1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. OmegaXYZ

In my opinion renown score is usefull for pve for grinding beyond level 61 especially and it helps.
    If it were possible renown system should work only for pve and not pvp and if not possible, change back and try something else.

KhalidIbnWaalid likes this.
  2. Nimja1

So what about the bonus xp KR is getting? I see no mention of that. I would like that too please.

3. DRKN

Two things about that.

First, If its useful to grind mobs at level 61 then ask what the problem is, if its mobs that have such high AP/DP values then they should have their values reduced, like Mediah mobs were nerfed without having to implement such a system, this would not affect PvP.

Second, the way they gone about it ... let me show you, AP value is +2 per renown tier but DR bonus is +1 per tier until 470-477, then its a absurd +5, someone at the lower value gets +15 DR as someone at 470 gets +20 DR and it gets worst because at 552-559 they get another bump and it became +10 DR, someone at 572 gets a bonus of +100 DR as someone at 518 gets half of that, even when the bonus drop at 579-586 it still goes to a +5 per tier.

The issue is the system is AGAIN unbalanced against high GS that get higher benefits on top of their already high DP, this *is* the major problem, the system is not +10/~/+5/~/+1 that would allow people with high GS get benefits but not with the gap they got with a +1/~/+5/~/+10/~/+5, what they did was widening the gap by giving the most benefits to the people that were ALREADY above the softcap and the lesser benefits to the people that were under it.

Of course with the constant BUY ARTISAN MEMORIES and a system designed to destroy people progress after a certain point its not very hard to make a connection of why that DR progression was made and with what purpose, its certainly NOT to help people under the softcap because otherwise they would made the system stop AT the softcap instead of giving the highest bonus per tier well above it.

4. Zephyrsong

good ish, thanks for saying you'll be working on things. While your at it revert boss timers, nobody goes anymore. that's a good start and just keep on making improvements and listen to feedback. The players have put in a lot and some maybe more time and effort into the game, those that have know what their talking about.

5. DonKiller

DonKiller DonKiller Wizard 63 EU

Good Morning @ Jae-hee Kim

Edit
    oh i forgot that pearl!!
    A 1v1 is of course the solution (for your servers at least)

#145 DonKiller, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  6. WoolyDub

Fun and engaging gear progression system when?

7. Aisell

Right, got it. So you wanted to reward your whales and **** over everyone else right? Oh and **** build diversity, let's just force everyone to go AP monkey.

Do you idiots even play your own game?

8. Avonna

thank you....moving forward.

letters like this should be more PROACTIVE instead of REACTIVE...but we think you understand that now. ( hope :))
    players that make their voice heard ( not all ) want to see the game grow and become great, just like your goals, so taking player consideration into account a little more would help both parties involved, you and us.

thank you .

9. Slabby

Your gear SHOULDN'T save you if you make a mistake.

10. Becareful

they shouldn't preach about fun when they dont even play their own game.. have you even seen what ocean content is like? anything that has to do with water is complete and utter disappointment and it is not fun its just a boring horrible grind. ESPECIALLY for those without fish suits. I really really seriously from the bottom of my ass feel SOOOOoo sorry for people who don't have a fish suit it makes me sick. They at least had the courtesy to buy the game. GOOD JOB LOCKING ENTIRE CONTENT BEHIND A PAYWALL or else literally get f'ed on...

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

even more so if both players are equipped with zero defensive gears. (nothing defensive besides armor that everyone wears)

we have defense gear in game, they just need to balance it with ap gears. as it is, ap is badly scaled and people are almost FORCED to use it. id even remove the word almost from the last sentence but hey...

#151 WhySoSeeryus, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  12. RP Tzuyu

can't wait to tet my gears and quit the game for good

13. Fall from grace

Was it called a diary? When I read diary I think of something that is not supposed to be shared with many nor to be token to seriously.

So was this just a bunch of bs?

14. choovanski

there's only so much longer I can stick around with zerker on life support

I don't have the will to level and gear another 60

so while I am saddened by the current state of the game, I am hopeful thanks to this thread. please do not make a fool of my faith. thankyou

15. OmegaXYZ

Well. Surely reducing AP and DP of mobs like it happened in mediah would be easier. PVE and PVP should have different systems. They could change back before the patch and use another system.

Personally I would keep the old one and I would have tested the new one separately if the changes were so big. The day the last patch was out I was happy cause I could grind mobs easily but I didn't know this would affect pvp like this.

I went to shultz for trying. It was esier. Before absolute and rabam skills bow was weaker so I used only awakened fro grinding. Now I can use both and it is more funny.

Yesterday I went to Kama, Ronaros were good enough but some mobs around Ruins were harder than before I remember. I hope they'll fix these problems asap.

Apart that, if these changes happened in Korea first, why not waiting before doing the same in EU?
    I would add the new class instead and reduced AP and DP of kama mobs for allowing grinding to 62 with some extra boost. Why to 62? I need skill points, silver etc, why not. I grind only 1 hour day and it is not a problem. I didn't expect this system coming out. I prefer the new area and the new class. If a new system would be used I would have waited that Black Desert map would be completed b4 making big changes like this. At least I think so. Then I am happy for the compensation and I wait they fix things.

