1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. KupoSempai

KupoSempai Witch 62 NA

If you guys seek & want to thrive in the game, for US players, then why not go back to the round-table conference discussion & revolve around that??? Like, we get it, you own the game, you run the show, but you guys aren't going to make any money out of the partnered streamers or dedicated BDO supporters.

If you want to balance out the classes & pvp, remove all of those dumb AP bonus chart from b4, & remove the renown score bs at the moment. Not only does it increase the gap of weaker stay weaker, but it just puts stronger and stronger. There's NOT a single chance for any weak or middle man, to touch the Strong players cause all they do is sit in their castles. Collect pay & gear up, sitting on 270+ ap, and with all of these bonus AP applied, they basically have up to 400-600ap, it's literally effing disgusting.

Honestly, it boggles me how Kakao gets to control or assume how what changes are needed in the game according to observation perspective, y'all don't even play the god damn game. Without that invincible ring, can place 10k pearls down you'll get smoked to even understand actual pvp or balance. I really don't care about compensation, just FREAKEN listen to the playerbase for god sakes. Honestly wished you guys never bought out Daum...we were doing so well.

-don't bother replying to this, i most likely don't care what will be replied to this-

SilverWolf, iller, Lorenian and 5 others like this.
  2. OptimusPrime

not praise. it's sympathy.

you know those little kids that are born with mental issues? or just people with mental deficiencies? basically special needs people.

that's mr. kim. it's not really his fault. his track record proves that he's incapable of common sense.

the logical assumption is that he's mentally challenged.

please join me now for a moment of prayer, for the special little guy.

Ludakriss, Nimz and House_Ghost like this.
  3. LunaValentyn

he's an adult who is not learning from his mistakes and seems to have no such mental issues though as far as I can find on the internet. I think he's earned a bit more resentment at this point.

I think it's necessary to be harsh because the game is amazing but it's flaws are currently killing it. We need to help critique it so that it can improve and he NEEDS to listen to the community in mass so that he can improve it. We should be angry because the game is not meeting it's potentials because he is stubborn and neither listens nor plays enough to know why what he is doing is wrong until after when it has received massive backlash.

Don't get me wrong, I see the joke you are making but I'm just VERY frustrated with this whole situation and even jokingly, I don't want him or any of the KR devs to somehow think they deserves any sympathy after all of this. We don't want apologies, we want improvements. That being said the free 30 day stuff is pretty nice and I'll happily take that :3 but that comes from Daum putting out another one of PA's fires so I am thankful to Daum for that, as far as I'm concerned PA has given us nothing here though. Like PA fixing a problem they created isn't a gift, if you spill paint all over someone house, you clean it up because it's the right thing to do, not because you are some great charitable person who wanted to help out.

I mean I am thankful to Daum for doing their best to put this fire out though and I hope they feel appreciated.

#23 LunaValentyn, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Lorenian likes this.
  4. Brightcide

The whales in other regions were complaining they were getting chain grabbed and killed by 535 gearscore peasants and PA didn't want to lose their one of their biggest revenue streams. :D

Dalenos, iller and TarkusBlack like this.
  5. Brightcide

Also, EXP event when?

6. Mr. Meeseeks

Devs are going to lower ap and dp(dr) bonuses, but will forget to balance higher tier mobs/areas like Gyfin Rhasia Temple (they buffed the mobs AP).

#26 Mr. Meeseeks, Apr 21, 2018
  7. Ailurus

8. Brightcide

I can definitely see them doing this.

KrimsonSky and SexGawdTy like this.
  9. CallingDaPolice

[​IMG]

Lorenian and KrimsonSky like this.
  10. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Balance between classes; the fundamental problems will be fixed.

“Progression”, the key element of fun for MMORPGs, will be made better

We will improve our internal process to maintain a stable and secure service and notify major changes in advance.

We hear and read that **** since the Release, i guess they dont even play the game and dont even read what they write as well. This is beyond help anymore.

@CM_Yukimura im sorry that you have to work for this garbage company, im rally sad.

