1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think Kakao is using BDO as a cash grab?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lienhart, Aug 17, 2017.

?

Do you think Kakao is using BDO as a cash grab?

1. Yes

298 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kakodaimonos

Well your way of telling me to play the game wrong is a tiny bit selfish, don't you think?
    But I guess you must be right, since most user of this forum kinda agree with my point of view.

Go ahead defend it while it lasts. I'm not going to discuss any further with you. Live in your little dreamworld.

crawlord likes this.
  2. magret

free extensions, free characters slots each new class, access to all game contents I mean really all, free pets for who is patient with penguins or stubborn at MP, same possibility for the optional subscription which also doesn't give a mandatory let's say "virtually infinite inventory" like these oooh greeeaaat non-cash grab westerner games (i'm gonna faint, they are so awesomely designed around player wellness whatamastilldoinhere?) what was I saying...

3. PandoraRose

I personally don't feel this game is any more cash grabby than any other typical non-Nexon MMO.
    MMO's are made by either companies who enjoy games but want money, or companies that just.. want money.
    Until they start selling lotto boxes in the cash shop, I wouldn't worry too much.

4. Redarion

I am simply pointing out your flawed thinking and shortcomings. Nothing more.

Also, do not put much faith in the masses. For the most part, the masses are a conglomerate of fools and the amalgamation of their idiocy. Those very tools may be big in number, but I rather have one sensible person on my side versus a legion of fools.

5. kakodaimonos

Wow so much insults.
    Well I don't discuss with you about the topic anymore but seriously... the "idiotic masses" are those who actually finance the game. Or do you think you can keep BDO alive all by your high majestic self?

Dude seriously calm down. You have no clue how marketing and financing works... if you get rid of the masses you get rid of the game sooner or later.

6. AngelloAtheross

BDO now is like Archage after patch 1.2, full p2w and full of shitters[cheaters][bots,speed hack,exploiters]....

7. Redarion

Meh, don't take it as an insult. Instead, take it as a learning opportunity for your edification.

To begin with, I didn't expect much from you (try not to take this as an insult, it's merely factoid). However, the least you could do is keep your own word. I suppose I can't even expect that much from you.

8. kakodaimonos

You Sir are the first to ever land on my Ignore list... I've never seen such an ignorant person in my life before. And I'm serious about that. As you seem to not even been able to read properly where it already states I'm not discussing the topic but your insults. Your ignorance must damage not even your brain but your eyes as well. No wonder you see no flaws here.

Nevermind welcome to my void...

9. Redarion

Relax, don't get so flustered over such a simple and asinine discourse. It's just not true that I don't see flaws. Verily, I see many flaws. If you are that sensitive against my argument, then I welcome the halls of your ignore list.

Seriously, I am heartbroken. I shall lose many nights of sleep over such serendipity.

10. Kritas

Companies have figured out how to use psychology in gaming to make more money. Make things easier, faster, and more powerful and people will pay for it. It's the way of the world now. I don't like it, but that's the way it is. If people weren't paying, the companies wouldn't be using this model.

11. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

My god, the amount of people acting like no company on earth ever tries to use their product as a "cash grab".

That's their whole purpose! To get money, to get people to spend as much money as possible. Good god.

12. Brightcide

TL;DR: A gaming company wanting to increase their revenue isn't a cash grab. Designing a game around the cash shop and microtransactions while not addressing prevalent issues within the game in order to maximize profits before the playerbase inevitably dies is.

Dunkleosteus, Elidips and Bilianderr like this.
  13. Ayane69

If you wanna see a real pro publisher(s) at cash grabbing Try Revelation Online (My.com) or Twin Saga (Aeria who also dropped Bless Online).
    This games publisher is Ghandi compared to those "Jack the Ripper" publishers

14. Darkseal

During the first 6-8 months of the game i would have said "no way, not a cash grab". But, as time moves forward, .... yes. Slowly the trend is moving towards grabby tactics.

There is a difference between "making profit" and "cash grabbing". If you don't see the difference I feel sorry for you.
    All business exists to make profit. People gotta eat. Servers need support. The spice must flow.
    But the game can't say "We will not nerf, only buff other classes" then release a nerf. You can't say "The NA/EU will be different than the F2P" and then add all the f2p income models.... You can't charge money for items that can be simply crafted in the f2p region.
    Some will say "but the game was only $5/$10".... most of the people I know got in during the start, ie. $60-$100+ (another slap in the face but could be considered "early access" even though that is not the case). I've always supported the "pay for convenience", and that is not the topic on why I feel they are getting grabby.

tldr; yes.

Bilianderr, crosspath and Brightcide like this.
  15. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

Ugh dont remind me of neverwinter :( :(

16. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

and thus we normalize this to our detriment in the long run as it becomes the norm .Neverwinter on console taught me a huge lesson. Or so i thought :) :)

17. Kritas

Well, it's my first and last game using this model. It's not worth it to me. If others are willing to support it, more power to them.

crawlord likes this.
  18. bennycooly

I think that compared to other MMO's, BDO isn't that bad, but I think the reason why the majority of the community (including me) is upset is because BDO started off as a non-P2W game and the devs promised to keep it that way. I think Kakao realized that it was easy to introduce small P2W elements here and there that yielded some good profits and gradually these elements have been building up. For me, I'm not that upset by those who spend buckets of money to get ahead of other people since it's their choice and I'm not anywhere close to endgame (even though I've been playing since launch lol), but I can definitely understand that those who put in the time and effort for their progress would be upset.

Honestly, if it ever comes to the point where if you spend money you can actually have something that hard-working people can't, then that'll be a serious problem.

Regarding the OP, I do feel like introducing time completion like the last patch is definitely a cash grab, because that's just a cheap way to milk money out of people and there are a lot of other ways to gain profits. I just think the Korean-MMO mindset is what's hurting BDO. If Pearl Abyss just spent more time developing better costumes, furniture, etc. then I'm sure they would still be raking in lots of money. Just look at games like LoL. The problem is that isn't their mindset.

#98 bennycooly, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    crawlord likes this.
  19. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

Agreed as this is my last game dealing with this crap. I dont support 60 dollar day one dlc games or microtransactions so i dont think ill give mmos a pass even though i really enjoy getting lost in this one.
    :)

Kritas likes this.
  20. Ateena

No, Kashkao is the bestest company ever.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.