1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Aethon, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Playin4Food

I've been a loyal customer/player for 2 years.. Y not double the increase in hard & sharp drop rate? Your doing it for accessories so y not do it for hard & shards? It will make soft-cap a lot easier to obtain.. Thanks btw!

2. Minto

Didnt see any difference before and after the drop rate increase patch... Or maybe still not apply in eu/na.

Also the lack of hard/shard for build fs is suck pain cause the amount of fs for enhance accessories suck itself

3. KhalidIbnWaalid

THIS ^

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  4. Drewbee

@CM Aethon Are you guys going to start soon with posting a prepatch notes? Like other games do, a couple days before they will post, most or all the notes.so that They can hear feedback, keeps people informed..ext.. Is this something that you guys can do maybe start each monday? Cause right now its still to quit. We know that new servers are coming but whats after that.. I feel like this would be a great start if you guys did this. Thanks for your time!

5. ALO

ALO

I wish Dev dairy #5 to be with contend schedule ...

Lahn when?

Erecon likes this.
  6. Solenya

I for one like the CC changes, it did indeed close the gap between heavy CC classes and non heavy CC classes.
    Renown system is rewarding for the ballgrinding enchanting that is necessary, and I also like it.

The down smash though... should be put on a 1 downsmash per time you get CC'd. Cheers!

7. Slabby

No. This is the xth post that they've put up talking about how they're going to be more in touch with the community, then they'll completely ignore it and do something else a couple months down the line and post another "so sorry" post.

8. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

9. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

hahahahaahahahha You made my day sweetie xD

bobo1979 likes this.
  10. bobo1979

Lol, it's funny but it's true.
    I want to mention about technical team, may be sometime they work remotely from home:)

Kittyberry likes this.
  11. caballeroscuro

too late por me, ive destroyed my 3 tets and 3 tri, and moving to bless online maybe. Black desert is for slaves, u cant turn off ur computer and u need tons of hours and expend money.
    Enchantment suxs hard, grind easy mobs again and again is bored and u cant with your alts coz you will be destroyed with 1 hit.
    gathering is..... WTF cutting trees for hours is.....WTF!!!!
    I need 2 factions. I need a real enemy not a level 61-62 red karma with 250 ap or more killing people during karanda's boss
    I played this game 3 times and finally this game isnt for me. Ill se you in bless online, lost ark or project tl who knows

Danniel and Kurtferro79 like this.
  12. lifescaption

In case it hasn't been covered, they were not being literal. The 'excuse' was sarcasm, he's 'excused' because he makes changes that aren't reflect of what players want, because he doesn't know how the game feels since he doesn't play. It was more a jab, than a genuine excuse.

13. lifescaption

Likely after May 11th; this is the date of their press event / emissary meeting / NA/EU combat reveal.

14. lifescaption

Might want to take a look at some of the more veteran Ninja / Kuno; such as: Daynim, Layvan, Mayzap, Paiz, etc. The class appears just find, and still has a wealth of combos. However, as commented -- don't expect to infinitely 1 combo, or have high burst without gear.

15. lifescaption

It's actually rather reasonable why Lahn hasn't been released, though since I plan to main it... rather regrettable, it still makes sense.

They planned on having the server migrations, and it was the interruption a lot of people expected it to be. So feeding less impactful ( PVP/Renown aside) events and changes is an easier implementation since they just get pulled with the update anyways. Versus, the alternative, of implementing a class that would then take the effort of adjusting for the coming weeks after its implementation, the event that comes with that class, etc. All things that take effort away from dealing with the PvP changes / migration.

Additionally, lets be real -- Bless Online goes into EA in May. While it may or may not be competition, it is a hyped game and however small a competing company/game. WoW historically releases major patches / content / expansions in step with the release of other games, so it overshadows those releases even more. It's good business practice and how they stay on top. Since Bless will also be on Steam and compete with the fact that BDO is essentially the only worth mention MMORPG on Steam, it's a bit more directly a competitor in that regard. Timing Lahn or Drieghan ( either in full, or pre-content ) with this release would allow them a similar feat. It regenerates traffic in their direction, and creates hype that potentially redirects interest or at the very least provides distraction from their potential new competitor.

Solenya likes this.
  16. lifescaption

See my response prior to this one, it does seem reasonable (though regrettable) she hasn't been added.

17. LunaValentyn

I know but the Korean devs are probably translating things if they read at all and who knows what's getting back to them necessarily and my salt levels are too high :3

18. Amordys

Amordys Witch 62 NA

Lahn has been stated to be ready for NA that it's just up to PA. As far as new content overshadowing others, Lahn isn't going to do that Driegan will make people want to explore, yes because that's actually new content. Few people care for the Lahn and as far as devs are concerned she's balanced, once dropped she wouldn't really be getting changes. They've gone quite a few patches wighwit touching her at all. Lahn is underhyped and underwhelming, everybody I've talked to about me saving **** up for Lahn gives me an exasperated "Why? She sucks.". Lahn isn't going to stop people from going to Bless in the least.

19. Raiya Li

In all honestly I'm probably gonna add Bless to my own game collection when it comes out regardless. What's silly is that if they got Lahn ready to go why are they not moving already its just frustrating trying to hold content back needlessly.

20. Kitala

If you've ever had small children...there are times when they whine and cry literally all the time for something til you just wanna strangle the life out of them.
    But instead of going to jail, you just don't give those crying little sons of ******* what they want. They'll get it when you're good and ready.
    I feel like the forum crawling crybabies best represent those children in my story. And just maybe...maybe you aren't getting the content as fast as you like cuz you all never shut the hell up or ask politely.

Evil Wood and LastWish2 like this.