1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Difference in droprates for awakened and "regular" scrolls

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Answersofold, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Answersofold

I have gotten the gist that awakened scrolls are better in terms of more loot but what is the difference in droprate or is it that some items only drop during awakened? since it takes 5 scrolls for the aw daily bosses it would help to know if it is 5 times the chance or more/less and what loot potentially is exclusive.
    If that is not the case what is the advantage of doing the awakened scroll over the regular one?

Thanks for replies in advance

2. Isteria

I don't think that anyone can tell you with certainty how much bigger the chance is. The loot is the same just for 1 awakened scrolls you get 5x times the unawakened loot or close to it. For me the advantages in favour of the awakened scrolls are as follows:

1. You can collect them and only combine them when you feel like doing them. There is no timer.
    2. You have a chance to drop a piece from the boss itself and from the bundle. I have never seen anyone drop a boss piece from non-awakened boss directly only from non-awakened bundle.
    3. It saves time, you summon 1 boss instead of 5.

The disadvantage:
    1. It requires a good group otherwise it can be a pain killing them. You cant really solo these unless you have very good gear and a proper class.

#2 Isteria, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  3. Zalryth

Non awakened scroll bosses have a chance to drop boss gear as regular loot. Witnessed a guild member get Bheg's gloves that way. I myself have gotten a liverto from a non awaken Dim tree scroll. But the chances are extremely low.

Of course this was last year. So who knows if it's been changed.

4. GM Dranzerkai

Game Master

Hey There!

Sadly, we don't have any percentage chance information about drop rates from any enemy in the game, let alone bosses! The entire player base has the same chance as anyone else, including the staff here! Keep up the grind, the satisfaction at the end is worth it when you get your drop :)

5. Agnologia

no, it is not.

Distaken and Pips like this.
  6. Zerixar

In googling this exact topic I've found a couple of places where people have stated boss armor does not drop from looting the boss when doing daily scrolls, but can be found in the packages you get from the black spirit afterward. however these were 2016 posts prior to the existence of awakening scrolls and i haven't found anything on if that's true or not for awakening.

@Zalryth: was the drop you mentioned from the boss itself or from the package?

additionally, if this is true, the question would be if the awakening packages drop chance is any better than the non-awakening. they give more hunter seals than the non-awakened, so the package item itself in the code must be different even though it's the same name, but who knows about the percentages. Personally i do the awakened just because it saves time.

7. Zalryth

@Zerixar The drops were from the bosses themselves. IE our pets picked up the loot.

As for the awakened versions. I would imagine the percentage to get boss loot would be better than the non awakened scrolls. We just don't know how much of an increase it is. Could be 10% or it could be 01%.

8. YajStylez

If I was betting my money on, I'd say instead of the awakened scrolls, do daily scrolls instead for best loot chance on boss item. My first bhegs was regular loot from daily scrolls; waaay back then. Then 2nd boss I've seen also dropped as regular loot came from awakened scrolls but the amount took far more scrolls compared to regular dailies (probably, literally 1:1 ratio, which is 5 times more scrolls, since I've stopped doing dailies scrolls since awakened ones came out.)

So basically, my theory/guess is that it seems the loot chance for boss item to drop as a regular loot from both awakened and regular dailies is probably the same. Even rewards from awakened all this time have never gave me my RNG (no boss item).

9. See

See

I only do non- awakend Bossscrolls (the daily ones).

Like about 2 Weeks ago i got a bhegs glove dropped out of those red things you get from the bs. (i opend like 45 at that Day and got it after 20 or so)
    In March i was in a Party, where a Rednose dropped a Armor (into Grouploot), he wasnt awakend too!

10. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Then how do you know it is increased?

Findubar likes this.
  11. MajorHeadache

GM XYZ: We know nothing... we can't help you... BUT, keep up that grind and spending more $$ to pay our bills, it will pay out eventually!

That equates to, if we told you how slim the chances really were, you might move on. (Especially with all the constant nerfs and re-vamps to the Bosses nowadays OMG)

If, for instance, the Dim Tree Armor has a .6 % chance to drop per kill IF you are in the top 20 damage list... is there ANY data whatsoever for the Awakened Tree scroll that takes 3 weeks to collect?

I'm guessing that even the dev's that coded all the RNG algorithm's have no idea what they but in place either?

Distaken and lRNGesusl like this.
  12. Andaro

Ambassador

The overall chance rate is higher on awakened but you have less chances....

To explain, regular scrolls you get once per day, awakened you get once every 5 days.

These scrolls have a 7 day expiration.

That means every week (7 days) you have 7 chances to drop, or 1 chance to drop, depending on which one you went for.

Even if the rate is lower, I would rather do the regular scrolls and increase my chances.

Also , you can.do these on Arsha Channel now and have an even better chance of dropping loot, so seven chances a week is definitely better than one.

Imo

Also this topic almost a year old.....better off to start a new topic that raising the dead.

13. Stabby

Valencia was nerfed. End of story. Enchancing was nerfed. End of story. PvP was nerfed. End of story. PvE is next to nonexistant due to reward versus effort. End of story. Cause and effect will soon become apparent.

14. Isteria

posts like this one should be removed from the newbie section. keep your salt for general or if you are only here to spread salt you might as well quit.

15. Patricknn

what???????????????

16. GM Unknown

Game Master

Hi there! Please know that BDO is evolving and changing all the time, and the developers are in the process of balancing certain aspects of the game, so the feedback you are providing is very valuable to us as we forward this on as well. In the meantime, please keep an eye on the patch notes for future updates!

Take care!