1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think you play too much?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Andaro, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Andaro

Ambassador

So I have this habit of ripping audio from my favorite movies and listening to them as mp3's while on drives or whatever. I find it more relaxing than listening to music even.

Movies you have seen over and over again, you can pretty much "watch in your head" while listening to the audio track.

Recently I was listening to one, and found that the entire "visuals" in my mind had been replaced with BDO graphics, characters, houses...everything seemed to play out as if it were a "black desert movie", only more fast paced and better movie visuals lol

Am I crazy?
    A sign of addiction?

Or do others out there share such fondness for the game in such manners?

Interested to hear your stories :3

eitheldin likes this.
  2. IRustyI

Let's talk again when you fail TET ogre ring

Qba likes this.
  3. Xenosuke

I like to crank my music while grinding mobs. It helps me zone out and since I never get bored really with the combat, I can easily grind for hours on end if I wish. But I do have a weird quirk when doing anything else in bdo. For some reason, I like to listen to youtube reviews and tutorials about bdo in the background while doing anything other than grinding in bdo. I am not sure why.

4. Milaketta

I guess that's a normal thing. When I dreamt about my playing a game I also wondered if I'd gone nuts

5. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

I used to play a lot.

Slowed down a bit, now I just log in, do some AFK fishing/crafting and just log off after I got all the event rewards. I don't have enough time at the moment to play actively.

Welp, at least AFK progression is actually worth it here.

6. Greys0n

Nope. I don't think so. I think that I have not much time for playing. After work I can play only for 2 hours just to relax. Usually it's League of Legends 'cause it's easy to learn and the pro scene being so present and easy to understand. I often hang out on https://dreamteam.gg/lol/players as there are many players and it's more fun to play together.

#6 Greys0n, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

I think you missed the point of the topic and went completely left ball field

8. Hmm... Doesn't sound so good to me ;)

I remember one time, during my Aion period, I was walking outside and the street was downloaping at some point. I found myself thinking "I can glide here"... I got pretty scared I have to say and started playing much less XD

In my WoW period I dreamt about the game a couple of times, that scared me too.

9. Dalenos

[​IMG]

I would stop playing for a bit if it continues it could be a sign that you should quit >.>

10. Andaro

Ambassador

but but, listen to the Titanic soundtrack next time you're on the sea....or Smokey &The Bandit or Twister when you're driving your wagon..... o.o #BDOMovieRemakes

11. Dalenos

I am good i rather just watch the movie. I can understand liking a game or stuff but when you start seen it everywhere that's a sign of addiction >.>

12. JasonD

I used to play 16 h per day in my younger days. That was OK, untill I realized - it's NOT OK! I takes my best time. It's OK to play after all your duties are finished. After playing for 4 years, I realized that I am not going anywhere with this and also games got boring - every new game reminded me of something I had already played. It was pointless.