1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does pearl abyss have too much pride to revert the changes?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by irrelevant, May 3, 2018.

1. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

In the end does it all boil down to pride and nothing else? Because that's what it looks like, why else wouldn't they revert these horrible and unwanted changes?

No one likes these changes in game from the actual pvpers who can't bother posting on the troll-infested forum and if you were to somehow make a survey of only active and end game pvpers no one will want these changes and no one has ever asked for the game's core to be reworked

There is only one right move here - revert all these changes and give us back the normal system, minus the AP scaling patch which should be pve only, everything else is the WRONG move and no one wants any of the new suggestions, all of which sound completely and utterly horrible. Like if you were actually adding random things chances were you'd get at least 1 good suggestion here and there but all the stuff we've heard so far is so bad that it's not even funny, there isn't a single good sounding upcoming change

I'm almost baffled how can a multi-million dollar game with so many players be changed like this after 2 years. This isn't what people wanted and this isn't the game everyone got used to. It's almost as if league of legends was changed to a first person shooter and all the champions became immune to cc so that all champions with cc get randomly screwed up for no reason that's how ridiculous all this is. Oh and yes, without announcement because if there was actual announcement and 1 month warning for this people would probably revolt enough for them to listen to not put it in the game in the first place

how insane is that? this is where someone posts the mind blown picture

like, nevermind a bunch of forum clowns who are for those changes why don't you go look them up (since forum and game accounts are linked) in game and see how much pvp they do before taking their opinion even remotely seriously? no one from end game pvpers and siege guild players wants these changes but people have lost so much hope that half of the guilds on the eu server are bleeding players or just disbanding/merging into each other cus no one wants this horrible patch. To achieve balance you need to nerf certain mechanics and class skills and buff/fix others, not rework the game

i'm asking for the history books, is this pearl abyss having too much pride?

can't kakao just tell to PA "bye guys" and revert the patches and become a pseudo-private server that listens to reason and to community and people who know what they're talking about and not horse trainers talking about pvp

the last month has been some next level global prank, while the ap patch was a huge joke

their reasoning for buffing AP was to help new players and their reasoning for buffing grabs was to nerf grabs

[​IMG]

crawlord, T800, BuccaSorc and 30 others like this.
  2. Kyouki

One more week until their month of changes. 1 week until mass exodus.

lewiscypher and JillValentime like this.
  3. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

[​IMG]

2 weeks later

[​IMG]

200 IQ dev team at work.

#3 Reuter, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. Dalenos

[​IMG]

Inbound post about BDO dying or bless with kill bdo >.>

5. Zephyrsong

I bet if you make another thread they might actually read it and go "Hmm, we've been naïve idiots. What were we thinking?" and then at the next meeting go "You guys know about irrelevant right? The Goto forum warrior extraordinaire. We should fire Kim Jong UN and make him/her/it the new EL PRESIDENTE because they know what's good and could never make a questionable decision like maybe posting the same,. tired copy paste complaint threads."

Wait, never mind.

Off topic, anytime you type Kim Jong UN and you don't capitalize the UN it changes to "In" as if your forums don't acknowledge he is your President, dictator and overall buddy or even a real person.

#5 Zephyrsong, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Arreyanne, ODB3698, Cruornex and 3 others like this.
  6. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

Can you even Imagine how much I want you? At this Point right now i do not care if you are a Guy.

7. ghoulz666

Who knows. Maybe we'll get permanent value packs as compensation lol.

Haellena likes this.
  8. Rayin

Let's give them time, meanwhile i'm not suggesting to open threads, but to stick to few existing threads named properly to not clutter the forum, else if we have the chance to be listened they won't for sure seeing threads with a title such as:

- "PA, you suck balls!!!"
    - "Enough is enough"
    - "Fùcking game..."
    - "This time i quit!11"
    - "Bless is coming Ecs Dee".

lewiscypher likes this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

My last MMO had Korean developers and never listened to our feedback and/or gave us the opposite of what was asked, or something else entirely. It might be a Korean thing, it could also be a simple lack of understanding due to a language barrier and culture difference. I noticed that some of our CM/GM team aren't native English speakers, maybe there is a double language barrier when they try to relay what we've said to them to the developers.

