1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. OptimusPrime

As far as hotshot kim is concerned, the rest of the world REALLY ISN'T THERE. Korean business mentality is absolutely condescending towards anything that isn't Korean. That includes us. Don't you get it? We're just here to have our tits milked down to our bone then they'll move on. Think they care about "oh but we bring in the highest revenue, we should have a say in things!"? They do not see things that way. And they won't. This is a fact.

This is exactly what they plan against. This is why they licence Kakao to manage PA's rights in the NA region. So PA doesn't have to invest a cent overseas themselves to set up a whole development office. They're doing just fine right now in their minds, and we're all just whiny customers who have no idea what's going on. Simply put PA signs a contract with Kakao with instructions to "just keep a lid on things" and bring in the money.

Take a step back and remember that these guys somehow managed to raise the water levels in towns in a previous patch. It's like someone with the intent to cook a steak somehow instead ends up with a pair of ski boots and some lego pieces. Like how TF do you even manage to do that.

And now you're asking that they REBUILD the whole thing? Not even someone with balls the size of Kappa Andromedae would touch this topic with a pole that has a length of 1 AU.

Just sit back and watch it burn, and bask yourself in amusement of what funny things they will come up with next. It's out of our control.

2. FoxGod

FoxGod FoxGod Tamer 61 NA

Valencia buff when?

Tamer magic defense fix when?

Good game when?

AzureStarz and Amordys like this.
  3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Why aren't we getting the month long exp event?

That aside, good news.

Amordys likes this.
  4. Shadow8125

Thank you for this information.
    My guild mates and I were just bantering back and forth about expanding too fast and not being able to polish or refine different things.

For all those who wish the devs and GMs to read the forums for player suggestions, I would suggest those who constantly "WHEN <this> WHEN <that>" stop.
    It makes it hard to find worthwhile comments when there are a few people who post just to have something to post.

The first one, after the initial post, is not relevant to anything in this thread.

If we want the devs and GMs to work with us, we need to have everyone grow up and stop the "WHEN" crap.

Personally I would rather the devs work on the 15 classes we have, refine the code as needed, improve graphics that were just created for a patch and what-not before someone gets another stupid outfit they can wear in game.

That is my 2 cents.

Lorenian and Anvilus like this.
  5. Phantom-playR

MMORPG

The second M mean multiplayer right ?
    Why can't I share a quest with a friend, share my loot with a friend, craft something with a friend, use an house with a friend ?

All my friends have stopped BDO due to the lack of multiplayer gameplay.

To the developer and the players : am I the only one who think this is possible ? Am I the only one who want that ?

Rekch, VasilisD, Neutronux and 4 others like this.
  6. NZBerserk

i find it funny how your saying renown score Balance this game thats full of **** you can no long use evasion or dr gear to its full potential this is how you destroy a good game now this game is pure ****. you cant even fight people with 20 gear score higher then you now this is the time that bdo will lose customers for there stupid idea of thinking renown score will fix this game gg this game stucks big time now

KrimsonSky likes this.
  7. OptimusPrime

The point of the whole renown system is to get around the meticulous task of balancing each class. It's a blanket solution that they now shot themselves at the foot with. Nobody to blame but themselves.

PA isn't stupid. They are extremely clever. "...pay extra attention to class balance"?? It's corporate statements like these that piss people off.

Do you think that they are oblivious to the fact that some classes are beyond op? They probably jerk off watching mystics fighting off and winning against 30 people, while simultaneously, they themselves are playing wizard, 1 shotting 15 people with only their left hand, while their right hand is jerking off their pet cat sitting next to them.

HOW ABOUT YOU GROW DOWN BUDDY

There's absolutely no reason or justification for the case of NOT releasing lahn by now.

Absolutely. No. Reason.

We all know why.

1) Milk. it's too soon for mystics to reroll. they gotta push more outfit sales.
    2) We're not Koreans.

I for one just want a change of scenery. Something besides a sea of mystics whenever I leave town.

Oh and don't worry about spamming the threads. They read each thread. Their mods read every thread as soon as they're posted. It's just that Kakao is obligated to ignore everything short of their office catching on fire. In other words, it is their JOB to:

a) not bother PA unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary (like if Lacari lost it and decides to hang himself live on twitch over disconnecting from siege after the server switch)

b) work things out with the NA community (ie. "siege monitoring team" "high priority" "looking into things")

8. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Because "Goldseller", people go ape **** because of the fear of goldseller, this is why this game is crappy. Game is P2w already and People still think goldseller would ruin this game lulz.

