1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable ramming damage

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wollbert, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

if its really bugged yes, they should always fix their bugs, if the cannons just do lower damage so you can just see how not in place ramming is.

2. Rayin

Then either make it cost a lot of hp like 20% or 1% injury, but keep the ram.

3. asdsadfas

if u really think making cannon the main source of damage won't make sea monster hunting completely obsolete then you've clearly never done sea monsters, and unqualified to speak of the topic at all lol

iller likes this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

so basically, unless u can ram them via methods that werent intended.... u wont make insane amounts of money? sounds good to me.

5. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

No, buff ramming damage.

6. Nibblesdragon

You know, it is possible for game developers to make the cannonballs travel faster, and/or improve the UI to use cannons. Right now they're burdensome and they suck.

7. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Actually if cars would have ram they would take way less dmg, but that would kill anyone in their way.

8. Spartakatz

Nah, bad idea. Ramming should stay and the possibility to hunt some monsters solo.

What's the problem? Right, the silver. So what's the obvious solution? Right, just reduce the damn silver for those items. Has to be adjusted to the current glitching methods, until they find a way to implement proper steering etc.

9. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

I know right, but still it does visualize what i mean. You can not disable ramming damage thats just stupid request of people that did not think through.

Since there will be sniping in game soon, that will not be much of a problem, as it will be another high money gain methode.

Also to keep in mind, its the devs intention that people get more and more money from activities. Just think about the guild accessior items that you can buy or the Guild Bell. How are guilds supposed to give that stuff out to their members if those guilds only income would be guild quests.

10. WhySoSeeryus

by, you know, lots of members getting good gear, then winning nodewars. :D

11. AlwaysSaltyAF

They should buff ram damage tbh.

12. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

And? Other guilds do nodewars and only throw money out of the window because they are loosing their nodewars. They don't have much gain in money if there wasn't some other way to make money for the guild as well.
    Sea Monster hunting is a win win situation for the guild and the members in the guild, everyone gets something out of it even those that don't do that much and only getting a T1 payout. That money will still go up.
    In my guild which is a Nodewar guild, or rather was because i consider my guildmates to be not strong enough for Nodewars yet, i slowly got more people into Sea monster hunting and last payout for those who reached the requirements for T10 got 257 million out of it.
    But other than that we are loosing one nodewar after another so that the better geared players either leave the guild or, like me, think that "nodewar, nah i got better ways to waste my time" and with sea monster hunting myself alone brought in 1 billion silver in 5 days which was the same amount of money a T1 Node get us before the nodewar patches.

So Sea Monster hunting, if more people in a guild do it, is equal to winning a Node every week, so those guilds are able to payout their members for their effort.

Sorry if your opinion is different and your only idea of proper money income evolves around grinding "to be fair" and lifeskilling "to be fair" where you would also have to dedicate hours into to make good gains in money. People that can't do that but are in a guild that does sea monster hunting will spend some of their time out on the ocean and make gains at the end of the week.

13. Nibblesdragon

JFC, we get it, everyone gets it, you say edgy craaaaaazy things. Damn I can hardly stand all the edge.

14. 6footgeeks

I Dig the IDEA

But Canons are major ****ing LAME ass **** to use in regular cases

against a moving target they are literal AIDS

If anything, they need to improve canon mechanics first. Have a visual indicator atleast of where the shots are going to land, if not make the entire thing mouse pointer /tab target

THEN they can disable ramming damage and make it stun for XX amount of seconds

Draconnix likes this.
  15. Ashnachiel

Ashnachiel Warrior 62 EU

The method in which players use to kill the monsters doesn't matter, it's the amount of silver they make that needs a HUGE tone down.

Anyone that claims it's "hard work" or compares it to Siege Guilds sitting in castles is either lying through their teeth because they really want their easy silver, or has absolutely no idea how much this retarded method of earning over-shadows anything else in the game.

Siege guilds were sitting in castles for months and I don't seem to recall t9 prices reaching over 5m a pop back then, but Sea Monster Hunting is fine right ;)

16. Kharognar

Most of these payouts are Edited / Photoshopped targeting for witch hunting . Inflation started due to the AFK events weeks before Monster hunting became a Fashion . And in order to reach the 3.8 Billion Payout in a guild with 54 members ( which only 2 members got ) Those guys needed to wait 2 weeks while doing monster hunting for 15 + h / day . And yes , i aint doing sea monster hunting and i make more than those 3.8 Billion by no lifing at grinding spots 12 h / day . No clue what the actual fck is wrong with people . Just because you are freaking bored and you waiting for freebies doesnt mean that Content should be removed out of people that no life it ...Grinding 2 weeks for 15 h / day at Gyfin with an Avg gain of 25 million / h ( NOT EVEN MENTIONING BELT INCOME ) is 5.2 Billion / 2 weeks . Now Back to your cave and start grinding .
    And yes , i tried both methods . Sea monster hunting is literally boring af , Requires days to make the ship ( which is easy to make actually ) and then 5 days for each blue part recipe + Painful grinding of Hekaru Spikes , Chidium shells , Ocean Stalker skins and Nineshark Fins for crafting them by using Green gear that might cost you 200 million to get at +5 . Not mentioning enhancing them could literally eat away from you several hundred of millions since if you fail above +5 it degrades and it needs to be recovered with mems ...Before you start bsing around , i am making my money solely by grinding and my guild's payout which is a Conquest guild . I am just stating dem facts .

Draconnix likes this.
  17. Ashnachiel

Ashnachiel Warrior 62 EU

Firstly, how many times have you copy and pasted that response?

- Inflation wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now, at VERY most people had a spare 2b silver over 3 weeks of Octobois and that's ACTIVELY FISHING THEM ALL DAY.
    - People are getting a lot more than 3.8b, they're just not as dumb as Bairog to stream it
    - You're grinding 15 hours a day and making less than people who ram Sea Monsters for 4 hours, you've literally just proven my point so congratulations
    - Telling me you've spent 500m or whatever random maths that is for boat gear, but you're most likely softcap to be grinding 1.8k-2k trash p/h at Gyfin, along with being 61 which is VASTLY more time and silver spent than somebody who gets a char to 49, gets a boat and hits stuff.

"I am just stating dem facts"

Wollbert likes this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

so, you get it back in less than a week. seems balanced and fair. not.

now do the math for grinding endgame spots. and compare the investment, time and roi.

19. Ashnachiel

Ashnachiel Warrior 62 EU

I can give you a rough idea of Aakman, I'm at 256 hours spent there so far.

Averages per hour without loot scrolls
    Average trash: 2.8k
    Average scroll drops: 7 (lowest at 1, highest at 19)
    Average crystals: 1 (lowest at 0, highest at 6)
    Average red shards: 0 (lowest 0, highest 3 - ONCE)
    Average black shards: 0 (Never had one in 260 hours, but I do a high trash room which has less of the one mob that drops black shards)
    Average hours to get a tungrad earring: 60 hours

My average income at Aakman as a 239 Kutum, 61 Warrior is 39.75m per hour.
    The highest I've ever made, not including Tungrad Earrings is 49.6m

I've had 4 or 5 (not sure, didn't really count them) earrings in those 260 hours, if I pop a loot scroll it's vastly higher trash/scrolls/crystals on average, ranging in 60m/hr sometimes more.

I watched someone loot 7 of those 100m guild items in an hour on Arsha last week :)

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  20. AlwaysSaltyAF

No downside to buffing it. The sea monsters have 30 min respawns. If they die in 20 secs cuz they buff ramming it just means ppl will need to be smarter how they go about finding them and/or explore different regions in Margoria sea.