1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devs clearly care nothing for the game; hystria hackers prove it

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, May 27, 2018.

1. ambyentlight

Again they are probally streamers doing it and as you all should know by now theres no bans for streamers. So there will probally never be a official responce on this due to the fact Kakao did not ban BladeBoques who I beleive was once useing a speed hack in this aswell as his famous 2 workers 1 node hack.

JillValentime and Draconnix like this.
  2. Caldra

We need some major mmo sites to publish another article about how kakao cannot deal with hackers (like at the beginning of the games launch) only when Kakao reputation and pocketbook is at stake will they take action against these cheaters

3. LazyCats

I know it's unfair, forbbidden, etc, etc... but why do you care? I mean if you were the hacker would you want people to chase after you like: "HEY I WORK HARD FOR THIS MONEY SO IM GONNA REPORT YOU"

People always gonna find a way to hack games so why even bother?

4. Reyer

Go and play old Call of Duty or CS 1.6 where whole server is filled with hackers because devs did nothing to stop them. Fun as hell.

5. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Because it is the devs job to prevent hacking/cheating and it is causing a serious issue with the AH.

JillValentime and Caldra like this.
  6. Caldra

Not only is it massively inflating the preorders of hards/sharps/tet jewelry/ pen weapons/ pen armor but these hacks are making their way into node wars and siege. There was video evidence of these hystria hackers posted 2 weeks ago using these hacks in a node war. There was 6 of them in a guild and they were wiping 60 man guilds . Kakao response to this was.... delete the post. The hackers are still in the game.

Draconnix likes this.
  7. ambyentlight

I love how people here are like yes its against the tos but why do you care? I think you exsploit defenders may have something to hide hmm?

JillValentime and Caldra like this.
  8. Mafesio

The same reason why no one wants hackers in any MMO, it ruins the economy. In BDO, you can make pre-orders for gear and accessories. You'll never win a bid of everyone is cheating. It's nothing to put orders in at double thier max price if your making 20 times everyone who isn't cheating. Many will start cheating themselves because of this, which in turn makes the game generally worse for the people that aren't cheating.

PA should be looking out for the majority of the player base who don't cheat and respect other players. It's not about being fair, it ruins the game experience for the majority which is not good for either party. It's not about fair, it's about PA protecting their property and their job to protect the majority of players from the negatives effects hackers have on their game experience.

9. Nyhver

it's also about being fair

people should dislike cheaters because they're cheating the system and not playing under the same fair rules as everyone else

it defeats the purpose of any game

Karma555, JillValentime and Caldra like this.
  10. marcshark

The whole issue is, you can easily find the R3P post on ElitePvpers, like a month or more ago where he released the multi-hack for free. I do not want to sully MY account to use it, but when the devs don't care like it seems they dont. Everyone can just go download it and we can all enjoy our new PVP system in Hack desert online.

11. Dastian

3 listet tet ogre since yesterday, all preordered over 20+bil. People seems to swim in money...

12. Ravare

Report it and keep reporting it.

But all this narrative of "they dont care about the game" and similar interjections into these posts are where the community starts to divide into sides either defending or accusing the Devs.

In order for us honestly to create and environment at least for the community to see eye to eye on certain subjects, honestly I suggest leaving these types of accusations out of your bug reporting or hack discussions.

Lets try and stick to the facts that we know, these forums have enough speculation going around already, no need for the extra levels of "angst".

Just a suggestion

13. Solsi

There's a second worst part about that though. If people eventually and magically end up perma banned on their main accounts(not on alt ones), all the items they pre-ordered for cheat money are gone for good.

That's tons of the shards, mem frags, TRI+TET accessories, upgraded boss gear etc, that could have gone to legit players. If a banwave hits it's gone forever, collecting dust on banned accounts.

Seems Aakman&Hystria is really crowded these days though. Guess they didn't need to nerf those spots or add group looting to make them viable, just had to wait for a website to release a free for all multi-hack :|

14. FunkD

This one went too far. It makes fishboting look like nothing in comparison, the way it has wrecked the economy and progression integrity. The damage done, what can you do to fix it other than wipe the whole damn server of everything?

JillValentime likes this.
  15. NVG

NVG

I am sure that if we pay a website to do that instead of paying pearls to Kakao, this would happen. So who's in?

Karma555 likes this.
  16. Mirtastic

Would be nice to hear something from the GMs on this matter but I guess all available resources have been redirected to run the screenshot fest that is the BDO twitter.

17. Ogi

Ogi

I'm sure something will be done about this soon enough, however it would be much better to have some communication from PA or Kakao. Remember all the talk about more communication, this would be a good time for it....

18. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

I reported the fishing bot, with a copy of it in June of 2017. They replied and asked for more information, so I included his full business and personal address as well. The chap doesn't even hide himself, on his FB he lists himself as the owner of the FishBot and he is located within the EU. It has nearly been a year and they haven't taken a single step towards somehow bringing the bot down when it is VERY simple for them to limit his business.

In June of 2016 they filed a lawsuit against a bot creator, this proves they are capable of shutting him down. Truth is, there is NO financial gain for Kakao to ban anyone but the most heinous bot users. They need only pretend like they're doing something to keep the community happy. Fish botters buy inventory slots to maximise the silver they earn, so they earn money for Kakao.

These are the facts. haven't even bothered to look at speed hacker,s but I assume it's a similar situation.

Scixer and Sibyyl like this.
  19. Atron

Ah comon dont be all dooms-day here.

Patch client - move everything related to fishing server side.
    Make auto detection for speed values server side and on auto flag.

Then and only then ban all cheater for past 5 months.

20. LightningFFXIII-4

Actions Taken Against In-Game RMT & Other Illicit Activities (May 31)
    Real money trading (RMT) and other illicit activities upset the balance of the game and, as such, are prohibited under the Terms of Service.

Because we have confirmed the existence of players who are engaging in these illicit activities, we have taken the actions listed below.

Time Period: May 24, 2018 to May 30, 2018

・Participation in RMT/prohibited activities
     ・Accounts terminated: 2,300
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 0
    ・Botting activity (Using any number of third party tools that allow for automation)
     ・Accounts terminated: 21
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 18
    ・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 377

Players who discover any confirmed cheats should, under no circumstances, exploit or disseminate such information. Instead, we ask that players file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].

In addition, any witnessed RMT advertisement can be reported by right clicking the character name in the chat log and selecting the menu [Report] -> [Report RMT Activity].
    The report will be processed automatically, and if determined to fall under RMT advertising, the reported character's comments will be restricted.

We will continue to take stringent disciplinary action against any accounts with confirmed involvement in RMT/illicit activity; players should take care to steer clear of any activity that violates the Terms of Service.

------------------------------------------

Every single week FFXIV bans ppl left and right. And they do it by the thousands. If they can do it, i'm sure BDO can do it too, if they wanted.