1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dev notes on 5/15/18 patch cc changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lemon Crush, May 16, 2018.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

■ The distance traveled by the character that received knockdown and knockback has been shortened.
    A phenomenon called so-called "positional shift" is a phenomenon
    that occurs because there is a difference in the position of the character recognized by the server and the client. It is confirmed that the character frequently occurs in a situation where

the
    character instantaneously moves , such as when the "positional shift" is subjected to knockdown or knockback effect,
    and shortening the moving distance of the character makes it possible to perform communication Since
    it was confirmed that the phenomenon that intermittent differences occurred is greatly improved, this specification change was applied.

■ The effect of state abnormality (knockdown, float, bounce, knockback, stiffness, stunning, freezing)
     only triggered only in the first blow of the attack action of the skill was changed so as not to be affected by the avoidance ability value .
    I will duplicate the contents that I also let you guide
    here , but I will
    guide you again below.

Until now
    , I think whether it felt the actual resistance effect low compared with the numerical value written no matter how high the state abnormal resistance effect in the standpoint of the defender side .
    That is because the state abnormal effects repeatedly wish to activate at each batting attack skill.

For example, even if raising the knockdown resistance to the limit of 60%, if
    all the skills of the opponent's five blows hit, the
    resistivity that can be felt even when all failed to avoid failed nearly 7.7%.
    On the other hand, all catch skills are activated only once with one blow
    The written resistance value was applied as it was.

This was sometimes a factor of the disparity with some classes playing catch skills mainly.

According to the current specification, if the attacker succeeds in avoiding,
    all damage amount including state abnormal effect will be invalidated.
    Therefore, before it was difficult to arrange equipments with better hitting ability than before,
    when raising the avoidance ability value extremely, when opposing many enemies, it was able to move freely like a trouble.

In order to alleviate such a phenomenon, we have generated state abnormal effects independently for each batting of skills, and reduced resistance probability.
    By doing so, the attacking side could obtain reliable feedback by the behavior of the attack
    , and positively influenced the improvement of the shock feeling of the game.

However, if rules of avoidance ability values up to now are maintained continuously
    , efficiency is expected to be too good as explained earlier, and the rule was changed.

For attack hits, only the avoidance ability value, the state abnormal effect will be affected only by the resistance value.
    In other words, when you receive an attack, it will be one of the following.
     "Only one of the two types of condition abnormal effects and damage is valid"
     "Both are valid"
     "Both are invalid"

■ Adjustment when one skill has the effect of state abnormality and additional attack
    Adjustment Together with one skill the effect of state anomalies and additional attacks (down smash etc.)
    If you have at the same time, only one effect has changed according to the situation.

For example, if you hit an enemy with the Warrior's Ground Smash standing,
    only the bound effect is applied, and no down smashing will occur.
    To the fallen enemy, only the down smash is activated, and the
    bound effect is not applied so IMMUNE is displayed.

■ Adjustment on movement skills during long-range attack / non-awakening
    2018/5/9 (Wednesday), we have coordinated
    some skill defense judgment (forward guard, super armor, unbeatable) in all classes As a
    result, the short range attack class was hampered by the attack of the long range attack class,
    and it became a difficult situation even if it approached.

To alleviate this situation,
    we partially altered the state abnormal effects of long-range attack skills and the defense judgment of movement skills during non-awakening.
    In addition, we also made some adjustments on skills that are influential in group fighting.

■ Advance notice for future adjustment

· Because the general status of the adventurer rises,
     it is difficult for the summoned animal to play an active part , so we plan to revise the upgrading power of all the summoned animals upwards.

· Currently, skill using the anger of the dark spirit has different lengths of motion and instantaneous damage amount for each class.
     To alleviate the current situation that such difference in damage efficiency affects class balance,
     I am planning to adjust the amount of damage of anger skill of the dark spirit.
     In adjustment, some classes may be reduced in PvP damage amount not a little.

In addition to the adjustment of anger skills of the dark spirit, we also plan to change the rule that anger of the dark spirit gathers.
     Until now
     , anger of the spirit of the darkness was accumulated one by one with a probability of 50% each time the character was attacked, or one each time the one enemy was killed, but
     after the change the anger of the dark spirit Instead of becoming difficult to accumulate,
     we will make an adjustment so that we can use the skill using the anger of the spirit of the darkness as a "one-shot killer".
     Regarding details of the detailed adjustment, we plan to post it in the future.

· Defensive judgment of some skills was deleted due to specification change on May 9th.
     In response to this change, many adventurers gave me opinions that they died too much at PvP.
     Therefore, we plan to decrease PvP damage amount of all classes so that we can enjoy PvP longer in one game.

