1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we need another tool to counter grabs?

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Meowingtons, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Meowingtons

Grabs are by far the easiest to hit cc in the game. Many classes have tools to counter them (like iframes & mobility). Most effective thing for us is the teleport. The problem is: cd and most high mobility classes can easily catch up and follow up after tp. The second tool is the pet stiff. It's very unreliable and doesn't work against protected grabs. And most players know about it and try to bait pet stiff. Tamer pets for example block pet stiff completly.
    My suggestions:

.) remove cd on TP and add stamina consumption: i have to admit this sounds a bit overpowered but they could maybe balance it by increasing the amount of Stamina consumed

.)Allow us to use both TPs separatly (tp & ultimate tp)

.) Give us an additional iframe on magical Evasion (shift+a/w/d/s) with a 3-5 sec cd. A lot of classes already have an iframe like this.

.) increase grapple resistance (witches can already increase their resistance)

Do you guys think we need another tool against grabs? And what would it look like?

#1 Meowingtons, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

But at cost of your ap/super armor <3

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  3. Meowingtons

I understand that many non-witchards see the amount of SA's we have and think it's op.
    But in reality we need them cause almost all of our skills have long animations. Leaving us unproteced in a 5 sec animation would automatically mean that we're dead. We also dont have Animation cancels :(. Ap-wise our awakening scales poorly due to capped ap on pet flows. This and our long animation are the reasons why our DPS is very low compared to other classes.

4. Filia

Filia Ranger 62

The counter to a grab is an i-frame (invincibility frame) skill. You don't need anything else. Position yourself properly and you'll be fine.

easay9 and Kyraios like this.
  5. Meowingtons

That's what i was talking about. We have only 1 and its our teleport which is easily countered by high mobility classes. You can't re-position in a fight if you lack mobility :(

6. Filia

Filia Ranger 62

Easy, just use the evasion skill and weave in and out around them dodging their grab. You can't have it all. Witches/Wizards are powerful.

easay9, Kyraios and Chaos Ronin like this.
  7. Meowingtons

This would be the solution if it worked properly
    But sadly it doesnt. You get desynced back into the grab. But as i mentioned a 3-5sec cd iframe on this skill
    would provide the solution we need. Im not asking "to have it all". We are quite balanced otherwise. slightly above average in pve and good support in NWs.

8. NoisyBoy

Sure, wizards are gods. We should cut their legs, quit their tp and delete them.... Just lol

9. Filia

Filia Ranger 62

Casters don't need buffs, they're perfectly fine as they are. I would suggest trying another class.
    Need Grapple Resists?
    Use Talis Helmet or Manos Ruby Necklace.

10. Meowingtons

Oof... i respect your opinion. But lets make smth clear: i will not reroll. I am happy playing a caster and i love my class. I'm not a fotm reroller. Actually i have never rerolled :D im fine with no changes. These were only suggestions :)

11. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Basically saying you want witchards to be a class no other class is able to counter? #Balance :)

12. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Removing CD from TP is a big no-no. Using the Ultimate TP separately would be mostly OK as well as adding an iframe every few seconds on magical evasion to allow for some timed dodges.
    Increasing resistances - you have items for that, build for grab resist if you so wish.

All in all best way to avoid grabs is to stay on the move and not commit to long animations that expose you to being grabbed w/o landing a CC first or your target is not in position to just waltz over and grab you before you can do anything. Desync will always be a problem, but that is valid for every class.

Meowingtons likes this.
  13. Meowingtons

where did i say that? you are free to Quote me :)

14. Chaos Ronin

I think you missed the question mark at the end of my sentence, which indicates a question :)

15. Meowingtons

Yes, but your Question is related to what i wrote before. So you're kinda implying im asking for it
    To answer your question: no, im just discussing about possibilities to counter grabs. I think no mechanic in any game should be uncounterable.

16. Chaos Ronin

I agree but grabs are not completely uncounterable and we already have a mechanic in the game to counter them. Iframes, which are in fact uncounterable.

17. Rena

this video is old.. and the warrior have no ap wtf..i get deleted by 1 grab whit 332 dp

Maginha and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  18. Rena

just take a witch or wizard give them stealth / infinite tp iframe and grab, they become ninja /kuno xd

Meowingtons likes this.
  19. Meowingtons

Mobility is also one of them. Keeping distance. So you would be fine if we had an iframe on a 3-5 sec cd on magical Evasion? :P
    I feel like separating our tp's should be the easiest solution and most People should be ok with it

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Warriors, Zerkers and Strikers like your suggestion

Maginha and Meowingtons like this.