11. OptimusPrime

don't be sorry for the CM. they get paid money to forward bs messages from PA all day. it's a great job.

show up to work at 10:15
    make coffee
    start up pc at 10:45
    check email
    chat with other CMs and laugh at how mad the community is
    go for lunch
    come back at 2pm
    copy paste templates such as "we're looking into it" "siege team high priority" "please submit a ticket"
    play foosball at employee lounge
    drink a can of red bull at 3:45pm
    browse the web at work
    high five other CMs and leaves work for the day

now if they are part of the technical team, you can feel sorry for them. their day usually goes like this:

show up at 10
    check tickets
    check second page of tickets
    skip and check last page of tickets
    get up and go for espresso
    come back and go "who patched this" "why are people falling from the sky" "why are people dying in towns" "why are monsters from one region spawning in another region" "wtf is this ****" "who TF did this" "where do i even start"
    email PA with help of google translate.
    get reply from PA's receptionist 2 weeks later saying "soory, that guy no longer work here. went to A:IR"

#31 OptimusPrime, Apr 21, 2018
  12. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Where can i apply to join at Cuckao?

13. OptimusPrime

don't. after BDO dies they'll lose the contract with PA

Ludakriss likes this.
  14. Toppest of Keks

So how about this PA:

1) Start hiring highly skilled players NOT FROM KOREA to provide input on the game from the rest of the world, especially since the majority of your company's income comes from outside of Korea. Get out of the KR server mentality because the rest of the world isn't there, doesn't have loads of boss gear sitting on buy in marketplace at varying enhancement levels, doesn't have regular item drop scrolls and skill xp option on daily xp boost, etc. I have a KR account and I can freely screenshot this stuff if you guys want.

2) If your development team has holes, fill them. If it's a number-of-bodies problem, hire more. Loads of talented young people in NA/EU regions would happily apply and, bonus, provide yet more insight into this arcane "rest of the world" Pearl Abyss is so out of touch with.

3) Pick a direction for the market and stick with it. Prices artificially set and maintained within a range? Stick with that range and make preorders the only exceptions. Don't let this price creep like we've seen from mid last year to now remain.

4) Work on the God damned fundamentals. Get rid of these multiple layers of buffs; the AP bonuses, the renown score, the class vs class bonuses. All of the crap that broadens the gap between geared and less geared. Scrap it all, start over. Figure out a better relationship between AP, DP, accuracy, evasion, and damage reduction. Wanna do BIG DAMAGE? Great, make it have a tradeoff like accuracy. Wanna be a tank? Cool, don't expect to deal much damage but maybe you can get enough accuracy to still hit (albeit in a wet noodly fashion). While you're rethinking the core numbers that determine combat effectiveness in the game, start actually taking specific feedback on classes with broken (that means not functional or correctly working) skills. Fix collision issues throughout the game world. After you do these two things, then you can start tweaking specific classes.

5) Give out a monthly pet or pearl stipend. Make it 1K pearls / month, split in some fashion as part of the login rewards. Easy.

6) Here's where we start salt mining, but start looking at why people are drawn to and play on the private servers. They are not insignificant numbers. There are lessons to be learned there.

BDO has the elements of being one of the best MMOs out there but God damn Pearl Abyss make it hard to stay in love with the game.

Ludakriss, Xero.Exe, Lorenian and 4 others like this.
  15. Nutter22

First off - I love this game. I play it all the time even tho my characters are pretty weak compared to others.

BUT (and sorry for the capitals here - but I don't want his statement to be missed on the off chance the dev's do read the replies) KEEP THINGS SIMPLE!

It's becoming very messy - systems are becoming way too complicated and this is part of the problem. And sometimes you have to GO BACKWARDS TO GO FORWARDS. Some of the changes are either unnecessary or just add another layer of confusion.

Part of what keeps me playing was the I need to look up how to do this or that mechanic for life skilling etc but reading current patch notes often leaves me confused. Your combat systems and enhancing should be easy to follow, simple. I think if I had to talk someone through recent and upcoming changes I'd be like - blimey where do I begin.

We've got multiple levels / ways to enhancing but I can't see why it's needed. I think the Caphras system makes sense but bring it to all enhancements - even the low ones. Let us choose if we want to go the full 100% enhance rate or whatever other percentage we think we'll succeed / were satisfied to take a chance at even for lower level gear.

So I'll say one more time - please keep changes simple.

Other than that thanks - as i said love the game generally and I'm here for the long term!

ODB3698, Netreiam and Dunkleosteus like this.
  16. Serimorph

Compensation in the form of ingame buffs becomes utterly useless when people can't even log in / stay logged in due to memory leaks and errorless CTDs.

ODB3698 likes this.
  17. OptimusPrime

how they think the public perceives PA:

[​IMG]

what is really going on:

[​IMG]

18. Nyhver

hire me for pvp design & balance pls

ill humbly accept advisor tho

19. AzureStarz

So just like with the golden puppy event again only KR gets the combat/skill EXP buff and we get left behind... GG our server deserves at least that much amount of equality.

20. Beeso

Your efforts are commendable. Keep at it.