1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Not Buy Black Desert Before Seeing This

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by AileenRedra, Jan 1, 2018.

1. AileenRedra

Hello to any who wish to buy and play Black Desert. I highly suggest you refrain from making that purchase. The game has many many connection issues that have yet to be resolved after being here in the west for almost two years. In addition, those connection issues have gotten much worse since Pearl Abyss started "optimizing" the game. For an example of your potential play experience with this game, check out the followign post I have on the Tech Support forums.

If you don't believe me, there are over 730 posts that have similar issues with their connection to the game. All you have to do is check the thread here.

So I would recommend to all of you who are considering buying the game: do so at your own risk of wasting money. While many do not have these issues, a large portion of the Pearl Abyss' western customer base does and I am just providing a friendly warning of what you could potentially be running into. Purchase at your own risk.

PS: Also, be aware that Kakao's customer service is one of the worst out there along with NCSoft and Trion. They usually do not respond to tickets and do not respond to customers' complaints. Even their own CEO and Chairperson of Pearl Abyss has admitted this here in this interview that they do not usually look at all complaints. You have been warned!

Karai likes this.
  2. VioletFox

VioletFox KitsuKara Ninja NA

I find it funny how I have never once had a problem with customer service and ticket responses and I've been playing since launch

3. TheGodKiller

same for me i have never had a problem with customer service and i dont think the server problem is that bad the only time when it was a bit lagging was when the game came out on steam and lots of new players joined the game.

4. Monarck

so 730 post most of which are reposts from the same 300ish people (hard to count all those pages but OP had 17 posts by him self soooooooo)... out of 400k-600k players... yep i'm gonna go with user error/contact ur isp.

5. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

me and my friends never aswell

6. Pink Vitamin

And I never had any connection issues too. And game is only 5 bucks right now so yes, new players, BUY THE GAME it's great so far.

Neoyoshi and Rena like this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

Stop trying to get players to boycott. Its pathetic.

iiOmega_, Neoyoshi and Rena like this.
  8. Razumikhn

Sure, game has no server issues lol okaaayyy

Also if you want me to send you my ticket on this you might see what he is talking about. They try to blame everything other than the servers until I start sending a bunch of pictures of what I am talking about and how it is only related to crowded servers then they just didn't respond again after that, still no response.

Just because you are having no issues doesn't mean there are no issues. I had gpu problems months ago after a patch and all I got was we didn't change anything, nvidia happened to disagree with that though and knew all about it when I contacted them.

Karai likes this.
  9. Shanothy

Come play on EU. Haven't noticed any problems here <3

10. Harpoon1972

You sound bitter. I am playing since April 2016. Last connectivity issue was 5 months ago. Game runs perfectly fine. When I lost my horse (my own fault - forgot which character it was on) the customer service responded within an hour.

Pink Vitamin likes this.
  11. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Admittedly, there WERE some connection for SOME of the playerbase including me. However in my case those seem to have been resolved and I personally think that BDO is among the finest gaming experiences currently available. So, OP, gotta disagree with you there....

12. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Left out "issues" after "connection", my bad.

13. Kraken801

My game never has issues you must have potato internet

14. KhalidIbnWaalid

No issues at all. Git gud

15. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

I had issues when i first started. They faded away for about 9 months. Since the last patch they've come back hard. The issue is with Cox Communications. There are things you can do to help the situation. Flushing DNS and maybe running a VPN. I don't like paying someone else to use a service I'm already paying for, though. Kinda ridiculous.

16. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Not here to be a jerk, but telling people to reconsider buying the game over a specific portion of the overall players in BDO having connection issues is not good. I've read that thread and I've noticed one common demonstrator: Cox communications. Does everyone use that ISP? No. I don't use that ISP and I don't have connection problems. Not everyone looking the buy the game will have that ISP either. Instead maybe title your thread "Prospective Players of BDO with ISP Cox Communications Be Warned!" Or something like that.

I'm not trying to be one of those a-holes who say "its your ISPs fault" but obviously there is an issue between Kakao, the game, and that ISP not working with the connection.

17. BuhBoom

The server lags every once in a while. But mostly the game plays smooth as glass.
    My gf’s daughter plays in her old 1 piece pc and it lags like a mother.
    So I would say probably most of the people either have a old shitty computer or a bad internet provider.

I use a up to date pc with every current option and a 100mg internet connection and it plays SMOOTH AS GLASS.

The game has very good graphics and if your using a old **** computer even with the lowest settings it’s going to play like **** just like any other game.

Buy a new pc or start playing a console.

Most people that can’t afford a good computer usually play on console.

It’s not all bdo’s fault.

18. Blackstout

I've had no connection or lag problems to note since I started playing.
    Charter for the win!

Neoyoshi likes this.
  19. Roechacca

If you're a Cox customer do this .

Changing your DNS to use Google Open DNS
    GM DewJuly 04, 2017 06:42

Doing this will often help with connection issues, and ensures a more stable connection in many cases.

1. go to the Control panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and sharing center
    2. click on the network card you are using
    3. select "Properties"
    4. select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on "Properties"
    5. at the bottom of the pop up, click on "Use the following DNS server address:" and enter in the first field "8.8.8.8" and in the second one "8.8.4.4" and click on "OK"
    6. then select the Internet Protocol Version 6
    7. at the bottom of the pop up, click on "Use the following DNS server address:" and enter in the first field "2001:4860:4860::8888" and in the second one "2001:4860:4860::8844" and click on "OK"
    8. close everything and restart the client.

Sugam, Andaro and Neoyoshi like this.
  20. McShekelberg

i laugh at your misfortune