1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

so we have the exactly boring, unbalanced game thne before??? no hell no. everything is better then the old system. EVERYTHING

2. Hortalr~

I rarely see good things from you, but this time I can only agree with you, even if you play witch

3. Teodoro

i would say this . start listening to the community and not do what ever you want .. you totally ignore the community ... continuing doing so you will left alone ! like with the update of hidden stats OMG what a mess and confusion among 1000 of players all over .. spending all this time energy effort and money to get an item that after all is not what they really wanted to go cos of hidden stats !!!!

bare that in mind in the feature ... is the community what keeps you alive but that doesn't mean always what ever the community want will give it to them .. has to be logical and has to be making bdo even better MMO

In my opinion tho the reown system buffs i found it good and rewarding for everyone .. and yes i think the difference between tri and tet gear ( or a level + or - ) it should noticeable in pvp and pve

have a great day BDO

#123 Teodoro, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  4. Hilligan

Hilligan Escanor Mystic 62 EU

Pfff Test your features before update your game, Bdo has become a new Beta closed? continue to break your gameplay.

5. Constance

You must be either anti-PvP (life skiller), "OR", a Warrior/Valkyrie/Striker/Mystic/Witch/Wizard... All the other classes that had roles and jobs outside of being "Tanky" got really fck'd and can't do anything anymore.

Lorenian likes this.
  6. OmegaXYZ

Hi. If the new system is worse why not rolling back changes? Apart that I would like: Doungeons, male and female rangers and more:
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/dungeons.35302/#post-848326
    https://community.blackdesertonline...le-in-the-sea-and-wishlist.54978/#post-847990

I prefer PVE like it is now apart knockdown by mobs. About PVP i don't usually PVP cause I prefer BDO adventure which is very good: exploring, making a story, recording a video, Roleplaying etc.

I wrote the list of 43 things I would like in the game (2nd link) b4 the new system. Vote if You like or not please.

What I don't want is that an awesome game like BDO goes down for a single patch especially after playing since the release and reaching with great effort the level and the gear I have now. That would piss me off the most I think.

Bye.

#126 OmegaXYZ, Apr 21, 2018
    Lorenian likes this.
  7. AlderLacertosus

PA, I just think a lot of your troubles would've been solved and avoided if you simply had other people testing your content before you released them. Just hire playtesters to test and critique your content so you can make tweaks and fix any little/big thing, that you and the playtesters find, before it blows up into a complete mess like it was for this patch.

And if the content is game-breaking or just too bad, then it's always fine to scrap it and think of something else! I think a lot of people would prefer quality over something arbitrary and quick just to get stuff out ASAP.

Edit: made it less confusing and shortened it.

#127 AlderLacertosus, Apr 21, 2018
    choovanski likes this.
  8. OmegaXYZ

Well if i see problems i write to support. Apart that I don't know how much complex is programming a game like BDO but it must be much worse fixing things I think. They should fix BDO very well cause the fighting system is potentially the best I ever seen in a game apart the awesome graphics. I like skill system so please don't change it. About balancing is the most difficult thing to do in a game and it takes time.

Dear Developers:
    Forget other games and frankly I prefer BDO, focus BDO instead and don't disappoint players please. I will continue playing BDO for years cause I looked forward playing this game, I bought a new PC for playing this game and I like the world and characters. I just started RP. Don't ruin all please. My ranger is watching You all :D Thanks.

A thing I would like among all: Male and female rangers team combo :) like in a fighting game.

[​IMG]

#128 OmegaXYZ, Apr 21, 2018
  9. bloodku

how can you possibly think things right now are better than before? the gear gaps are insane and the classes just got a whole lot more unbalanced due to this patch.

10. AlderLacertosus

They have the resources and they SHOULD just hire some playtesters for their game before it blows up badly like it did with this. :(

11. OmegaXYZ

I tried Pve not PVP after the patch (I haven't tried PVP after it). As I said why not rolling back patch if it is a problem? And then start from it.

12. Cold Napalm

The shilling is strong in this one. Even if you think some of what they did was good, there is NOWAY anyone with a brain can say that EVERYTHING they did was good. Not with the result it has in this game with the top GS players basically being untouchable by anyone else.

Brightcide likes this.
  13. chendu

Well if they want to balance the game, it's fairly easy and straightforward , they have 16 classes, they take 16 people on their team and start playing the damn thing :
    1. They all start on different server ( actual server with plenty of player there) (their only allowed to change server from lvl 56 onward)
    2. They don't communicate their char name
    3. Biweekly update, they see which one get to 60 the fastest
    4. when they get 58 they start seeking active pvp (to get or defend grinding spot) and by that time they had tested all valencia, balenos, calpheon, mediah and serendia grinding spot ( that include aakman and hystria)
    5. when all of them are 60 they start a guild ( only at this time can they share their name) and go full conquest nod wars.

I takes roughly 2 month to a new player to get 60 with some dedication, oh and by the way => Kash item forbidden with the sole exception of 4 T1 pet and one costume the rest they have to get with loyalties.

