1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discontinuation of Certain Pearl Items

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Kabz, Dec 30, 2019.

1. DafuqYouLookinAt

? I already know these items exist, clearly they are being put into a bundle. The bundle is my issue here and my other question is if loyalty items will be affected because it'd be seriously wrong for devs to cut off the resets/add-ons and restrict them to only pearl shop.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. Khondo

This is such a great change.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  3. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Now that we know "your" definition of "useless" (it's useless because I don't use them), we can now properly retort each other.
    What would stop you from "picking the apples from your backyard", then, if you don't want to buy a fruit-basket because you only want just apples? The apple tree is right there in your backyard - doing an awakening quest or waiting for an attendance reward / event reward (Succession events give these out for free, as well as when a new class is introduced) for the re-spec. The bundle is good for those who want it right away - a convenience. But if it apples, and only apples, are want you to buy at any given time, in an instant, then you're pretty much out of luck. To that person I'd say stop being lazy / entitled and pick some apples from the tree in your own backyard. It'll save you IRL money anyway. The bundle benefits the MAJORITY more than the MINORITY, in that, more people will find this beneficial than those who find it an inconvenience - we do live in a Democracy, yeah? Where it's (supposedly) majority rule?

Also, the Pearl Shop is NOT mandatory - I cannot stress this aspect enough. What I don't get is why some players are so lazy to play the game that they complain when a re-spec token by itself isn't able to be bought with IRL money. Some "human-rights violation" it is that a company chooses to weed-out its poorly selling items to condense it into one along with other benefits ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If we're so supportive of minority rule, take this scenario: A person wants to buy EXP Books and re-spec tokens, for their lifeskill character, their grinding character, and their character they are experimenting with - they'd have to buy EACH of them = totaling 3,000 Pearls (~$30). With this change, this person can have ALL of that + QOL like free Villas and an added stable/wharf slot = for LESS than half the price (1250 P). Have you considered THIS person's scenario, or have you just considered your own?

At the end of the day, no one is forcing anyone to buy these items. People are seemingly tunnel-visioning this as "crap, I can't buy a re-spec token for 500 Pearls anymore (which can't be sold on the CM, BTW)... this is clearly a money-grab / inconvenience for me!" and not seeing the other factors at play.

Skill Guides likely do not sell enough for the company to keep it in, EXP Books as well, being that those are commonly available in-game via various means (NV, Attendance Rewards, Events, CM, etc.). They likely figured it would be both beneficial to players AND the company by bundling these together in an affordable package. Choices have been limited to the benefit of the majority of the player-base and that is the RIGHT move, the way I see it.

Maybe they ought to at least keep the Skill Guides, just so that people don't blaspheme the very game they play in probably the most entitled way possible. Again, Pearl Shop purchases are NOT mandatory and Pearl Shop items can be attained via IN-GAME means - every single one of them, aside from very few. Maybe, now this might sound crazy, but maybe...actually play the game (to any naysayers)?

But you're entitled to your opinion. Even if it's crap.

#63 PeaceInChaos, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Naho, Vulpixy and The_Grimace like this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No the apple tree is not in everyones back yard. I do have two apple trees in my back yard but you cannot pick apples all year round. Also many people do not have a backyard at all so how do they buy an apple if they only want an apple and the only way to get that apple is to buy items that they do not want?
    I repeatedly say I do not like bundles that force people to buy items they do not want. If you are fine with being conned that is fine by me but you will never stop me from pointing out how terrible this practice is.
    By your own words pearl abyss is forcing you to buy items that do not sell well by putting them in with other items that people do want. This may be smart business practice if you have stupid people that cannot see through this garbage but I will never support this and will constantly voice my disgust.

5. The_Grimace

Some people will never be happy; as someone who purchased many of the items in the Old Moon scroll, i'm very excited to save money!

I think it was only fair that they catered to those of us who purchased many of those items, rather than someone who only bought 1 or 2 of those items every once in a while.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Yes this is true that there should be the option for those that want to buy all of theses items regularly but it is not fair that they take away the ability to purchase any single item from this bundle from the people that do not want the other items. If they had left this option while adding the bundle there would be no reason for me to be unhappy.

7. Khondo

Well simply.... WOW sux

If anyone is paying $40 a month for these items, well good luck to them. There are way easier ways of getting them.

This will be the other advantage of combining these books together, there will be a market on the MP for them and they should sell well.

8. The_Grimace

Okay, I think that is agreeable :)

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Naho

The bundle is literally everything ppl are gonna use anyway. If you don't care about anything in it then there is no reason for you to complain even. Almost everything you get in it can be obtained on another way ...

And as someone already said, you have the choice to go the free way and grow one yourself.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

11. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

I mostly just use life books myself so this is a pure win for me, but I can't help but wonder about the 1 day Armstrong item. 500 pearls for it is bad value compared to this new book, but it's still 750 less pearls if someone only wants that. Please don't taint what sounds like a good change with also pushing people that way.

Will the Loyalty version also be discontinued? If not, then that is good and probably not so bad.

Please also confirm if current life books will stack with this new book.

Equalness likes this.
  12. Khondo

Doubt they will stack, but you can still use the old items.

13. Yumine

Yumine Mystic 61

So basically Kakao Games you're trying to sell us a second subscription that cost 2.500 pearls per month = pay 30€.
    Or if we want also value pack = 40€ per month for all.
    Are you kidding us?
    How can be a monthly subscription game more expensive than video plataforms as Netflix.
    Srly this is the most expensive monthly subscription I've ever play. Gl with your trying to milk your customers but I won't pay for this garbage. There is no way to defend this.

#73 Yumine, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    onaco and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  14. ghoulz666

Gotta price things logically. You can't slap on high price tags for mini-subscriptions and NOT pump out the content that's worth that price.

15. Yushee

Give us the option to save talent trees. Now that we have the choices, it can be annoying having to reassign your skill points if you like switching back and forth to succession / awakening.

16. Loli lover

"YOU CAN BUY VILLA SCROLLS VIA YOUR CAMPSITE WITHOUT HAVING VILLA INVITATION"
    Why is this not a perk for the tent that cost 49$ holy crap u guys are greedy.

Equalness, Seitsuke and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Kattherinne

omg... why are koreans so damn greedy? jesus i mean sure game is expanding but there are other ways to get paid and im sure thats not their issue oof, this is starting to piss me off for real, about changing from awakening and succession.. i am pretty sure it was made as a path selection both are equally powerfull when played well and no i don't take bs excuses changing betwen one and another as you please is just plain ret, i understand changing back because you got tired of one of them but changing like a switch is dumb i can already see a number of dumbasses doin it ingame... losers.

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

skill reset should really be part of value pack. i welcome merge of life and combatbooks. also, why arent we getting daily loot scroll in value packs?

19. Claydough

Wow as somone who has had a combat book and life book running 100% since their release, this will save me alot of money

also, having a passive buff on the entire account rather than a physical book you have to transfer to alts is a huge QOL upgrade, aswell as changing between builds will be VERY handy, with this feature it would be viable to swap to and from succ or awakening builds in grinding/nodewar applications

i think to aid with this, they should let you save afew skill profiles, so you can swap between these with a click of a button

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

but but but u aint supposed to swap between succ and awa whenever....

/s

Bruno12 and Phoenixxx75 like this.