Fearless V, Rayin and Thelemna like this.
  10. Jensen

they already killed all pvp, rbf is 1shot cancerfest, wpvp is whoever gets cced first loses, sieges completely dead, node wars absolute clown fiesta with lvl 62 550+ players going T1
    the vast majority of people i know just afk lifeskill waiting for things to get better

11. SAMURAIJ4CK

They wanna save face by overthinking the imperfect but better than right now pvp mess they got going right now. and now messing with other parts of pvp mechanics like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hits, evasion, which hit triggers CC and Dmg. Then the air, the back, and the down attacks too.

FFS they havent figured a way to truely fix their grapples mess and they already getting in deeper chet.

If they really wanna save face then revert all the circus patches and spend 1% of pearl profit to buy a darn TEST SERVER.

ODB3698, Reuter, Mesuka and 1 other person like this.
  12. razor247

Bless save me....all you need is some PvE and I'm there

Lostarot likes this.
  13. IRustyI

Kim Jae Hee is pushing his plan without even noticing how bad it is affecting the game.
    Closing communication from users and he is going "my way"

Remember what he said in the beginning ?

This is Kim Jae Hee's own word and I quote

"수치에 연연하지 않는 게임을 만들겠습니다"

in translation

"We won't make games that adventurers focus heavily on numbers in game"

and he goes and makes renown score.

PA tasted money in BDO mobile.

Nothing can stop them now.

I guess we just have to hope for the better or quit

ODB3698 likes this.
  14. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

Way to twist his words.

When he said that he was referring to why there would never be numbers shown for damage. Because he believes that when you add the visibility of numbers to attacks that players begin chasing the fastest or most linear way to capitalize on damage since big numbers = strength = visible progress.

I remember exactly where that line from him came up because it is not the first time he has said that.

Mal'Ganis likes this.
  15. Claydough

Idk, im willing to give them a shot

This whole update to pvp is a work in progress, theyre not finished or even close to finishing the whole balence issue

The pvp in this game was dog ****, and the only way it was ever going to get better was to scrap the entire thing and build up from scratch just like theyre doing

The game is changing drastically and everyones gonna have to adapt to an entire new way of playing

TarkusBlack likes this.
  16. Nyhver

PA should hire me as lead balance designer and you as 2nd in command Irrelevant

I'd help you fulfill your tsuntsun character by overriding your balance decisions

it'd be great we could make a tv series out of it

with that being said these are terrible changes, the 3rd(?) wave of changes that are circulating about we'll have to see, but it's also really worrisome that we're not seeing the original changes reverted

Amerrante likes this.
  17. CasualNova

Its just as you said, that new Exec Dev comes with a vision and he will brute force that vision onto the game until it dies.

As long as the game is generating money, there is no need to care about user feedback at all.

Its just sad because to me this all started because of the retarded AP scaling patch in January. People started complaining about getting instagibbed because they buffed damage too much (which was fine previous to the patch), so they try and bring out all these little awful changes with renown and balance INSTEAD OF JUST REVERTING/TWEAKING the BASE problem: January patch.

Some classes definitely needed a damage boost back then, many others did not. And god forbid people didn't need an extra 30% damage boost on top so they could oneshot people through superarmor in a single ability.

JillValentime, Cyra, Kyouki and 2 others like this.
  18. Ruin7

MMOs are dumpster tier until Pantheon or DAOC. Besides, i recall OP mentioning AION so you know Korean Devs give .001 F!@#s about us, Asia loves P2W and 12 hours a day killing Boars and rng pvp ie godstones and other retarded stuff.

19. Blackhearted

Some say these changes are part of a greater picture.

Then why the f*** are they live?

ODB3698 likes this.
  20. Fluffinator

As a witch these changes hurt.

Cyra likes this.