1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discrimination and Racism

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lothgarth, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lothgarth

In a time where you talk a lot about discrimation and racism, i can relate a bit to it in what's been going on in this game, when you stop a minute to consider the translations of the game it's impossible to understand why there is a portuguese-brazilian translation on the latin american servers of the game and here on Europe the birth place of the language PORTUGUESE there is not even the option to change the language to portuguese-brazilian, i as a portuguese consider this as an disciminating act of Racism towards all of us PORTUGUESE that play the game.
    If it's not clear i will repeat one more time, you as developers are forcing us to play the game in english when you translated it to a branch of our mother language already not giving us the option to enjoy it aswell, so i consider that a discrimination and an act of RACISM toward us Portuguese people, in case you don't know Portuguese is the mother language to Portuguese-brazilian in the same way as english-UK and English-USA.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  2. zhagsten

It's not racism though. The reason there's Brazilian translation and not a Portuguese one is that another publisher decided it was worth for them, on their territory to spend resources in the translation in order to enter the market they were targetting, but there isn't a contract between this publisher and ours to share that translation. You would probably complain it's a Brazilian translation and not exactly a Portuguese one, too. On their side, Kakao EU doesn't see it worth to translate in other languages than what's already been done. It's a question of return on investment and not of racism. There isn't a translation for all European languages that the EU licence for BDO covers. It's a pity, but it isn't racism, it's just business.

3. Kaitreen

close this thread plz....somebody....

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Learn common language, its 2020 already, stop this multi language crap.

Sandpit_ likes this.
  5. Ben Phoenix

It can't be translated into every single language and it's not a matter of racism.

6. XXew

Well this is some next level stuff.

Bizmarc89 and Avonna like this.
  7. Findubar

Its really not. I'm from the EU and my language is not translated in the game. I don't even mind.

HucKa and Ben Phoenix like this.
  8. Bonechi

Imagine thinking that a game that does not have your primary language is Discriminating & Racist that's some next level ****

Celestrina, Arkadia and Avonna like this.
  9. Capitaine Courage

Since when is portuguese a race ?

#9 Capitaine Courage, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Avonna likes this.
  10. woots

^this.

11. SSIJ

I will explain it to you.

1. Topic creator is from Portugal.
    2. BDO have Portuguese (Brazilian) translation.
    3. He ask why he can't play with Portuguese language if it exists in game.

Now the answer: you can't because you play USA/Europe BDO version. This game version don't have Portuguese language. Why? Because Kakao / PA did not translate the game into Portuguese.

So how Brazilians have Portuguese? South America publisher paid for translation to that market.
    Kakao / PA don't have right to this translation.

On Steam many game don't have my native language but the translation exists ... if you buy box version from local publisher.
    Funny? Not. When I buy game on Steam I don't have my native language. When I activate key from local box - I have.
    Same story.

12. Elessara

I find it offensive, horrifyingly entitled, and hysterically funny all at the same time that someone is equating not having their language translated in a VIDEO GAME to what's going on in the world today. Like, OP can relate a bit to being beaten, unjustly imprisoned and/or having a relative murdered because of their skin colour ... all because some random video game doesn't translate into his native language. The mind freaking boggles.

13. Capitaine Courage

And how do you come to the conclusion that it's racism that motivated these decisions ?

14. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

It isnt a time of racism and discrimination though,its a time where the media learned they can make boat loads of cash off of focusing only on and hyping up selected news stories to bait and give a perception of an epidemic happening to people who they know will be easilly triggered.

A time where advancements in cellphone technology have allowed media to rule the world

In a world of billions with easiy access to video recording eventually the media will find the one bad egg they've been looking for and start a war with it giving them huge amounts of money.

Who would have thought that cell phone recording together with media platforms would be what destroys the world.

#14 Stealthe, Jun 6, 2020
    Celestrina and IWalkAlone like this.
  15. The_Lord

that's a big yikes, keep that bs for twittter dude no one wants to hear that **** here , its not even worth the time to explain to you why your post is stupid and has nothing to do with racism.

16. Hekki

Portuguese Lives Matter

17. Eonias

yes they do, as other too. but this is a game and not the place for real messages

#17 Eonias, Jun 6, 2020
  18. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Except awaken wizards...their life doesnt

Bizmarc89 likes this.
  19. MisterJoy

Imagine facing real racism and seeing entitled people on online boards calling things like this racism and discrimination.

Fateneko, Bizmarc89 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  20. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Different publishers. As far as we know Kakao did not make a version in this language.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.