#155 OmegaXYZ, Apr 22, 2018
  16. BaldVulture

"we wanted to compensate the adventurers who had overcome the risk of Enhancement and spent millions of Silvers while growing their characters. We also wanted to reduce the instances where adventurers would get killed instantly no matter how good their equipment was due to a slight mistake in PvP. Despite our intentions, the gap in PvP balance has deepened and we sincerely apologize for causing so much concern to our adventurers.

In the following weeks, Damage Reduction boost with the Renown Score will be adjusted downward and damage inflicted will also be decreased. Further changes that will polish class balance will be implemented."

this will bring us back to square one, ppl who have been on top for over a year and a half have been there for long enough. closing the gear gap should be number 1 priority. All I wish for is balanced pvp like there was when +15 was max on weapons and armor. the new cephra system will only help those who are already on top. forcing enhancement will most likely be way too expensive, just like cron stones ATM. the simple solution is remove ability to use cron stones on accessories, and then reduce the purchase price from 1 million silver to 100K-250K silver. that way everyone has a possibility to get their weps and armor to PEN while and the edge given to those who dare with accessories. to me this would be the best and simplest solution. what the devs are doing atm is beyond my understanding. I'm all down for the new CC system, I think its a great change. renown aswell. the Gear gap is the issue, ppl with TET/PEN while other cannot get past tri even after 20+ failed TET attempts... that's how ppl end up looking for a new game.

17. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

This game does not reward in any way who plays from lot more time, I find myself being easy killed by people who play less than half of me, this is because you try to ease more and more things to attract new players, so you lose the old however, continue to change the balance so we must always spend the savings to vary our objects, the mass pvp is just a meaningless chaos, in the pvp 1vs1 we do not duel the first one that hits wins, then there are classes advantaged to hit first obviously.. if you do not find a solution I leave the game.

The AP evasion accuracy evasion system is completely unbalanced in favor of those who have a lot of skill accuracy and DR scale.

The game does not hold the mass PVP, the servers are not good enought, and the game engine written in dx11 can not handle so many objects and effects simultaneously, not exploiting the potential of modern hardware in the least, my 8 core processor does not exceeds 30% of use even when the 1080ti drops to 30fps, the dx11 limit draw calls causing overhead, since you would not use the dx12 because not compatible with windows 7 know that there is VULKAN that is also compatible with linux, so you would have the chance to have even more users! solving the problems of performance .. but you'll never do it ..

You miss a beta server where anyone can enter have a character already lv 61 with money and equip to test the next patches, you want to do everything on your own and these are the results, it is clear that you do not play this game because you are in deep sea.

We also talk about the AFK system of many life activities that force people to leave their PC turned on for hours and days without interruption, this system should be banned worldwide because it produces a lot of energy consumption for things that do not exist and of no use! polluting the environment unnecessarily! in addition you overload the servers, so you give yourself a hoe on your feet!

Now ask us patience and feedback but you will not listen to us so much..

So, as soon come a valid alternatives for this game, you will lose at least 50% of the users, soon released Bless and now you have been waking up with the changes and reworking?

#157 Kurtferro79, Apr 22, 2018
    Slynx, Dilaton and Tamosaki like this.
  18. Tamosaki

Congratz to the dev on how they ruined and dumb down this game. I'll continue to enjoy the game through life skilling and chilling with friends which means when another game that catches my eye I'm out of here. Feel free to look into how much pearls I invested, the time and effort into 1 ****en class that I never have rerolled. And the time spent trying to master it, and the agonizing pain of how my class was so effected to lag more so then others in 1v1 even yet I didn't get the pleasure of playing her in a less laggy enviroment. I am just done with it, the pvp and being competitive do you know why? You just **** us over when we had spent **** tons of money and time only to change it. I'm alright being one shotted, do you know why? Because I recognized I made stupid battle decisions. But to go and change the whole system that requires less skill is less fun for me, it bores me to tears and fighting feels like more of a two people hacking at each other mindlessly as AP is the factor at who will win.
    You say that there is too much repetitive gameplay, combos etc, but in reality when the new system has been adjusted and calmed down there is just a new limited about of set combos one does and will become repetitive, there be new if not same set of OP classes that shines out of the rest. All it does is introduces another level of balances through out classes, and you guys are just far too lazy to look at each individual classes.

Good on you people who enjoy the new patch, lets hope most of us stay here for you to enjoy the game. I lost hope in this game. There is no longer a factor of skill based in the game so this game doesn't appeal to me anymore.

T800 likes this.
  19. Nimja1

Seriously tho, no xp and skill xp during this month? Global patch but no global compensation huh?

Cant have those sub-human NA/EU players get as much as KR master race I guess.

20. Weifi

Your vision...? You've banned a large chunk of the player base permanently using the broken XIGN spyware detection system. Your pearl store is overpriced, and the 3rd party GM service you've hired is lazy. Work on your infrastructure first before giving more content, i.e. servers, customer service, consumer and provider communications/ToS. I already charged back 4K+ due to your GM's violating their own ToS by being lenient on streamers and not the individuals who put money in your pockets.