1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discontinuation of Certain Pearl Items

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Kabz, Dec 30, 2019.

1. CM Kabz

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

We plan to discontinue the sale of the following Pearl items and sell them as a single item.

The Pearl items scheduled to be discontinued for sale are as follows.

[​IMG]
    • Sale Discontinuation Date: January 8, 2020 (Wed) after maintenance.
    • The discontinued items can still be used after the discontinuation date.
    • Please note after January 8, there will be a single item offered on the in-game Pearl Shop page that combines the items scheduled for discontinuation. The details of the new item will be as below.
    [​IMG]

We thank you for your understanding.

The BDO Team

#1 CM Kabz, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

So changing between succession and awakening is tied to a 1250 pearl item now? Great, i'm sure everyone wanted that

Dalenos, Ashenvall, Ruffe and 25 others like this.
  3. Rhaeveth

Buying every villa buff without the invitation for almost 20$?Since you cant get 250 pearls with a 10$ purchase,what even in the hell?Do we realy want to make the game to be hella p2w?At this point just make crons to be 100m per piece,make outfits to be 50$ instead of 40$ and just make everything to be hella dumb like before!Thats what we like !!!

4. Redarion

Would be nice if you reduce price of value pack by half or more.

5. Remyra

no mentioning that artisans memory get buffed again next week? ( 4 > x5) :)

6. Tiffyshade

So additional to a value pack you need to spend 25 every month.
    Instead of making it a bit less p2w or add this to value pack you try to milk even more.
    I regret a bit that I bought the value packs on sale.

Dalenos, Ruffe, Lust_Claymore and 3 others like this.
  7. Darthkiweh

Seriously dumbfound how ppl always manage to cry about anything they do. This merged with additional bonuses book will be at same price that we currently have per combat/life book and u still complain.. hoooly...

Rilok, Entharias, The_Grimace and 8 others like this.
  8. 26Steven

..I would very much appreciate it if an option was introduced that would allow me to convert items like Kamasilve or Kampf Buch into 1 day books. I have over 100 days of Kamasilve and combat book divided into 30, 20, 15 and 7 day books. It would be a shame to activate a 20 or 30 day Kamasilve book if I ended up using only 50 hours of it ....

Rilok, VurkWogs and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

Good change, now we only need Value Pack and this and Kamablessing to have everything, no more books, clifs, class addons.

1250 pearls for all effects combined is pretty good

what you mean "YOU have to spend"?

Right now with your logic you have to spend 3000 Pearls every month for the exp book, lifeskill book, cliffs and class addon.. In the future you pay only 36% of it.

So basically Book of Combat is the same as before 1250 pearls AND has also included:
    • lifeskill book
    • class
    • cliffs
    • wharf slots
    • stable slots.

And for everyone who is crying "i only want to reskil"... dont act like you bough the pearl item in the past for it. no u didnt. You just did awakening quest on any char and get 1 day Full Skill Reset for your complete acccount/family. - For Free ( 0,000 pearls )

Ackure, PeaceInChaos and seanas like this.
  10. Andaro

Ambassador

Because most only see "new item to sell" and then start "rabble rabble" without picking up a calculator.
    Actually, the new Old Moon Scroll is much cheaper at a majorly better value.

Here's a little math
    > Combat +100% - 50pearls per 1 hour via current scroll, approx 18,000 pearls for 15days
    > Skill Exp+50% - 50pearls per 1 hour scroll, appr. 18k pearls for 15days
    > Life 50% - 50pearsl per 1 hour scroll, appr. 18k pearls for 15 days
    > Cliffs Addon - 30days for 700p, so 350p for 15days
    > Armstrongs 30day 1400p - or 700p for 15 days

Total cost buying each individually = 55,050 pearls or roughly 478$ for 15 days of the whole lot
    Old Moon Scroll, 1250pearls for 15days of the above, roughly 97.73% discount for the bundle.

