1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it matter to ask for change?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Xxy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Xxy

Xxy

Hello everyone,

I love BDO it is a game with so much potential for me.
    I won't say what I all love about this game because it's a lot, but there are also flaws which make the game not as good as it could be.

Most of the people know about them because every day new people cry about them (me now too).
    But I just feel like maybe, just maybe if we address some things the devs will change some parts of the game.
    So what am I talking about?

I am playing since CBT2 and I stopped playing a lot of times, then started again got annoyed from something stopped and so on.
    Mostly when I see people complaining I see answers like "Then don't play the game, then don't buy the pearl stuff."
    These are one of the most stupid answers if you don't like the thread where somebody is complaining don't answer under it right?
    The people complain because they dislike some aspects of the game, they complain so something changes, the people complained about EA so EA was forced to change something, the people want to play BDO they want BDO to be a great game.

One thing which is annoying for me are the costumes.
    They cost 20-30€ which is huge!
    I love collecting armour and weapons in video games and I am sure most of you do.
    In BDO you don't collect cool looking armour on the normal way like in WOW or GW2 or such where you if you equip something, your appearance changes (well only a bit).
    Every cool costume needs to be bought and the prices are just too high, I think this was addressed million times already but please, devs just try it out, make your next costumes 10€ and just watch how many people will buy it, I often thought about buying a costume, there are some really cool looking ones, but every time I think about the price I come to the end I won't buy it, first I don't want to support the prices and second it is just too much.

If you would sell costumes for 10 the ones without the awakening weapon and 15 with I am sure you would make more money in the end because more people would buy it, for real BDO you sell your game on steam for 5-10€ and you see how ****ing much people but it and also don't really play it much then, they buy it because it is cheap for the value you get for that price.

Just check out games like League and Dota, people spend so much money on it.

The second thing, make the grind more accessible for new players, a lot of people don't play long enough to get boss armour, or even to up their armour to tri, or lv to 60.
    I don't want that BDO will be that easy that every damn player will get a PEN Dande after a month playing, but the RNG is kinda insane, people love the PvP in BDO (of cause also other stuff)
    Is there no way we can make this game more fluent?
    So that it does not feel like you are stuck at some point? Is there no way to it feels like you constantly make progress, the hardcore players will still be ahead but so that new players or players with not much time can still have a good time in the game still matter in Guild Wars and not get 1 shot?

The last thing is of cause all that small stuff you can buy from the pearl shop, spend thousands of Euros so you progress faster sucks, I don't want to say too much to that topic because well the devs still need their money and I don't really know the best solution.

Thanks for your time guys and hopefully at least some people agree with me.

TL;dr: Make the costumes cheaper so more people buy them.
    Try (because I don't know an optimal solution) to make the game feel like you make constant progress and don't get stuck at a point

2. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Pearl costumes are unlikely to become cheaper within the Pearl store, but with the new MP hopefully we will see more available for purchase, as the current 5 Pearl Item listing is being raised significantly.

As for the general armour appearance in game, I've noticed the default look for the most recent classes has been much improved. Both Lahn and Archer have really nice looks about them, unlike poor Sorc who is getting around in an ugly potato sack. I think I read somewhere in this forum (I'll go look for the link in a sec) that they might be introducing the ability to dye functional/crafted clothing as well which would be awesome

Edit: Here we go,on this thread, first page under January:

https://community.blackdesertonline...ck-library-winning-ideas-january-2019.328439/

MMoNoob and Xxy like this.
  3. Dreadhood

Honestly, i don't feel like the pricing is the issue, for me what is completely outrageous is the poor quality of the outfits, they are absolutely not worth the money.
    BDO outfits, very often, have undyable parts (that's just a sin no matter how you see it), poor color slots distribution (have 2 parts use the same color slot while the parts aren't of the same material, like metals with cloth) and color slots that interfere with other color slots (like slot 1 affects slot 2, ruining its colors).

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Honestly in order for the changes you proposed above to happen. Pearl Abyss and Kakao would have to ditch their current business model for the game. For a more Western business model. Which is a no no for Korean devs.

So no, asking for changes does not matter. Unless they are changes the introduce more cash shop P2W RNG items or mechanics into the game. Because you know Koreans love their P2W RNG progression systems. You either find a way to deal with it. Or you simply ditch the game, for one more suiting of your tastes.

Souda and WoWisBest like this.
  5. Xxy

Xxy

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I actually like the outfits, I almost have no clue with the colour stuff so I can't really talk about it, I only have 1 outfit because once I was lucky to snipe one from the market (it was the hell).

But even if you don't like them, a lot of other people like them, also students are more likely to but a 10€ set then one for 30€.
    It is about to make it more accessible and so more people feel good with their characters, when that step was made, you can look into stuff like colouring.

6. Or just adjust the Cron melting rate or silver cost of the costumes so there’s no artificial demand for costumes as anything other than a skin.

Hezekiel and MoonDance17 like this.
  7. Xxy

Xxy

I already found my way of dealing with it, spending nocent, quitting the game all the time to start it for 1-2 weeks again, after some time.

