1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we need another tool to counter grabs?

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Meowingtons, Aug 21, 2019.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

same classes proceed to preach how 1v1 is irrelevant and how witchzards are op. ;)

never seen "mass scale for spot" message on chat tho. ;D

2Cents and NoisyBoy like this.
  2. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Except our ap is the worst scaling in the game and our flows are already capped? tf you talking about lmao.

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Those same classes then say things like: I dont duel lahns because their grab is op. Oh the irony..

4. 2Cents

Of course it should be fixed. Not only is grab a serious problem that overrides anything you do it's pure trash game play. It's a bore fest.

The current solution is sadly to learn how to effectively Karma Bomb people and bait them into going red by changing how much karma they receive per kill. You want to get them upset and make the mistake of going red on a regular server. You can then proceed to outplay them using the karma system since the combat system is pure sht.

5. mmohealing

I don't think it's a Wizard/Witch specific thing.
    SA/FA should not be ignored when it comes to grabs.
    Especially when classes can just use protected engages to get in to grab range, or in Lahn's case, just grab you from mid-range.

I don't see why it's still a thing when other classes like Musa/Maewha/Witch etc don't have their own grabs and have to rely on catching someone in a CC between SA/FG.
    This being the point. Everyone playing Wiz/Witch has lost to a skilled Musa or maewha before. So the whole argument of "But then you'd just rotate protected skills" is a moot point. We have a lot of skills with frontal guard only which people can get around during the animation. Especially since most classes have better mobility than us.

imho it would fix a majority of the current PVP (esp 1v1) issues.

If it has to be Wiz/Witch specific I'd say make give Witch an iframe dodge (Shift A or D) in awakening.
    The reason I say Witch is cause Wiz has their own grab to counter with.
    This form someone who's played Wiz since launch. I'm not biased.

#45 mmohealing, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  6. WhySoSeeryus

in what universe is wizard grab counter to other people's grabs? its slow, unprotected and due to our kit design and speed of our spells kinda predictable. if it could animation cancel our awaken kit, we could talk about it.

7. mmohealing

While you are correct it is something, whereas Witch has nothing comparable.
    They have better damage trading I guess but that's nullified by grabs anyway.

So again. You are right but just wanted to explain my reasoning.

8. WhySoSeeryus

Wizard is already weaker in mass scale due to witch recent buffs on better skills... giving only witch a way to fight grabs better would totally boost the sales of reroll cash shop items.