1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. DAOWAce

Would help if this was done after the server upgrade.

A week of these buffs is going to waste for all the people who aren't playing until then.. plus everyone's Koi fishing regardless.

It's great stuff like this is happening, but honestly it's just more of the same. "Oops we did something people don't like, oops we screwed something up, here's some compensation". That's been BDO's story since launch, notably the NA/EU release.

I just hope that finally there's fundamental changes to the game's development and publishing in other regions. We've been on the same trend for far too long.

Oh, and the cash shop keeps getting more and more egregious as time goes on. This needs to change too, as the promise Daum made on release was broken.

2. Ito_Okami

@CM Aethon
    Please describe in detail why we don't get the same compensations as the korean.

3. lewisefur

Whatever happened to that promise to fix the energy investments with nodes? You claimed you were going to address that, same time to promised to reveal hidden stats, which was done. Yet my lvl 10 nodes still yield no more than my uninvested nodes. Also, Port Ratt is way over due for housing. I don't want to spend 4 and a half hours to get one shrimp from Nada island.

4. Kalik

It's good to hear about what you all are focusing on, and hope the server changes are a big step forward. But, is there a reason we are not getting the 100% Combat EXP / 20% Skill EXP buffs from April 21st to May 21st along with KR?

#64 Kalik, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    ODB3698, AzureStarz and VorteX332 like this.
  5. RP Tzuyu

2 cres guardians can just down smash me to death.... like wtf is this

6. Bullshizle

Thank you so much for the information you have given about future changes and your vision about the game.
    I was already a supporter of the latest patch because I could understand why these changes were made.
    It's a shame the community always has to give a child-like-minded reaction, you take away their toys and they get upset.

No matter what you do, how hard you try to make this game better; some people will never appreciate the hard work you invest in this game.
    The majority of the MMO playerbase just became this way, scream until they get what they want; Finally realizing all that they wanted was just an illusion and then complain the game became 'too easy', 'stale' and 'boring'.

I haven't seen many game developers talk to their playerbase with such openness and it sure is refreshing to see a company care so much.

Haters gonna hate, ignore it, you are doing a good job !

7. Vafthrudnirson

There's two massive, gaping problems holding BDO back. Soft cap zergs in low tier nodes and accessory enhancement mechanics.

Firstly, there is no casual or fun entrance into node wars, period. Every single week half or more of the low tier nodes are captured by huge blobs of 525+ geared players. There's no possible way for a 470 average gear score 35 man group to have a fun consistent experience in node war. 70 man groups riding behind 3 parties of 270 AP people deleting whole guilds in one push is not fun, it's not interesting for either side, but if you place a T1 fort as a non soft cap guild right now you have at least a 50% chance of that happening. You can't sit here and tell me that in a game with virtually no content in between the tutorial quests and node war that we're expected to sit on our hands and grind nagas until we hit the GS to join a siege guild. There has to be intermediate node warring for people who have no hope of reaching the top levels of gear and XP. Node war is declining because it's only for people who can grind 10 hours a day and every day that gap gets wider and wider. Someone starting out today might be soft cap tet armor/weap tri accessory in a year or two. By that time the siege reject trolls deleting T1 guilds will be level 63 and hard cap. I know it's hard to balance this stuff, but there should be repeatable group content for sub soft cap players. Without it this game will continue to decline.

Secondly, the POS accessory enhancement system. This also plays into a lot of the above, a huge portion of the player base struggle to progress towards soft cap because the accessory path is asinine beyond belief. So you have like the middle half of your player base is permanently 480 GS because the accessory enhancement screwed them 8 too many times and they feel there's no hope to go forward. BiS necklaces don't drop ever, period. And you're potentially looking at buying hundreds of them just to get a tri. Doubling the drop rate of accessories is nothing, when you double 0.00002% chance it makes no difference at all in the overall feel of the game. It's too brutal for a main stream game. Why do we need this PEN laytenn lottery system to make 1 in a million players that have massive AP advantages? It makes absolutely no sense. I'm not asking for everyone to get free PEN hard cap accessories, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere because the current system is not sustainable.

#67 Vafthrudnirson, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  8. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Because People have no idea, thinking this Game turns P2W but with this MP system you cant go ape **** on it anyways. MMORPG with no Trade system are bad already since it doesnt even allows playing with friends or makes it rewarding. Like the Party system you get less exp in a Party lul. No wonder there is a Griefing fest in this Game. Then the drop system, you cant set to a Loot "bag" that doesnt go on selling, everything has to go into the MP so people have something to sink silver in like idiots. Totaly encourages playing with others, lul.

Phantom-playR likes this.
  9. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Because we are western costumers which are 2nd humans because we are not from KR, what do you expect? Favorism at its max.

ODB3698 likes this.
  10. Nik_Fury

Make Ninja Great Again. Why did you mess up our combo?

11. Chhinnamastika

ty BDO. Devs etc.

