1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the patch break guard animation?

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by RobidyBobidy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. RobidyBobidy

Before today's patch, when I hit Q, I could.... well.... keep moving forward.

However, now when I hit guard, it freezes me in place UNLESS I immediately press A or D to sidestep.

I realize the dmg nerf to divine power is probably a more hot topic atm, but I'm just curious if this was accidental or did the devs say to themselves "Hey, we f&*(@!@ up the awakening valk animations pretty well, but let's focus on F&$*(@& up the succession animations, now." ?

Muhaha likes this.
  2. Netreiam

"Fixed the issue where the character's movement would be unnatural when holding in Shift + Q + W after using Shield Chase."

Thats why

spam tickets about the cancel being broken, example format:
    Before the patch Valkyrie could cancel the Q animation by pressing W, causing the valkyrie to instantly block and move forward. The recent patch had this line included: "Fixed the issue where the character's movement would be unnatural when holding in Shift + Q + W after using Shield Chase." and seems to have caused the Q + W cancel to be removed. Please fix this issue.

Galatia and Muhaha like this.
  3. Mjollnir

After all these screws up I'm seriously expecing on Next Week patchnote this line: "fixed the issue where pressing space in pre-awakening form was causing a switch to awakening,mode"

Really when I think PA can't do any worse, they surprise me, establishing a new low score...

4. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

This is a pretty annoying bug imo, I reported it as well.

(Before anyone asks, yes, I do use ESDF instead of WASD, Prime: Cel Spear, Rebam Heal, and Offin. Fvck the meta, I refuse to feed into it.)

Fateneko and Netreiam like this.
  5. x_samfisher_x

This class just can't catch a break.....

Muhaha likes this.
  6. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

gotta make guardian more atractive to the target group somehow. just gotta keep it bugged until 1 month after reroll coupons are out. then nerf her to hell and force you to go back to this garbage class that is nothing more than a healbot.

Muhaha likes this.
  7. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

8. Netreiam

We did it bois! Now if only they could fix the bug where they removed LSA without any compensation...

Fateneko, Muhaha and Legacina like this.
  9. Mjollnir

Wait till we see it live my friend.... They've a long record of well written things, which didn't actually made any sense when seen live...

LSA was nice, still I would gladly prefer a 20% speed increase in our animations, and a 30% move speed increase (well this to take us on par with others, since they have the very same defence from their knot/dagger/whatever, being slower because of the shield makes no sense).

Muhaha likes this.
  10. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Valk is decently fast. Its her lack of protection and disengage that makes her awfull
    Also way to high cds on sa skills.
    Thats the reason why lsa made her even viable before cause war and valks protection were dogshit besides block
    And funny enough her block isnt even remotely as strong as guardians.
    I understand shes slow, but she has more tools to not have to rely on block 24/7 while valk does

Muhaha likes this.
  11. Netreiam

Yep, being faster wouldn't help without a kit that supports that speed.

Is there testing for guardian shield vs valk?

12. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

gonna try and test it today. but it felt so much better. might also be cause of all the iframes...

13. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

So... my Lvl 61 Guardian 4890hp Villa Cron. 339 DP.
    consistently 70-75 Block left after A Shift Q from a 276AP guardian.

on my Valk lvl 63 4580 hp Villa Cron 339DP aswell.. (13 levels less Health and she already has 300 more hp than valk without any passives what a joke).
    Consistently 60-65 Block left. even went below 60.

i mean HP makes your Block stronger so i guess the blocks are on par technically. but since you cannot get more hp than Guardian as a valk hers is technically stronger.

not to mention Guardian doesnt even have the 25 DP from Heavens Echo.

the stick is stronger than the shield. couple good iframes one big one while valk has nothing like that. and then her trademark isnt even better than guardians. what a joke
    gonna be curious what they gonna cough in our face when they do the same to us as they did to warrior this patch. i bet just some raw dmg numbers aswell which isnt what we need

14. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I really hope they do not ****ing touch the PvP damage of the other skills. Like 90+% of valks playing awakening in pvp to begin with. Even before divine power nerf. I really like lots of the qol changes on succession. Like shieldthrow cooldown that does not keep resetting anymore. Shining dash being a useable skill, etc. If they nerf the PvP damage that is just the end of it.

Fateneko likes this.
  15. Kinnaj7

elaborate pls

16. Netreiam

Seconded, how does that work? Also @Legacina that was valk awak shield vs guardian shield (I assume both shield and stick have same values)?

The 2 things that piss me off the most if everything is as I think it is:

1. Why is our preawak shield still weak af and guardian gets both forms with the 3x buff?

2. Why do our passives give HP when other classes have higher baselines anyway?

Valk buffs have been needed for a while but this is insulting.

17. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

well its simple. more HP = more block meter. just like DR and i think even evasion does.

yes it was Valk awa shield vs Guardian Stick.
    and honestly. in NW's it feels like guardian block is so much stronger. so many times i can tank for ages. waiting 5-6 seconds in block til my S+F is up again.
    wouldnt suprise me if they actually did what got mentioned (on warrior discord i believe). that, the more people are vs you. the stronger your shield gets. but might be just me being crazy. also iframes...

1) I dont ****ing know. why is our shield so **** in general. i would already be happy if we had a disengage like guardian on F for example its kinda the equivalent of S+F . i dont care if its SA. as long as i can yeet out of a fight at least 20 meters without getting cc'd in FG while trying to dash backwars.

2) als dunno % Hp passive would be so much better. and would make getting 63 actually worth it.
    if every point would give like 0.5 and some 1% and the 63 like 2-3% we would be at least on par with other classes.
    like 15% HP increase. on 4k Base would be double to what we have now. if you go HP accessoirs and gems and whatnot it even increases the value of that stuff

18. Kinnaj7

Thats how it works in succession. You start with 5DP and it goes up to 50DP , its based on amounts of hits received. If you drop Q, buff lasts 5 seconds and dissapears. Problem is that warrior block is weaker, you cant tank so many hits to gain 50DP because it breaks before. I usually get like 20-30DP then it breaks (351DP).

So you are 100% sure that with 4k hp, blocking 1 hit = 20% of my block stamina (80% left).
    With 5k hp, blocking same hit = 10% (90%) of my stamina ?

Just random numbers, i have no idea how that works.

19. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Yea sounds about right. Ofc we dont know the exact calculations but yea.
    Just test it out for yourself with some cheap armor put 2 cobelinus on it thats 200 hp
    Test with and without.

Always felt weird that my block got stronger after recieving some hp. For example when we got hooms thats 420 hp. It was noticeable
    Just the dr wouldnt make that difference

Tell me if im wrong but its what we tested so far.
    And if valk and guardian block is about the same strength.
    Then 10% block meter i had less on valk could be cause of the 300 hp she has less

20. Netreiam

Have you checked out the suggestions threads for valk I have floating around? I would like some good criticism from someone with extensive knowledge on sieges and higher lvl pvp in general.