybe even pila ku/sulfur mines) we would see increased party play and party pvp for those spots. win-win.

Ozmoses_Nil likes this.
  9. AxxiiS

10. Zefiro

if you really think also one word that you' ve said, block the Artisans Memory at the Pearl shop.

Lomacs likes this.
  11. AxxiiS

I honestly can't believe ppl are still asking for lahn, outfits, PvE content and all this ********.
    They need to stop adding new content, working on outfits and adding new classes.

They need to take a step back and go back to the roots of BDO.

Black Desert Online is a PVP focused MMORPG.
    Fun PVP isn't 2315646584321 classes with great outfits.

We need a SOLID, FLUID and BALANCED PVP.

This past year the PVP went downhill every. single. patches.....

After this '' 30 Days '', if the PVP aspect of the game hasn't improved i'm just going to leave for good.
    I just came back after a 6 months break and the game is just 10 times worst than when i left it.

PLEASE I LOVE THIS GAME, YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO GO BACK TO ROOTS AND FOLLOW THE RIGHT PATH !

12. Danehk

"I would like to apologize to all adventurers for the inconvenience and confusion"

Is that all they can do ?

13. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

The mass pvp currently is lag and desync and i get instant kiilled with 304dp + Tendon 100dr, what i need for survive in mass PVP?

14. KhalidIbnWaalid

A new game

iller and Kurtferro79 like this.
  15. iller

Yeah but you didn't say anything about that... I'd DEFINITELY be in favor of social content. I sat on a boat with my guildies last week for 7 hours just shooting (seamonsters) & the breeze about all kinds of RPG stuff in and out of the game. And we netted more guild money doing it than we would get from owning a Node. But you didn't imply that, you implied a Rote-Memory rinse & repeat WOW model of content that a lot of people are frankly burned out on.

Hey you're talking to someone who unlocked every decent-looking piece of Dungeon armor in that game. I'm well aware of the explorable bosses and their mechanics but we don't need TWO of those games. We need a sandbox over here that remains a sandbox. Preferably one that reduces the RNG almost entirely by allowing guild activities to bypass large portions of the Enchanting system. (no idea how, but.. if we don't get LOADS of Caphras stones directly from doing guild content & RBF, I'm gonna be a lot saltier than the already salty person you responded to in the previous post)

16. ghoulz666

Balanced pvp is a pipe dream and will never happen in a game where gear is the biggest factor. May as well just focus more on PVE things than do experiment after experiment hoping the problems will be fixed.

17. Kymaera

"Renown Score was a change to take part in this. We wanted to compensate the adventurers who had overcome the risk of Enhancement and spent millions of Silvers while growing their characters. We also wanted to reduce the instances where adventurers would get killed instantly no matter how good their equipment was due to a slight mistake in PvP. Despite our intentions, the gap in PvP balance has deepened and we sincerely apologize for causing so much concern to our adventurers."

"compensate the adventurers who had overcome the risk of Enhancement and spent millions of Silvers while growing their characters," wtf... the compensation WAS the enhanced gear better than others... all this did was widen the gap and make me not want to play.

"Despite our intentions, the gap in PvP balance has deepened and we sincerely apologize for causing so much concern to our adventurers."

If you really felt sincere in your apology, you'd remove the renown score. That's a ****ing Fact.
    There was NO reason behind this because as I mentioned before, the enhanced gear already WAS the reason people enhanced and got higher AP/DP. Did you guys do ANY research on how players felt about this before implementing it? We saw the same **** when you announced +15 was not going to be the max enhancements, but PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, and PEN were coming... now, after all those players left and some stuck around..you decide to take ANOTHER swing at players who stuck through it with you... Now if you're not all TET everything, you're ****ing fodder and might as well just role play in town because you'll lose ANY grind spot to anyone with full tet because their renown score gives them another boost their tet gear already gave them. Games all about itemization now, NOTHING to do with skill.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  18. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

Still looking for the global feedback. I'd love to tell them my discontent with their horribly implemented ideas.

19. TeRRoRibleOne

2 more weeks of this horror........ almost all of these changes suck fyi

20. Alavanger

how is doing bosses any different ive killed Kutum maybe 50 or more times ive got no box yet.
    Bheg just as much if not more and no gloves
    some luck with Kzarka and nouver. Tokens and Aura are practically the same ****.

how is doing bosses any different ive killed Kutum maybe 50 or more times ive got no box yet.
    Bheg just as much if not more and no gloves
    some luck with Kzarka and nouver. Tokens and Aura are practically the same ****.

that being said I don't want an actuall raid system but if they could fix the group pve that would be nice.