Bullshizle likes this.
  12. Bullshizle

If you read the article you should understand,..

13. Envywastaken

@CM Aethon @CM Yukimura Hey I know you are propably tired to hear all this "When this and that" But wouldn't it be unwise to NOT have Lahn on NA/EU during this 30 days of balancing since people are now rerolling and trying out new classes? And it wouldn't be fair that KR can freely change and reroll to Lahn if they feel like they want to play it but we are still limited to what we have now. Let's say Bob here wants to reroll from his valkyrie. He tries out couple classes and feels like he wants to reroll to Sorceress but would also want to try out Lahn but can't. He proceeds to reroll the Sorc and sometime after Lahn gets released and he tries it and is like wow i want to play this but I just rerolled sorc and invested time on it. Now he has to do the reroll process again. Bob is sad :( Would be nice if PA woudl realize this too :P

Never and Amordys like this.
  14. OptimusPrime

Kakao has no deciding influence in this matter. WE do not have deciding influence in this matter. Only PA has the authority to release lahn. They are the ones who gives the green light. In fact, the usb key to lahn's update is stuffed inside mr. kim's anus where it's completely secured.

Kakao is to PA like Madagascar is to the USA. How does the USA respond when Madagascar requests military assistance?

"fk off Madagascar"

ODB3698 and Envywastaken like this.
  15. Envywastaken

Yeah I know PA gives the final call when its ready but would be nice if they Kakao would say something to PA about this :)

16. Easdeth

Could we possible get 30-day Combat Book, too, just like Koreans did? :)

Immortalised likes this.
  17. Alicia Dominica

Here we have it, the question whether this game is 100% gear-carry or not has finally been answered, with an official statement no less.

To conclude, this games joke of a PvP will always remain at trash-tier.

Lorenian likes this.
  18. Cold Napalm

Okay so the stiffness loop I can see as an oversight and fixing it ASAP is a good thing. That is all fine there.

The renown scaling however...WTF are you thinking?!? You don't give exponential growth to the top end players when you want to bring balance to PvP. Like what bottom ranked scuzzy DeVry did you fail out of to make that a good idea in your head?!? No seriously. The term stupid beyond words comes to mind. The renown system in theory is a good idea. But the way you all did it is MORONIC. The +5 DR bonus should be coming at the lower scores...and often at that. And that should taper off to +1 with big gaps in between them. Or at the very least, keep it linear like the AP. But really, even the AP should be biases more for the lower scores and give less as you go up. This would let lower gear score people catch up in a manner. And if you want to milk more money from players, that min score makes new players more hungry to invest. And when they get noticeable boosts instead of some measly +7 DR after spending hundreds of millions of silver to get tri gear...yeah, you have players interested in investing more...the way you have it now, that new player spends hundreds of million (or even billions) of silver, get a tiny boost while the whales get a massive 3 digit DR boost and you have bye Felicia. What you have set up is a whale catcher that is gonna take away all the players for them to consume as content. Sure you quarter report will look nice. Maybe even the next couple after that. But this game ain't gonna last the 5 year mark the way you all are going. Oh and if you REALLY want to milk things, make alt not only more viable and friendly, but actually beneficial. Make it so that you can do say a daily kill quest for small amounts of pearls (or other desirable rewards). Scaling ones...with harder ones offering more rewards (and the basic one should require like say tri green gear and be like level 56+). Once per toon. So having multiple alts with decent GS becomes desirable. I mean seriously, are you guys even trying to milk the players? This opens up whaling to a whole new level.

As for the new tet and pen system...I hope for the love of all that is good and holy you make that option to tet and pen the normal gear (like heve, grun and such) not that expensive so new/more casual players have a way to reach decent GS levels using that method before investing in boss gear. If at all. Lemoria/liverto should cost more of course...and boss gears should be quite expensive. But you should really have a scale. I'm gonna bet good money that this will be ignored and you will make teting a grun armor piece cost the same as dim tree armor...sans the repair cost anyways. Because really, this new renown application has taken away ALL respect I have for the devs of this company. I mean I have seen some really stupid things from Korean MMOs...mainly because Koreans are crazy, but seriously, even Koreans think this is stupid crazy bad. You made something too stupid crazy even for Koreans. Man...I'd be impressed if this level of stupid wasn't so damn scary.

19. Cold Napalm

But we get compensations! Who cares about actually fixing anything when we can complain about not getting the same compensation as KR.

20. Ruby Diamond

"Damage Reduction boost with the Renown Score will be adjusted downward" WHAT THE HELL?! DAMAGE REDUCTION IS LITERALLY THE ONLY THING YOU DID IN MODERATION!

Maybe I am the only player who used Mystic for her passive DP because she didn't (and still doesn't) have a block? The skills didn't flow and most of the Mystic skills are really weak and the "combos" people claim they used for super armor had huge animation gaps. I don't know why anyone ever lost to a Mystic before, but I know why no one should right now.