Now the math on the Combat & Life is a bit off, because value is going to be seen in the 50p 1hr coupons, since we can not naturally buy the Sealed Books directly, but only through promotional packaging. Each of those Sealed books however, typically have an anchor value approximately the same as a Kama Blessing, around 1200p each. Math adjustments to use value of the Sealed Books instead would be (roughly) 3(1250)+(350+700)= 4800pearls for 15days, or 73.96% savings if buying Old Moon Scroll.

In either formula the player is saving between 73 ~ 97% via the old moon scroll, rather than each component individually.

In most other games, you would see the same thing, except rolled up into a single "VIP Sub" for roughly the same price, and typically less benefits. In this case, combining the Value Pack + Old Moon Scroll, you're looking at roughly 40$ a month for "Full VIP" boosts. (I don't really count the Kama Blessing into that anymore due to Lootscrolls, Advanced Lootscrolls, and Knowledge Loot Boost)

#10 Andaro, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Ackure, Rilok, Infurni and 4 others like this.
  11. Flamingfred

The worst part of the this change is that it comes right as successions are being released. So if you want to be able to freely swap between succession and awakening regularly then you can no longer buy just a 1 day armstrongs. You instead have to spend 1250 pearls to get this whole buff where you only want 1 part of it. Plus the fact that it costs 1250 pearls instead of 1000 pearls so you cant just spend $10 you instead have to buy a $20. This is the sneaky anti consumer stuff that annoys people and if it isnt intentional then maybe they should actually ask their player base before rolling changes like this.

#11 Flamingfred, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Dalenos, Ruffe, Lust_Claymore and 6 others like this.
  12. Kingas

Wow, that's very great news, I am using different books every day, now I will need to use only 1. Thank you!

PeaceInChaos and T800 like this.
  13. Andaro

Ambassador

To be fair, they did not mention whether or not these would be removed from the Loyalty Shop, only that they would no longer be for sale in the Pearl Shop. Thusly, at the current time of announcement, unless further announced, you can still buy them via Loyalty. Skill Add-ons you can still change for free via in-game memory scrolls which you can obtain from Relic, Cartian, & Pila Fe Scrolls, or purchase from the market.

14. Flamingfred

I didnt mention skill addons as i dont have an issue with them as weirdly enough i know how to get memory fragments. My problem lies with having to buy a 15 day buff for 1250 pearls when i only wanted a 1 day buff for 500 pearls or a 30 day buff for 1400 pearls. I shouldnt be forced to spend my loyalty on them either as i have other things i want to buy with loyalty like storage slots and character slots. Putting all this down to "being like a VIP Sub" is stupid as the value pack already functions like a sub and i do really need to be "paying a sub" on a game i already bought and also has countless other P2W mechanics?

Vasive likes this.
  15. Andaro

Ambassador

If you were buying slots and character slots for loyalty, and cliffs for pearls, just swap that around...you actually come out much cheaper >.>

Rilok and The_Grimace like this.
  16. Flamingfred

Cliffs have nothing to do with this. Armstrongs are the issue. Not skill add ons or memory fragments or cliffs. Armstrongs. I'm not gonna repeat myself so please refer to my post above for how stupid this change.

Ruffe and Vasive like this.
  17. T800

[​IMG]

Also the Villa scroll buff - there were so many times where i simply forgot to transfer my Villa Invitation to a leveling alt.

Less micromanagement always welcome.

Darthkiweh and Andaro like this.
  18. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

or just get skillpoints then you dont have to unskill if u change your mind ...

And for the succession, they where not designed for switching it like underwear. they are designed as Sub Classes. You select one, you stick to one. If u want to swap it you have to pay. Like in every single other game out.

19. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

Can get 1 free Armstrong from lvling to 56 and do awk quest

Arch2k and Fateneko like this.
  20. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

the real question is will this be sellable on marketplace or do i have to snipe some books now for later use?