1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissecting the meta (do not ignore)

Discussion in 'PvP' started by IIZaneII, May 18, 2019.

1. IIZaneII

Wow, so this has been a wild ride. Some interesting counter play towards classes and a balanced scale between any time of range vs. melee.

This is all a total **** gale.

Range is the new meta and if you can't handle it - reroll to witch or archer, well played. There is nothing to stop range in large scale or small scale. Simply, if you don't have the iframes or the ability to dash consistently don't even bother coming to node wars. Simple fixes INCOMING.

Scale the damage per-person of all range damage (everything ranged idiots). Not that difficult. Boom. Next increase the cooldown of all ranged skills that have a significant impact, or maybe the ones that just cc a zerg every 3 seconds. Fun times. Let's continue.

Developing melee pressure... wow, simple fix: Balance for less cooldowns on movement. Develop some cc resists not pertaining to armor sets/crystals. (range already get skills to do this, yikes). Moving on, fun story SA is destroyed by range/iframe classes. Decrease the amount iframes by increasing the cool downs, making them superarmors while that skill is on an effective cooldown. YIKES WHAT A PLAY.

So, you're wondering, well the range classes are weak to grab, (you're a weak brain). They already have everything a melee class has and more so deal with it. In conclusion that's the skill involved. Honestly, If you want me to develop a video to help you understand I will gladly do so. Let's not even get into the witch wizard infinite FG/SA bug.

I'm Zane from off the top rope
    **** range.

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I find it very interesting that you count witch as a range class but not a zerker.

No iframes or dash? What class is that supposed to be? Sounds kinda like wiz/witch but then again... they are large scale classes actually.

You mean 20 and 23 sec cd like archers? Ye would be nice if zerkers would actually would get a cd on their range or at least no perma cc :-(

On? Range classes or in general?

Everything? You sure? I mean you called witch and archer range classes. Do they really have "spamable" iframes (sorc, ninja etc), grabs, somewhat protected combos (striker/mystic)? Dashes? Etc...
    https://streamable.com/ay6lf
    Here is a small example of somewhat realistic NW scenario. Keep in mind archer is fully buffed + rage absorb meanwhile zerkers are not geared nor fully buffed or buffed at all. One geared zerker would have been obviously enough as well. Any assassine class can also take out archer quite easy.

Imo archers (or any so called range classes) are not meta. They are just giving assassine classes an actual job to do now. Before archer assassine classes been skirmishing against each other (musa, maehwa, ninja, kuno etc), now they actually have to focus on archer quick before doing that.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

i would like to point out that witchzards dont have dashes and have only one iframe on long cd. their meteor and blizzard skills have long cds. they also get melted in SAs like candles.

4. IIZaneII

But if you think about it, their range damage is already at a distance+ a dash/dashes; where as melee will have have already lost health/stamina just getting there. Honestly, I'd just like to find a balance between the two.

5. IIZaneII

Thanks for the overview. I used Witch and Archer as an example for range. When talking about consistent iframes I mean Sorc or Lahn as an example. Archer simply needs a rework in cd's, or their damage needs to be scaled for large scale: the more players hit, the less damage taken by said hit.

If you just rmb then lmb in pre on an archer you have an endless amount of dashes which are a SA every 2 seconds (cc as well), so yes archer is more than capable to escape melee. Balance it.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

wizard pov

if a melee is dashing at you, you (witchzards) wont be using unprotected+slow ranged nukes (which also have prerequisite mini nukes, if u dont count rabams). chances are, even if u are using them, u wont hit them because projectile spells in this game are just retarded bad coded for some reason.

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. Darlgon

Ignore? No, you spammed the forums with your theories. Ignore is NOT what you are getting.

8. BboydD

Just do Rbf and count number of archer on each party lol

TheYoda and Lady Arisha like this.
  9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

We do have that actually already on most skills. Our lowest CD for group dmg is 11 sec btw, highest one 23. All skills besides one aoe and one piercing skill have split damage.

It's 3 seconds what you mean and it's just well... fking around movement, just for the luls nothing that is useful in pvp and most of the time a free grab. You move different on archer and it has solid cds on the protection.

I did. It's usually 1-2, myself included.

10. IIZaneII

What I'm trying to say is that with these balances range would be find in 1v1 still to protect your spots but in large/medium scale it would actually give melee a chance to play rather than waiting for pa and peeling the entire time. Just a constructive overview. It needs a balance.

11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well the whole game needs balance^^ like I can't think of any balanced class in the game right now. And if we talk about range damage in large scale then zerker is still top tier and the perma kd with down smashes is more than just nice on top.

12. IIZaneII

Damn, you just can't get over zerker's can you hahaha. Like I said, again. Diminish all range damage when hitting multiple targets. SA's don't mean much when they can just burst or break blocks in three or less skills.Higher cd's for iframes, and give them sa during the cd or something.

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

https://www.twitch.tv/thexune/clip/KnottyInventiveOkapiDoggo
    :-P

14. Malkontent

I would like damage reduced at melee range because once they get on you, you die. That way I can just shoot at long range do no damage and they can go nuts at short range and do no damage. Then we can all pretend its world of warcraft. See, stupid goes both ways.

JM and Stillwaters like this.
  15. IIZaneII

I'm not sure you understand what I have said at all but thank you for embarrassing yourself!! Read any part of this discussion and contribute intelligently :D

16. Malkontent

I understand completely. It's just stupid.

JM likes this.
  17. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

The fight is basically a Melee class bringing a knife to a Ranged Gun fight.

Who you think would win, draw your own conclusions.

flukeSG1 likes this.
  18. flukeSG1

You lost me right there. Range has always been the meta.

19. flukeSG1

Yes because if you don't die in 1 or 2 hits, the game must obviously be World of Warcraft. Who wants a game with skill involved when fighting, am I right?

20. Malkontent

Skill is involved. When you die over and over it isn't because of ranged. Its because you suck. I really hate to be the one that breaks this to you... it had to be done.