I also don't think it would change their whole business model, I am 90% sure Pearl and Kakao would earn way more money with cosmetics if the cosmetics would have much more reasonable prices.
    Yes, the other things I am asking for are too much or impossible to ask for, I still wanted to address them.

But I am sure changing the costumes prices would profit the Devs and the game and the people would be happier.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  8. Xxy

Xxy

I really don't like that cron ****, but the devs can't make a change it because there are too many people just buying costumes so they can melt them.
    So if they would change that, fewer people would buy the costumes and Pearl would not like that.

But if they were just cheaper a lot of more would buy them, so I don't see a reason why not change the prices, make the player happy and also earn more money with that?

9. PoL

PoL Wizard

Cut it off there because two things need to happen for change to occur.
    1. You must understand the culture of your chosen demographic.
    2. The devs will only change something if directed by the technical producer which has been told to do so by the producer.
    So.
    Why won't there be changes that will satisfy you?

The chosen demographic is Asian based. They enjoy all the attributes of this game that you don't. The game producers understand and cater for that.
    Consequently the devs will not change a thing because they have not been directed to through the chain of command and, as they are mostly Korean, they respect and follow that.
    Your opinion, has little bearing on the game and will not be taken into consideration because it will not be forwarded on as valid as you do not fit the chosen demographic.

Just enjoy the game.

Fearless V likes this.
  10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So in short, you want this game to be cheaper and appeal to a more casual audience?

11. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

For Pearl Abyss to actually make more money that way. They would have to actually have a decent size active playerbase playing the game. And not just mostly afking in towns all day while playing other MMOs and games.

If they can't not reach those desirable population counts, with minimal effort and resources. Than they are more than likely not going to make the Pearl Shop items cheaper.

However as more and more players leave BDO and new ones don't replace them. Which is more than likely what has really been going on lately. The more likely Pearl Abyss is going to ramp up on, or add more P2W mechanics to the game to compensate. Which is pretty much what all of the Korean MMOs I've played in the past have done. (Forsaken World, Perfect World, Skyforge, BnS, TERA, and Aion.) Just to name some from my own personal experience.

So again from my personal experiences with other Korean devs. I don't see them modifying their business model, and reallocating more resources to the game. In order to do what you are proposing. With their current business model they can pretty much leave the game on auto pilot. And just increase the P2W values as needed, to maintain their desire profit margins.

Remember Pearl Abyss basically gave up completely. On new player retention, and improving their user ratings. With all of the the cash shop oriented mechanics, they've added to this game over the past 10 months. Starting with the AP scaling system.

WoWisBest likes this.
  12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You know...only the people being unhappy cry about it and usually that's the minority. It's just that those who cry a lot, are sadly often being heard as the others are busy enjoying the game as it is.

13. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

i think their marketplace value should be changed, now a premium set is 111mill, it have 219 cron stones in it (from blacksmith it's 440mill) or it can have 73 Valk cries , i think the marketplace value should be 4 or 5 times the current one and people would actually be able to buy their favorite costumes from marketplace.

the math just not adds up, they either shouldn't have this much crons in them or they should be more expensive so it's not worth this much to buy them, also a lot more people would sell them if they were more expensive, which means more money to the devs.

#13 Kerenis, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  14. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Not going to happen. They want everyone to buy and melt costumes. If they should want to progress at a more realistic time frame. It's a really good Korean Pay to Fast to Win trap. Maybe legendary status.

WoWisBest likes this.
  15. Kaylo

On league of legends people pay for a skin that does not give you any advantage and in my opinion 10 € I buy a pet not an outfit :v

16. zeezero

The industry is going in a horrible direction and somehow people have been conditioned into thinking microtransactions on every level of gameplay are ok. I don't get it. I guess I'm an old gamer or something, but I don't know why people just accept this monetization and playing purposely crippled games so we can pay money to uncripple them.
    30 bucks for an outfit? It's a super crazy amount of money for what you are getting and that 7 years ago would have been bonus content in a game. Now it's got a price tag. Makes me hate the gaming industry.

Hezekiel, MoonDance17, Souda and 2 others like this.
  17. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

It would be nice to see them introduce a cheaper range of outfits, perhaps that didn't have any set bonuses and are purely cosmetic

MoonDance17 and Xxy like this.
  18. WoWisBest

What's comical and hilarious about this is that there are actual people who actually think this game isn't P2W and then compares to games like Silkroad and Archeage to justify the P2W in this game because according to them those are the "real P2W MMOs" and BDO is not lmao.

I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. Even BDO sub-reddit describes this game as P2W.

Hezekiel and Xxy like this.
  19. Xxy

Xxy

Yes that would be awesome.
    But they only want the money so they would prefer the 30€ outfits and make then better then 10€ only skin outfits so people buy them.

20. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

tbh i would be happy if there were more costumes that are obtainable through questing. The one that you can get looks like garbage

MoonDance17 likes this.