1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DK seriously needs a buff

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Solenya, Mar 16, 2018.

?

Agree?

1. No

34 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. Yessssss

74 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

All I ever hear from people is "DK is trash without 269+++++ AP and even then still trash." And, "How to win as a DK: reroll."

**** that. BALANCE THE CLASSES.
    DO YOUR JOB, PA.

Mladen_VY and Railx like this.
  2. Mladen_VY

Here's another thought from low AP DK
    I like it and i think i will play it for some long time. By that time maybe there can be some buff for poor DKs...
    Not too much, just a bit, to make many ppl A LOT happier.

3. Ubbles

Her pre awaken kit needs faster animations imo.

Erdbeertörtchen likes this.
  4. Yngol_Stormblade

I'm gonna keep playing DK no matter what tbh
    But she is bloody shite
    Bollocks protection, no sustain, laughable CCs and the damage I wouldn't even call damage, more like a tickle
    I honestly only play it cause I love the animations, the way the character moves is so good
    It's not even fun killing mystics or archers cause if I can kill one that must mean they're either new to the class, have no gear or they're just pure shite

Erroll likes this.
  5. OriGummy

The problem with DK is that she lacks PvP CCs. There's only one knockdown CC in our awakening tree, and that skill is absolutely useless. What DKs really need is more reliable ranged CCs instead of crap we have right now. Her kiting potential goes into the tube when kiting skills lack iframes or SA, so combined with low mobility and predictable trajectory of animations, it's easy to catch her. For example, Ranger and Archer can kite and evade in unpredictable manner whereas when you fight a DK you know she's just gonna kite back, so you can come up with a counter either flank or reset. After you reset you're gonna dive in again and catch her if you're good. Another option is that you can range CC her, and then it's just a matter of getting to her and landing another CC and finish the job. She's just not good, but I'll be playing her anyways. I just cannot be bothered rerolling. It's too much money both $ and silver.

Oh and her animations are pretty slow. Also, her ONLY major CCs are in her pre-awakening tree, and they are very stationary. You can probably melt her while she uses Wheel of Fortune. The only good CC skill she's got is essentially that forward dash skill (don't remember the name), and even then you've gotta do some voodoo ******** (rotating mouse 180 degrees) in order not to apply both CCs of that skill cuz you'll wanna apply another CC for an extended combo kill because in BDO you can apply only 2 different type of CCs at the certain time-frame... what is it like every 10 seconds or so? IDK DK is just not good atm :(

#85 OriGummy, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Erroll likes this.
  6. ghoulz666

I just can't stand it. Why does it run out of mana like no other and they don't give you good options other than run around with an inventory full of potions.

Standard awakening attack is like 1000x inferior to the witch/wizard's. No good skill add-ons to get mana back.

There sure as hell isn't a trade-off. The class is no better a grinder than others.

7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

What are you talking about, they already "fixed" that issue when they decide to change mana cost to stamina cost!!11111 now you don't run out of mana, because you don't run anywhere, because you have no stamina to run.
    On a serious note, crying about mana potions have nothing to do with DK, just carry mana pots. And witch is over boosted class.

8. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

9. AtomicPotato

And what its gonna change ? Random google survey, PA/Kakao just ignore it. What is really gonna help DK - is damage numbers. When you see how "shining" armor protects you and how "shining" weapon damage other players - you can clearly ask PA/Kakao " What the Fck".

10. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Not random, this feedback will be send at PA with the help from Kakao (like for the rest of class).

Don't say **** pls and learn to read ?

"Please answer each question using your honest opinion. As always the results of the survey will be shared directly with Pearl Abyss and who said what will remain confidential. Do not close this window until you have completed the survey otherwise your progress may be lost. You will be able to edit your response after submission by revisiting this page."

11. AtomicPotato

You miss my point - that survey is an random google docs survey posted by random ( you can type there anything you want) and have zero value. There is no any official connection to it by Kakao/PA, and there is no any proofs PA even will read it ( by reporting bugs i know that Kakao close tickets even w/o watching video).
    PA/Kakao understand only language of public mass media shaming, only damage numbers that reveal DK "true power" can change situation.

12. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

I can't do more for you, sorry

13. AtomicPotato

Keep posting random surveys on google and hope its helps, ill wait damage numbers to see how DK is "equal" to other classes.

14. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Keep saying ******** when you don't know what you're talking about... This survey is from official discord DK and official BDO EU/NA Feedback... Bye

Ubbles likes this.
  15. AtomicPotato

Both Kakao games and Perl Abyss have their official websites and forums, no one of them have any surveys posted by Developers/Publishers.
    What is discord ? An trash can that wanted to be VOIP chat/ digital shop/ everything else ? How discord connected to PA/Kakao? Discord not required to play BDO and its not mass media.
    Once again don't miss understand my point, i'm want DK changes, but random surveys on 3rd party sites not gonna help it.
    And if you want this survey works, then make it to be posted by Kakao games officials - CM or GM in special forum section for it, not as random post somewhere on forum.

#95 AtomicPotato, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  16. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

As i said, i can't do more for you... Google is your friend

17. AtomicPotato

:| Okay keep dreaming random surveys gonna help you.
    Not posted by officials on official sources = nothing, discord or any other 3rd source have nothing to do with Kakao/PA.

18. FarmerOak

You have this survey out with closed questions that by the look of some them make direct commensurability between the results from the other survey impossible/ Some of the questions feel like someone has something they want to implement and has formed the questions around that implementation. Please, before releasing any changes and closing the door on remediations for another year or so... TEST! Perform UAT, don't rely on random kids testing in your test server, what company in their right mind would consider that testing before a software update? Some of them tell you everything is great to create a wow factor for their own content creation agendas, and others trash everything that is on there so they can be edge lords for their own content creation agendas. If someone is streaming your content, and can get more money the more exciting it is... they will do what their job title describes... create content.

So I thought I would give my review of DK, I only play it because I like the flow of the attacks, and the ability to switch to close, ranged and midrange fighting styles... This is more so I can look back on it and see how many current issues you won't address in the 'balancing'.

DK is still kinda trash at high AP, I have good accuracy and 293 AP... if I hit a near softcap mystic or striker in the back with my awakening 100%... fully buffed, (villas, church, food, elixirs, potions, etc) and e-buff, it does a total of 20-30% damage to their health, in fights I need to catch them in CC, (up close is sooooooo much fun against grab classes as out ranged CCs suck), multiple times to have a chance of killing them as they take such little damage. If at any point I get any CC on me, I'm dead in half a combo (over 300DP (DR)). Other classes with skilled players can be tricky, the stamina pool usually runs out making fighting very very difficult but not impossible, incoming damage is very high. Ninja/kuno trial characters can very easily attack from stealth and 1 combo me fast, so it feels like there was no point in gearing this character up at times. Fights against low geared players (with the exception of mystic/striker) are easy, although they would be even easier if I was on any other class in the game... RBF consists of me getting good score, then a trial Ninja/Kuno ganking from stealth and taking it, this cycle continues all through every RBF, some games trial ninjas and kunos just wait outside spawn for high pointed DKs/Rangers to come out then they insta kill them and run away

Attack speed... vs other classes in close range the animations on skills is too long, WoF for example, I got hit in a fight the other day by 2 skills that killed me from a musa in the time that my 'super armour' WoF was casting, the guy had 30AP less than me, I didn't get CC'd, I suppose that is a plus... The overall attack speed on DK makes the class sluggish and ineffective in trading damage in its 'Super armours'.

Key points from me would be:

1. Where the skill says SA/FG/Iframe... make it work consistently (looking at you WoF, Lunacy of Vedir, Smokey Haze)
    2. Remove the new class protection you gave Mystic/Striker vs magic damage classes, people have spent their money, you have milked it enough, there is no reason for them to have it, they will need to skill up rather than be class carried
    3. Either provide good ranged CCs, or increase the damage output and protection of ranged abilities... or provide both, like witch and wizard!
    4. I know arrogance stops mistakes on balancing being reversed, so... re-work stamina so DK can fight a fast paced fight for more than a few seconds without having to stand still and not be able to use skills that now use stamina
    5. Make it so I don't have to carry 150MP pots constantly when grinding as it is soo thirsty
    6. Increase the damage of the black spirit skills so they are worth using
    7. Fix the mark system so that the final skills in the combo actually do 100% accuracy on top... like the skill description says they should do
    8. Either remove the Spirit Satiation skill or massively increase its effects. Standing still, completely unprotected to channel back 90HP each time is out worldly stupid, for characters with around 4k health you stand there for ages, in terms of testing, did someone really try this out and say 'yeah, that's exactly what we want to happen'??? Are we supposed to stand still unprotected for over 40 seconds channelling health?
    9. Shadow bullet air is hopeless, a split second I frame that does little damage and a too long animation, low distance moved... if it was faster to cast (no jump needed... I mean really, you jump unprotected in a fight and you deserve to die), and moved you a great distance to the side in smoke while in Iframe, you could even remove the CC, it would add a great dynamic to the playstyle)
    10. Vedir's Dogma... why... it is useless
    11. Scarring slash BURNS stamina and is a slow, low damage unprotected skill
    12. Luscious snare cast time is too long and covers too small an area, if it had a v short cooldown, v fast cast time and near insta cast, wider area, we could actually protect ourselves better vs stealth engages from ninja and kuno
    13. Lunacy of vedir, SA is very unreliable, I don't feel any damage reduction
    14. Pervasive darkness does not always work in cooldown
    15. Obsidian ashes does very little damage considering it is soooo slow to cast while unprotected, and has no CC... so what's the point right?
    16. Corrupt ground MP and HP recovery is a joke, as this is unprotected it just gets you damaged a lot more than the healing in PvE end game grind spots, in PvP you are a sitting target for any ranged attack, it's not even an effective counter to close range fighters as they have already grabbed you before the stun can take effect
    17. Spirit combustion, maximum level unlocks at 83... 83... why has no-one looked at this in the last few YEARS
    18. Obsidian Blaze... yeah, the super armour is so useless and the damage output so low I have moved away from using it entirely.. on paper it is better than unveiled fate, but in reality, there must be some errors in the code... just use unveiled fate now for attack speed increase
    19. Some Awakening skills are so terrible, nearly every DK I have spoken to does not have unlocked: Touch of Exploitation, Spirit Blaze, Soul Snatch, Flow: Spirit Blaze (I love how they cared so little about this they couldn't even be bothered to give it its own name), Cluster of Despair (for those who want a long animation to start, low attack speed, low damage attack, with a 12 second cooldown... FFS), Grip of Grudge (if this had no cooldown and a much wider area, it would be useful in grinding to hit before Spirit Legacy for the back attacks)
    20. Spirit Hunt, the stamina burn on this is too much, it has a cooldown so it can't be spammed, it doesn't CC, why does this also drain stamina, wheelchairing combat even more?
    21. Twilight Dash, the stamina burn on this is too much, it has a long cooldown so it can't be spammed, it doesn't CC, why does this also drain stamina, wheelchairing combat even more?
    22. Spirit consumption passive... MP+150... the MP usage has been adjusted, but the passive remains the same? If the class needed very very few MP pots to fight, (like most other classes) this could be changed to +attack speed %/+grab resist %/+DR %
    23. WoF on horseback tends to charge forward, why? This is a static skill
    24. 100% unawakened skill is low damage and long animation, I usually die when casting it
    25. The new black spirit rage non 100/200% skills are too slow to be effective
    26. Shattering darkness, the damage is so low and it has no CC that grab classes who know what they are doing, ignore the damage and just grab you out of the air, against skilled opponents, using this skill is suicide at close/medium range... not that it is effective outside of close or medium range...
    27. The delay between Seed of Catastrophe and the flow is too great, if the first CC doesn't land they Iframe/SA the second every time (if they know what they are doing)
    28. The guide animation for Seed of Catastrophe still shows that it floats, is this just to troll us with memories of when DK was less crap?
    29. Dusk, chain dusk drink too much stamina, making the class wheelchaired in fast paced fights
    30. The awakening > unawakening and back skills are not called out in the Imperious Vediant skill description, if they were called out there and linked correctly to the transition effect skill, we could max out the transition skills
    I think that's it for now... let's see what gets improve or fixed in the balancing... for anyone wondering about high AP DK, (because all I see are people saying 'DK is OP over 250AP') High AP DK is absolutely useless against some classes, the damage is not there, you can't fully rely on CC engages with DK because its CCs are crap, and you can't rely on damage only because the scaling is crap.

High AP DK is good for killing SOME classes with terrible gear at range, if you get caught in a CC, even with high DP you are still dead. If you have high AP, choose another class, you will deal much more damage and die less. If you are a very high skill, very high damage DK, other players who have high skill and very high AP on different classes will kick your ass, you will be dead though FG/SA before your slow animation skill lands damage

19. Analiyah

This is an official survey run by kakao

Erroll and Arch2k like this.
  20. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

look up na/EU Feedback library on google