Phantom-playR likes this.
  9. iller

I liked this smoke-up-ass blowing better when it was merely Laughable ... now it's just becoming depressing

There's no "Carrot" to look forward to after these so called "balance" & renown changes... there's Stick, Bigger Stick, and then bubba's custom Prison-Stick
    regarding the mechanics without colorful analogies... no matter how they attempt to justify this, it's just going to hollow out the already pillaged PvP population robbing it of whatever remained of its less hardcore players. Whether the hardcore "Wolves" want to admit it or not, they need the sheep. And for those sheep to keep playing, they in-turn need atleast the illusion that every now and then they'll get some kind of small victory or reason for encouragement. And that's now impossible with this terrible system they're trying to shoe horn in. There's no "end game" to even work towards without at least that illusion. The lousy PvE by itself was never good enough to sustain a real playerbase. So they're going to be in serious trouble real soon if they don't get a CLUE fast and listen to the actual players instead of only listening to their Shareholders or their darling KR streamers & whales

#49 iller, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    ODB3698 and Lorenian like this.
  10. AsyaTheBoatKing

This is the biggest ******** ever... for example i am a solo player without a guild for ever and i still manage to hit renown score of 546 which give me damm nice bonus stats... this stupid payout blablabalba ******** there are even payout carried player who didnt have my gear and everything past softcap is luck only and have nothing to do with 400 mill each weak payouts this is not much money its patethic how player who not want to play or work ingame using this payout ******** so they can keep believing and speading the ******** that without a payout you will forever stay weak ingame... the true is no one need a payout that has nothing to do with how good you can be with your gear progression.

This renown system is genius nothing more and less its the best thing that hit bdo for the past last year i am so happy they done this.

11. Tribble

Tribble EU

I mean the water issue was because they were in the works of fixing the ability to fish at places that didn't even have water :)

12. ImDaTruth

Where the XP buffs at that the other regions got?

[​IMG]

Dalenos and Amordys like this.
  13. OptimusPrime

Isn't that cute?

It's like a guy finds wildlife that's not native to the area in his attic:

"What is this? YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE"

fast forward 2 hours

"Honey, wake up, grab the kids and wait in the car"
    "What's happening hun"
    "No time to explain. But somehow I flooded the house. I think pretty soon the city's going to be underwater. Grab some bananas on your way down"

Tribble likes this.
  14. Phantom-playR

Wow is still up and there is goldseller, for me it's not a valuable reason

15. HogWash

You Pearl Abyss are incapable of balancing classes and Kakao games are incapable of communication!
    This is what you showed us over the passed 2 years
    (How did the CC changes Stiffness spam even make it passed your testers?) I'll tell you why cause your incapable that's why!
    You act like a bunch of amatures and prove it time after time!
    You build a beautiful ship but can't sail it........

16. NVG

NVG

Why not give us Lahn so that we can still enjoy the game while you guys are fixing the PvP?

17. Furyphoenix

How about it been time to start listening to us and not just the koreans? would it hurt you to hear those that invest in your products? Some of us have hopes for this company some of us lost all hope and personally i started to believe that you people are clueless to what this game is all about.

This latest change makes the game feel like its hated the pvp is hated and whoever made these suggestions either is really bad at simple logic or just doesnt do pvp to the extent the actual players do,you guys dont even play your own game and then you decide without even asking your own crowed,some time before the community did a google form that had amazing ideas but apprently it got lost and or never even paid attention,you people only care for money and nothing else and thats the truth,i refuse to put any more money in this game until you guys actually make something happen and actually add some ACTUAL CONTENT.

I set a timer for bdo until age of wushu 2 is released if by then you guys dont fix this game then i am sorry but my support and hope for this game will end.This is your last chance bdo team.

lifescaption, Lorenian and Netreiam like this.
  18. Brumas

How about giving an public test server to test out pvp changes and receive actual player feedback before releasing it to avoid this sort of mess.

#58 Brumas, Apr 21, 2018
  19. Tribble

Tribble EU

lmao

20. Sunvaar

Sunvaar Warrior 24 EU

To the ppl here that still complain having "when" posts:
    Recognizing oneself that you have a problem is the first step to improving oneself.
    Kakao recognized that they have a real problem with their way of managing this game, apologized and it seems that they are working on it.
    Have you recognized your toxicity issue?
    As for the day and time they conduct this emergency fix, F***ing get a life. It is a Saturday morning, go out, take a walk, drink some beer or a coffee with friends, get a life...

#60 Sunvaar, Apr 21, 2018
    BioticXplosion and Dilaton like this.