1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discontinuation of Certain Pearl Items

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Kabz, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Flamingfred

Then when you run out?

It doesn't matter how they intend for players to use what matters is how players are going to use it. Some people will want to swap very frequently as successions can be better in NWs but your awakening is better grinding/1v1s.

If they really wanted to be helpful to the players they would put all the xp buffs together (100% combat, 50% skill, 50% life) and then put armstrong on the value pack.

2. ghoulz666

How does this effect the loyalty shop? Do the ones we currently have on us remain?

This also implies that we won't be awarded these as rewards/gifts. Further pressuring people to the cash shop.

DafuqYouLookinAt and Fateneko like this.
  3. Rhaeveth

imagine defending the game when they want to make more p2w out of items that should be either free,cheap but in loyalty or buyable for silver without it being a pearl item,armstrong should be like a town thingy,be able to change in the town without restrictions etc,this shouldnt be a p2w item with the freaking villa invitation its just awful

Seitsuke, onaco and Flamingfred like this.
  4. Hemuk

[​IMG] New Year's Vision is a new Pearl product that brings together key features that help adventurers focus on their convenience.
    Previously, many items had to be purchased separately, such as Sealed Combat Book of Life, Book of Life, and Armstrong's Skill Manual, but now you can apply even more effects at once for the same price.
    Beginning with experience buffs to help you grow, you can freely change your skills and specializations while they remain in effect, and get an outing buff at the camp without having to use the bond.
    In addition, all local stalls and marina slots are expanded.
    Experience gains from New Year's Scrolls stack with other effects, such as Battle Books that you have already purchased.

Q. Can I combine other XP gains and New Year's Scrolls?
    A. New Moon Scrolls stack with EXP gains such as Book of Battles and Book of Life.

Q What happens when used with effects that apply over a period of time, such as Armstrong's Technical Manual?
    A Can be used together, but with Armstrong's Skill Textbook effect, at the same time as the New Moon Scroll.
    Therefore, it is recommended to use it after the end of the New Year's Scroll.

Q. Can I use my New Year's vision and Value Package together?
    A. Can be used together and all experience gains will be applied.

Korea got that developer's note, can you confirm/deny this? Book of life stacking with this new thing's kinnda important for some of us, if that's the case we may want to stock up.

#24 Hemuk, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Equalness likes this.
  5. Asterotis

Add it onto a value pack and we're good. Gives more incentive to get one.

Blitzball likes this.
  6. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Then just level an alt of your main class to level 60 and swap your gear. Sure, takes a bit of time to get enough skill points but otherwise level 60 is very easy to reach nowadays. Only issue is that costumes are character bound.

7. T800

In Korea they are removing Loyalty shop on January 29th ( Was supposed to be today, but got extended by a month).
    And all loyalty points you didn't used will be destroyed.

They promised to add a different Loyalty system, but no info has been shared yet, i think.

I usually save 12 000 Loyalty to extend inventory weight by 200 LT, rest some extra Inventory slots, for new Characters.

This time for Guardian:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. ghoulz666

I hope you're joking. Clearly they are mad that not enough people are coughing up cash for value packs.........

Fateneko and DafuqYouLookinAt like this.
  9. Flamingfred

I cant level an alt as i have already filled every chara slot with one of each class. You shouldnt have to jump through hoops to play the class how you want to play it. Its just people making excuses for poor decisions by the devs.

#29 Flamingfred, Dec 31, 2019
    Azaleh likes this.
  10. BinaryData

Hey Pearl Abyss.... Your Pay2Win is getting a bit out of hand. Might want to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Last thing you want to do is lose players because you got greedy.

11. chaosmeow

If this was 30 days to match vp I'd be more excited about it, but not really into spending $25 extra a month for this.

Fateneko likes this.
  12. MeltryIlis

I don't get the whole ruckus regarding this cash shop item. They are combining a bunch of items into one for around the same price that lasts for 15 days. For once, I don't mind this item on the pearl shop. The only time I hated their antics was during the cron stone escapade with melting costumes. IMO that is what hurt the game and made it a LOT easier to get geared up.

What they really needed to do was lower the pearl cost to 625 pearls for 15 days for the item and 1,250 for 30 days.

#32 MeltryIlis, Dec 31, 2019
    sthammack57 likes this.
  13. Ashaara

Hahaha i love this change so much THANK YOU for this! Finally a reason to burn all this money!

[​IMG]

14. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

Could you please provide me with a source where it says they especially designed succession for people to stick to it.

So THIS is your solution? LMAO.

They artifically creating more and more issues so you have to either pay or grind more to overcome these issues that didnt existed before.

#34 Lady Arisha, Dec 31, 2019
  15. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Sadly this change points very closely to the direction that they in fact designed successions with rerolling back and forth in mind.
    I would be one of those people who tries to defend PA in that regard but not when they introduce another subscription to the game like this.
    Granted its not a bad one. But its still another 25/month sub.

It would feel less bad if they changed all existing books and stuff to that new item. It would certainly help people like me who have like 2k of those books randomly lieing arround everywhere. Also those people could get a free sub for the first weeks. Not too bad. Certainly is gonna calm down a few people.

16. Leyren

So, they combine multiple items into one for the price of a single one, yet people flame. Hmmm.

So p2w, reducing the price of things... Sure, imo still too much, but it's better than before. Perhaps some math before complaining would be fitting.

#36 Leyren, Dec 31, 2019
    WaifuJanna likes this.
  17. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Yes, it is and I don't see what is wrong with that. My main is a level 62 sorc that will keep here awakening and my second level 60 sorc will get succession. Leveling her further doesn't make much sense anyways, the additional stats you get from level 61 and 62 are ridiculous anyways, only skillpoints matter. Will be a bit of work to farm all the skill points I need for her but in the worst case I just let her afk level on puppets.
    To be honest, I see very little incentive to buy this new item anyways.

#37 Serendipity, Dec 31, 2019
  18. DafuqYouLookinAt

No, I am not understanding. Another subscription item, am I following this correctly?

You know, the issue here is...
    1. What if we don't want to spend the 1,250+ pearls for all that extra stuff in a pack? Also, 15 Days?
    2. What if only concerned about the Armstrong's and Skill Add-On's only? Screw making an alt every time. Assuming loyalty items are going to be affected now too?
    3. What if we don't want to spend pearls at all but feel even more pressured now to open wallet? I've got self control but not everyone does and that right there... <--- that right there. Following this, can this be posted onto the marketplace?

19. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 63 EU

What about [Loyalties] Armstrong's Skill Guide (1 Day)? I hope it will remain, I won't spend 1250 Pearls just for change a couple of skills since I don't care about the other buffs, I have already shittons of Kama Blessing and Books in my inventory.

Fateneko likes this.
  20. Denthors

why does it cost 5 time more then in KR ?
    upload_2019-12-31_13-57-16.png

as far as I know outfit are not 5 time cheeper in KR nor the VP

that 1250 pearls is a TYPO right ?

please lower the price to 750p

Currently the minimum salary in Seoul, South Korea is of 8,590 Won per hour, or approximately USD 7.3.

Canada 11.06 CAD per hour

your math are kinda off by a large margin

how dare you charge us 5 time more ?????

are Korean pearl 5 time more expensive ?

#40 Denthors, Dec 31, 2019
    VoldemortRMK likes this.