· We are planning to add "anger absorption (common)" newly.
     Present anger absorption remains intact as a class's intrinsic skill, and the
     newly added anger absorption (common) applies the effect of increasing attack power and attack or casting speed at the time of use.

By skill locking anger absorption of those who do not want to use with the skill window (K key),
     it is possible to select and use anger absorption of those who wish to use.
     In addition, if skill lock setting is not done,
     Newly added anger absorption (common) is scheduled to be used preferentially.

·
     Specification that one skill can not have state abnormality (rigidity, stunning, knockdown, etc.) and defense judgment (forward guard, super armor, invincible) at the same time is
     to enjoy the game as a result of the sustained internal test Judging that it will be a factor that makes it very difficult, I put the implementation on hold.
     After doing more elaborate tests, I will do my best to be able to enjoy more fighting.

We have carried out large-scale balance adjustment from 4/18.
    In the meantime I would like to express my gratitude to all the adventurers who have been waiting.
    After next week, I will focus on each class and plan to prepare a more detailed balance.

From now on I would like to cooperate with you all to make even more fun "black desert".
    I look forward to your continued support for the "Black Desert".

WhySoSeeryus and T800 like this.
  2. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

They back tracked on that I believe. They probably realized that most of the classes wouldn't have combos anymore and would be more like spamming moves at each other.

3. Lemon Crush

Updated the main post

4. Lemon Crush

I guess theres another link in what I pasted that goes to another in depth text about cc changes.... JP does their notes in a very annoying way

5. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

https://blackdesert.pmang.jp/notices/1556

6. T800

#6 T800, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    MoZex likes this.
  7. Smilence

Did Maehwa survive? Dash still has SA?

8. OptimusPrime

Are the jap forum all like "NANI THE ****"

9. ambyentlight

Looks like these changes are great because the skillless saltys have no clue how to git gud with no perma IF/SA.

10. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

So we will be seeing even more class balance changes for months to come.... welp.

11. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

More nerfs to mystic.. great -.-

12. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

who cares about SA? resistance meta is here

13. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

To not quote the big text tell me why is this bad? Just curious i find it ok tbh...

14. Rysingmoon

They did not consider all factors that currently still creates a huge imbalance:

Cool down times. For example, the longest cool downs having the "defense judgement" property (SA) varies from 3 seconds to 21s up to 3 mins. The two longest cool down durations were so far on the class Ranger, the shortest on Mystic and Striker.

Furthermore, the duration of the applied CC effect on classes and characters is not the same. According my observation, a KD for example lasts from 1.5 seconds to 4 seconds depending on class. Again, Mystic is the winner here where the effect lasts the shortest duration.

So, there are classes which can still spam CC, others still have a high up time of SA (these can even be the same class, guess witchz one), while others cannot spam CC and cannot maintain SA.

Edit:

In the new patch it seems, the long cool down for Rangers SA has been fixed: the two SA have been deleted.

#14 Rysingmoon, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Reyer likes this.
  15. woots

this PA is so entilted with their dumb RNG CC that they prefer to decrease pvp damage instead of removing that crap to finaly add a normal way to break / avoid cc = with an active way like BnS do.

Maybe thoses guys need a crowdfunding to buy new brain or something

16. Lemon Crush

Thats not what they are talking about.

They are talking about the fact that they added renown greatly boosting ap at higher gearscores. And that by removing class Super armors and frontal guards people would get blown up too fast due to high ap on renown. So they decreased damage in pvp to counter that so that your high ap is still useful in pve situations.

17. woots

I know what they are talking about, but that still doesnt change what i've said. because with a correct CC ACTIVE cc break, you also avoid tons of damage.
    ( so didnt necessary had to go throught all that dumb CC "balance" ( especialy the 3cc limit thing )

But well, that's PA, seems like their absurdity have no limit.

18. Spartakatz

Seems they need a couple of weeks to figure out what normal pleb casual player sees in 5 minutes.

Even without playing at all, just by theory, you immediately will see a problem with "having no protection left but still CC rain all over the place".

And they seriously need that long to notice that?

Good lord. Seems they will need a couple of years for balancing if that's their speed.

In a couple of weeks they will notice (or not) that "cc on multiple hits" is basically the same as "only 1 cc but from multiple people each". nothing will change in group pvp.

19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Cc breakers in mass pvp are stupid.

20. Lemon Crush

They explained like 3 dev notes ago why they went and changed it. You should probably go back and read.