After that I guarantee you they'll see most of the problem the game balance has.

And I include aakman and hystria because before the patch note people with lesser gear but good gameplay could farm those places, it took some concentration but it was possible, now if your under-geared aakman is barely passable and hystria just one shot the whole group... so much for improvement

14. Azaleh

I love how people get upset in this topic whilst half of that letter doesn´t mean to respond to NA/EU. That guy is talking about problems that aren´t even implemented in these regions.

BTW. Dont mind me, I was just scrolling down to see if any GM responded to any player. Turns out they didn´t either. Guess why? ´cause you dont matter

Erecon likes this.
  15. Solsi

Well, class- and gear balance was total ******** even before the 18th April patch. Big part of the community already avoided PvP entirely, because of that.

At least now, we have every Pearl Shop buff in the game for free, to make up for lacking balance. Before the April patch we got nothing.

Anyway, I'm happy.

16. Brightcide

Seriously though, EXP buff when? Other regions got the bonus EXP, why didn't NA/EU?

AlderLacertosus likes this.
  17. gervleth

So many whiny kids! Love it. Great work devs!!

18. Fayrix

It was nice to scroll through it all, after all the mistakes and failures I still got hopes in you. BDO has many flaws to be honest, like all games do, but if the devs start to listen to the western community too hopefully BDO will stay on the mmo market, and not just become another "filler" game. The mmo community keeps migrating from game to game darnit, it's really not good as it is. This game had and has the potential to become an awesome mmo that can compete with the biggest names - IF the devs want to make the customers happy, not just their pockets. IF.
    I can't say many things about the PvP aspects as I'm not doing it, so I won't. It was never my type of gameplay and I'm still fairly undergeared to even get some success on the battlefield. The RNG based systems are not ultimately bad as with a little luck anybody could be an allpowerful character, but it's way too luck-oriented to be enjoyable. I've gotten to the point where I spend money on buying my stuff instead of enchanting cause anytime I have to enchant I must brace myself for the headache I will get. The new enchanting system might do the trick, I hope so.

The biggest problem I have with this game is that even though it's supposed to be an mMo, a multiplayer game, you basically can't interact with others. I have a friend I play with, but we usually don't even group up, what for? We can't share loot, money, even the xp is worse that way. I'm still confused by the totally limited trade, I get it, goldsellers are the new archenemy but really though? If you could only make trade in a limited version, similar to the storage fairy maybe? X items per hour/day, or X LT weight of items are tradeable? And before anybody mentions the attendance rewards and the multiple accounts, most attendance items are familybound, blackstones and sharps could be made personal transaction unavailable (and they are, I think) so they can't be traded. What is the point of having a huge ship to carry a group of people if the group alltogether can't help in making? I still remember the pain of building an epheria sailboat all alone, all by myself, and I KNOW I could have halved the time if my friend could trade me the logs he cut off... Maybe some solo-duo-group size instance or dungeon like places would also be nice where you would need to think how you want to kill the boss and all? Maybe a bit thinking with grinding? I'm basically slamming the keyboard with my face after two hours of grinding out of boredom. Really.
    The cash shop prizes are also out of hand, I don't think I'm alone when I say I can't afford to pay a brand new game's price for an outfit which is character locked. Microtransactions turned out to be the most succesful when it comes to income from games, use it! Or at least make the ingame craftable costumes wearable over gear without having to pay... I was so happy to see all those awesome clothes, armors, but they just sit in my inventory cause they have no use...

After all it's still just a rant, a wish, something, and it probably goes unnoticed as the others. Prove me wrong, please... I want this game to work so much!

19. Oni-ni-Kanabo

"
    [Update] 4/21/2018

Dear Adventurers,

As most of you are aware, there has been many concerns from the community regarding the new Crowd Control effect changes since the patch on April 18th, 2018. Instead of waiting until next week’s patch, we wanted to correct some major issues caused from the last patch. We would like to offer our sincere apology for bringing the servers down for an urgent maintenance during the weekend, but we thought this was necessary to ensure that the issue at hand didn’t last long. And as a token of our sincere apology for disappointing our beloved adventurers, we are going to offer some compensation to all adventurers. The compensation list can be found from the latest Dev Diary.

Uh not implemented in EU you saying.....
    Going over a few very good post `s like this lad who went that like the new changes and so on but actually he dont PvP....... well its sounds to me like entering in KFC and order a vegetarian meal......completely nonsense.However wuld like to ask why ppl actually express their gratitude to developers that they do a mistake and acknowledge it.... a good developers aint let this mistake to happen at first place....you know R&D,,,Developers....Q&A.....end user.You tell me which stages they miss on that chain XD..... Oh btw what i crave is not extra value pack or Kama ****....what i crave is balanced classes without Dsync.....but probably that will be somewhere in sc-fi section cause aint see that coming anytime soon.

20. Lulz

Zerkers need new dmg modifier %, i dont see why this class has to be viable only above 260 ap