1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do pet effects stack?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Mintz_OP, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Mintz_OP

Was thinking of getting multiple desert foxes, and was wondering if the desert resistance stacks.

If not, what pet suggestions do you have? Only if it doesn't stack though.

Edit: Guildmate confirmed, "Skills that the pet come with don't stack, but learned skills do."

Also, how do I "smash together" pets for 100% tier 3?

Edit 2: So, apparently still rng there. What do you guys recommend for pets? I'd like 3 tier 3's at least as I will be investing into this game for the long run.

Edit 3: So 100% comes from pet exchanges. What's the recommendation? Exchange or pet smashing.

#1 Mintz_OP, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. LucidKill

T4 pets are too expensive to 100%. Just put your T3 pets on red mode, they loot fast enough when turned up. If you must have a T4, hedgehog is probably the best to attempt it on because of the increased gathering procs.

Ben Phoenix and Grehm like this.
  3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

Exchange is smashing.

4. Lord_Xenon

I'm not sure what you mean with "Guildmate confirmed, "Skills that the pet come with don't stack, but learned skills do.""
    but skills do indeed stack.

There are 3 things for a pet:
    Active skill
    Passive skill(s)
    Stats
    Active skill is something like the cat with his resource detection ability. Such thing stack. If you have 2, they ping 2 different resources within their range. If there is only 1, then they will ping both the same.
    Dog(Kuku) has enemy detection, which ping red players(?). Those stack too. Though I never saw 2+ red ones, so all my 3 pets with this ability pinged 3 times the same person.
    Passive skills: Like +Life Xp stack. So 1% and another pet with 2% isn't just 2%, it's 3%.
    Stats: I call them other than skills, as skills are not unique to the appearance(just type). Like the desert fox with his desert desease resistance. Those stack too, though in the latter it's strange. When you have 2 90% resistance ones, it isn't 180%, It's actual 99% as 0,1*0,1 = chance 90% and 50% would be 5%.

Pet exchange is the same as smashing(as Phoenixx said). Though you differentiate between two things: 100% and the chance.
    Chance is with base +1/multiple other not reaching 100% exchange rate for a higher/best grade.
    100% is exchange with enough. For T3 base+T1+T1 is 100%.
    T4 is afaik base T3+T3+T3+T2+T1.
    4s for T1/T2 loottime
    3s for T3
    2,5s for T4. There is 90%/100%/110% loottime setting.
    90% mean 3s = 2,7s and 110% mean 3,3s. Each setting has its own hungergauge(what it drains from the pet). When the pet hunger reach 0, then the active skill and the loot don't work anymore. The other things still do(+ LIfe Xp etc.).

5. BDOMONSTER

I would find out if you can even have more than 1 fox out irregardless of stacking buffs. Like I know you can’t have multiple of the same of certain pets out at once the game wouldn’t let you for example you could only have 1 of the fishing penguins out at once period.

6. PoL

PoL Wizard

Must add to this that the peng and the other AFK fishing pets DO NOT stack the afk fishing time. 25% is the best you can get. If you are lucky enough to have Fishing XP on these items, they do stack (as the accumulator tooltip shows)

7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

tier of hedgehog don't effect its special ability.

8. Kubla

According to this guide it does https://grumpygreen.cricket/bdo-hedgehog-guide/

Which makes the OP question interesting , because if the pet abilities stack then it would be better to have two tier 1 hedgehogs than a single tier 4

9. LucidKill

It absolutely does affect proc rate. Its been tested many times. Though it will not stack with other hedgehogs.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  10. AtomicPotato

According to my testing, there is no difference between t1 and t3 and because there is no indicator about %'s on abilities all those "tests posted on internet" worth nothing.

11. LucidKill

There is no indicator on the pet description of the penguin that it decreases afk fish as the tier increases time but that is very easy to track. In fact higher tier penguin do decrease afk fish time more than the lower tier, and its obvious. It IS the same with hedgehog. Your personal tests are not a large enough sample without accurate metrics.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  12. AtomicPotato

Same for those "tests" usually published by same person, with result only from that person. Statistics in not result of 1 person, 1 000 or 10 000 confirmed results (because i know how majority of statistics made - from ceiling) is what could be called " tests".

13. Lord_Xenon

So we should trust somebody like you that don't even give any proof out of 'my test'??? Sounds dubious as well.

I don't know the exact ruling, but some pets can't be out more than once(Kuku), so I don't know how this is for all pets. There are variants of the 'same' pet, just named different.

Can't be a picture shown with an hedgehog T1/T3 out and the skills/buffs list(+10% Xp etc)????

14. Mirajane

DF1mhJfXkAIsbm9.jpg
    I know they look like they would , but it dont work that way

15. AtomicPotato

No, you should not trust me, nether "sheets test results", only things you can be sure is one confirmed by developers.