1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it add up (PEN enchant)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Rysingmoon

You get the FS100 from the process of enchanting boss gear. I personally got a FS90 from enchanting a couple of TETs. The costs for this FS is included in the repair costs. Of course, you first need to get to this point. For the stacks from 0 to 30 you probably not always use boss gear, that is, the repair costs are likely less.

So, for example if your plan is to achieve full TET, you start with a set of stacks appropriately for a TET. You probably build the lower stacks (< 30) as you need it, though. After achieving this TET and also after re-building all the boss items you abused for this TET, you inevitably get new FSs, probably another TET FS which you save for later use. Ideally you end up with roughly the same set of stacks, so that you can start another TET attempt. The costs for all this, are basically the repair costs for all the boss items you used for enchanting plus concentrated stones and the costs for building the lower stacks, where you probably used other items, say green gear, black stones, etc.

This calculation is just a rough estimation. What's pretty obvious is, that getting a PEN is quite expensive, where getting full TET is pretty much doable. Whether getting a PEN is doable or not is also a matter of luck. If I can afford three PEN attempts, I may be lucky. If I can afford 25 attempts, I may still be unlucky.

2. Spartakatz

i'm just saying, 100 fs don't come from nothing. "i got xxx" doesn't count, it's huge rng, both enchanting or getting FS. there are also people who just bought TET, and have zero FS hanging around. point is, something like a 100fs is almost impossible to estimate, and surely not comes for free, no matter how you look at it.
    you would also need to count the invested time, you can't just buy fragments. if you're "unlucky" you will succeed many TETs before you get even near a PEN stack.
    I bet using caphras is probably in average more expensive and needs more time, but that's the whole point of it.

3. 2Cents

I had a really hard time getting 100+ FS. Even with enchanting TET for multiple classes a lot of TET succeed throughout that process. You really need to fail PEN attempts to ensure such high FS and they are extremely costly either way.

Overall the equation is nearly impossible, but luckily that doesn't matter. The reason why it's nearly impossible to calculate isn't just the RNG factor. It's things like establishing the value of a Caphra. Is it 1M - 2M - 3M? I think 2.5 even 3.5 would be fair.

Ultimately it doesn't matter that much because it's nearly impossible to obtain 15,000+ Caphra without making stacks of billions. Even if the RNG cost is higher, all those billions may not have any other purpose. Unless you want to Pre Order, buy accessories, etc.

4. Spartakatz

that's simple. the value is what people are willing to pay for, that's the preorder price which a little above 2m last time I checked

5. elgen

Some thing that some might be overlooking. You lose caphra exp on gear downgrades but when you use cron stone your gear does not downgrade. And every time you use cron stones 5% of those cron stones are converted into caphra exp. So you producing caphra exp every time you fail with cron stones. And you still keep 10% of your caphra exp if your attempt goes through.

Sorry if this was already discussed I did not read the bulk of this thread. I just noticed when I tet'ed a piece it already had 5.4% caphra exp when I never used caphra stone on it before.

6. 2Cents

I don't recall that being in the patch notes. Can someone confirm this?

Not so simple, I can't pre order Caphra's at 2M, but I can buy them at 1M. (Subject to drastically change after the event on amounts)

7. elgen

https://www.invenglobal.com/forum/b...to-caphras-energy-when-cron-enhancement-fails
    https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...ras-stone-and-caphras-enhancement-added-in-kr

Part that matters from the second link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Things get a bit complicated when you try to enhance the gear with the regular enhancement. If the Enhancement Level drops due to an unsuccessful regular enhancement, only 50% of the Caphras exp will remain. If the Enhancement Level goes up due to a successful regular enhancement, 10% of the Caphras exp will be transferred to the next enhancement level. If you fail the regular enhancement using Cron Stones, 5% of the Cron Stones used will be transferred as Caphras exp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CM Richter talked about in in announcements But the last part where you gain 5% was not discussed. But ever one should be getting the in game pop up message when you go to try and upgrade tri or above with cron stones once you hit confirm.

Edit: I just tried with tri but cancled before the attempt went through it did not give the pop up message. You might have to fail once or have at least 1 caphra exp on the item before you get the message. Oddly enough when I tried with 0 failstack it gave me a confirmation window warning that my failstacks were to low LOL.

#27 elgen, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  8. 2Cents

I have a fail stack over 100 and enough Cron Stones for an attempt. If I attempt it I'll post an update on the results. My main concern is the stack might only be 105 for example and not quite maximized for PEN attempts.

Someone on the forums should be able to give input on this as to whether it works.

The ugly part is true Pay2Win would be enchanting TET with ZERO fail stacks to essentially buy Caphra's and result in a PEN item that is already staged. If money where not an issue.

9. elgen

You would only be gaining 60-65 caprha's worth of exp per pen attempt.

At first I thought you would need to sets for this system. One you use caphra's on and the other to make attempts. But really you can combine the two. So even if your failing your weekly pen attempts your still contributing a small amount to caphra's exp. The end result is even when your failing you still progressing instead of being worse off then when you started.

10. 2Cents

I want verification that using Cron Stone attempts actually increases your Caphra exp. Those are not official sources or from our version. Even if Korea or another version has this system that does not mean it's live for EU/NA. It also didn't appear in the official patch notes.

I'm looking for an official statements or at the least players to verify they have either gained Caphra exp or not.

11. elgen

A lot of stuff gets missed and not added to patch notes. I am not about to waste 36 mil silver much less 1.3 bil and take the time to recorded the process of intentionally try to fail a upgrade :).You could always send in a ticket but we know where that will lead. The publisher will say they don't know and we are sending in a request for information from the dev's. And the dev could take three weeks to never to reply depending on their moodD:<. This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened after all. 2cents.PNG
    That's the message btw looks like you need 1 caphra exp in the item before it shows it. so you will not see it in your frist cron attempt unless you already have 1 exp on the gear. You 2 attempt should however show it.

12. 2Cents

It shouldn't be that difficult to find someone to verify. I have TET that I intend to upgrade through the RNG system so I can save my Caphra's. I just need to determine if my fail stack is appropriate. It's over 100, but it sounds like 125 is around max chance. Since the stacks don't increase it would be a bit wasteful to do multiple attempts at below the max rate.

The 1 Caphra rule looks like something relatively new also, but mentioned elsewhere. If I attempt the enchant I'll probably do that. That would be a really important yet hidden advantage. If you are able to obtain Caphra Exp that really shouldn't be necessary.

Souljester likes this.
  13. elgen

I don't think it's a rule. I think you just need that 1 caphra exp to trigger a automated response from the system. Just like you trigger a automated warning response when you try to go from tri to tet with 0 failstacks. The easy way to test it for you is to pick up a tri cheap green piece of armor. It should only cost you 20-30 cron stones to try and enchant it with 0 failstacks. Then see if you get any caphra exp after the failed attempt.

As for failstacks to get max pen chance I think most believe it's around 120-125 for yellow gear.

Souljester likes this.
  14. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

Alright so I just thought I'd add what I know to this thread:

I read this topic this morning but did not know whether the cron stones added caphras stone value. But last week I did a cron stone PEN attempt on my dandy so when I got home just now I unlocked the dandy with a single caphras stone and my TeT Dandy is 34.444% into level 0.

So yes, unsuccessful safe attempts using cron stones do INDEED add caphras stones (seems like 62 according ot the chart I have here for the base level)

2Cents and elgen like this.
  15. Maginha

Croned a PEN attemped on dandi from chestcron, had caphras xp on it after fail, never used caphs before

2Cents and elgen like this.
  16. 2Cents

Thank you and @Maginha for the info.