1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think Kakao is using BDO as a cash grab?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lienhart, Aug 17, 2017.

?

Do you think Kakao is using BDO as a cash grab?

1. Yes

298 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

if that's what you got from my message then i should feel sorry for you but instead i feel sorry for everyone that knows you

2. Icewolf Bluefire

without any doubt the answer is yes

3. LordBrasca

LordBrasca LordBrasca Ninja 61 EU

It may sound cruel but considering everything yes.

They are intentionally holding content that should have been released months ago just for the sake of milking more and more every single pebble of "new content". They will probably release kamasylve in november, because before that we have mystic and her awakening! Such content, much wow! Can't wait to farm another character's levels at SAUSANS!

That being said if i'm not mistaken the publisher is planning to do their own game... My guess is that they are milking cash from this game to invest it in the development of their game.

I am 90% sure that after that they are finished with that game and they release it they will give up on BDO by going full f2p and just doing translation/copy-paste of korea patch notes (which honestly isn't that bad compared to the current situation).
    Obviously before that they need to release the game for Xbone/smartphone and whatever! They have to make sure to milk every single cent before making it free to play :).

Unless they make an official statement explaining the real reason behind the delays of contents like kamasylve i won't really change my mind regarding the matter.

Yukiko1 and Lomacs like this.
  4. Nihilistic Nancy

You will no longer have to farm xp for other toons as a xp transfer coupon will be released soon.

5. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

If you got 2b to spare.. not saying it isn't a good change, I am actually really happy that they are gonna add this but I don't think casuals will ever have a chance of purchasing it.

6. VioG

Compared to the other Korean MMOs that I have played in my life, this one is less cash grabby. I don't have to worry about an ad for a cash shop item slamming into my face every 10 mins nor have to worry about purchasing stuff for my weapon.

Still, I hope this game doesn't fall down the path of total evil, I'm looking at you BnS.

Hakazumi likes this.
  7. Ihmbreil

Of course it is a cash grab, the whole industry is. It is not about a 'fair' price, it is about what is the max you can get for your product. As long as consumers keep consuming in that pattern, keep the cash train moving. To me the whole 15 dollar a month thing for a game service is overpriced, expecting more is absurd (I bought the game initially when it was B2P impressions from Daum's marketing). Then you hear "...well they have to recoup their dev costs and maintenance...". Utter marketing BS. How does Netflix deliver their service/content for 11 bucks a month to multiple client connections in full HD? Smarter business. Their budget for original content next year is 7 billion dollars, that is over 100 BDO type games developed. The game industry is a booming business. Does it matter if it is a cash grab, not one bit. It is your choice though to continue playing because you are entertained by their product/service or move on to something else. IMO, I would say if you are asking this question, it is time to move on. Plenty of good games published and many coming down the pipe. That is your power as the consumer. This game is Kakao's and PA's risk.

Elidips likes this.
  8. Shadowfibby

Shadowfibby Tamer 62 NA

100% yes this game is a cash grab. This game has outstanding visuals and combat (if we ignore class balance being a joke and their plethora of bugs) that pretty much make it the best mmo out there to play but they have an equally genius way of milking their customers until they're dry, in the form of overpowered conveniences that give too many advantages to people that put in money compared to the ones that don't :(

Morwath likes this.
  9. Domonkazu

the same way like apple using iphone as a cash grab

10. Cold Napalm

I'm calling BS on this. Everything you have said so far say this is BS...and if it isn't the ONLY reason those companies hasn't gone belly up is because of everyone else at the companies and not YOU. Also pathetic attempt to argue from authority...but you didn't start it so it can be minorly forgiven. But make up a more believable lie next time.

11. Columba

Company tries to earn cash from a business!!! shocking news at 11!

12. Karaad

Passive aggressive much? People who know me love me. You don't like me because I don't agree with your wall of text. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pkmdz likes this.
  13. Zarkasm

Zarkasm Mystic NA

kakao is the new snail games lol

14. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

You might be surprised to know there is only one Korean in charge of all the NA/EU servers. 24/7.

15. Caste

Holy ****, are you for real?

16. Xialoh

Xialoh Valkyrie 60 NA

Holy **** someone actually understands.

17. EveningOwl

People complaining about an mmo turning p2w. Lmao.
    I bet you get surprised when your gf gives birth to a black / yellow / orange / green kid and you think it's because of the light you had the freaky freaky under. Oh right...nobody here has a gf, this is why you play bdo. But jesus it's so mindnumbing to see people shocked seeing a game go p2w...

18. Icekiss69

I really need want option to craft things with pearls instead of raw crafting materials resources ect i send up worker and either use my resources or pearls two options instead of one

19. Jennaby1221

stupid ass question. stupid ass thread, how many times has this be asked already. Everything you buy in real life is a cash grab. Your clothes, your applicances, the food you eat, your cellphones, a mall is one giant cash grab. so what difference does it make if bdo is one or not? people running out of things to complain about so they just re using the same old threads and making them new again lol

Columba and Hakazumi like this.
  20. Pkmdz

It would be very simple to take ideas from other popular titles and convert them into new Black Desert game modes that players would enjoy having. Instead, we get garbage like Arsha arena.

There would be more satisfaction and higher retention rates aside from just afk life skilling if more care was really given to these kinds of things...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.