1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this make any sense AT ALL????

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by SergiooLopess, Aug 16, 2019.

1. SergiooLopess

If I decided to play as a long range character (like a ranger) because I like the long range style, once I finish my awakening, instead of improving my long range skills I become some sort of rogue????
    Really????
    The whole journey as a long ranger character only to change my fighting style drastically after the ****IN AWAKENING????
    Am I missing something?

Dalenos likes this.
  2. Maginha

Yes, the ability to check the awas of your char you chose, you can easily check them beforehands.

Nevertheless, a lot of ppl are frustrated with this exact problem, which the devs alrdy said they gonna add "tradition" skilltree or smthing, where ranger can opt out of the close range dagger awa and gets an enhancement on/for his bow skills afaik

3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Actually, according to the Lore, the Ranger is a mixed long range / close range fighter, whom is supposed to be particularly adept at wielding the blade of Kamasylve ...although my lore is terrible and I should think @Whitrix may have better information regarding this.

Ubbles, Fateneko, Rilok and 4 others like this.
  4. nolasigns

Well, a wizard sets you on fire, then throws water on you. While hold his balls .

Luxea, DaveH, Maginha and 1 other person like this.
  5. Aiwen

Had the same problem with my first char :D "Awakened yay, wtf is this melee weapon on a caster"

SergiooLopess likes this.
  6. SergiooLopess

This totally fine for me, this is totally wizard.

Maginha likes this.
  7. Whitrix

Ambassador

Like @Andaro said, the Rangers (now called the Lemoria Guard / Lemoria Standing Rangers Army) are an organization of defenders of Kamasylvia that train with both sword and bow.
    Decades ago all elven factions crafted Kamasylven Swords out of the branches of the Kamasylve, but that led to a civil war.
    Nowadays, the Kamasylve itself lends the swords made out of its branches only to those Rangers considered worthy.

Fateneko, Stillwaters, Andaro and 2 others like this.
  8. SergiooLopess

Well it doesn't matter what the lore says, what is matter is the option of choose instead been forced to play with something you don't want.

Fateneko, Dalenos and Narktember like this.
  9. Whitrix

Ambassador

Before Archer was released I would have agreed with you. Right now, though, you have the option to play a full long range archer character (albeit not female).
    Remember that BDO does not release classes as, well, what is commonly known as a class in most other RPGs. You're not playing a random Warrior, or a random Wizard. You're playing a specific exmercenary from the Goyen's Mercenaries that vowed to take revenge for the death of his captain, and you're playing Lord Red, one of the leaders of the Godr-Ayed Thea in the Sage Dimension that went on a rampage and had to be imprisoned. Of course later you can say you're a random X class.

You may not like it, but it's the way Pearl Abyss has structured the game since the beginning.

10. SergiooLopess

This is all new for me, I've been playing black desert for a week.
    I saw the archer, I don't play with Male characters and I prefer the bow combat style of the Ranger instead the archer.
    Anyways thanks man for the attention

You see? what the **** this people is doing man???

#10 SergiooLopess, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2019
    Andaro and Whitrix like this.
  11. Sturmflut666

ohhh, so thats why they nerfed ranger. Its to ensure that they cant hurt each other anymore with their puny swords and useless bows, combined with stamina costs that let them fall in coma before they manage to kill someone else.

Eryola, SergiooLopess and Maginha like this.
  12. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I get you're frustrated but for such massive game it's a good idea to do some research. Did you not know awakenings were a thing? If you did why didn't you bother to see what that might before you picked the class you were interested in?

On the bright side it's only been a week and this game is a long haul and alts are highly advised/needed. See if you like witch. If not then you can make an Archer that looks like a lady.... Probably not hard to do and I wouldn't be surprised if there are already templates for that in the beauty albums.

SergiooLopess likes this.
  13. Sturmflut666

And i can understand how you feel regarding the awakening. I played back in the old times before awakening, had a longer break and came back after awakening release. My first thought when i saw rangers awakening was something like
    [​IMG]
    But in this game its very important to find out which classes are the dev's favorites, which ones have a temporarily high and which ones are forsaken for a better good, since the differences in terms of pvp and pve potential between the classes is ways higher than in other games with a functional balancing. Google it or ask players you trust which classes you can play and which not before you create your character.

Maginha, Dalenos and Stillwaters like this.
  14. Hekki

Awakening in this game is a ********. It should open alternative patch for character. Not change character playstyle and what is even worse forcing to use both sets of weapons sometime even in single combo. Awakening in this game is a ********. It should open alternative patch for character, not change character playstyle and what is even worse forcing to use both sets of weapons sometime even in single combo.

15. Narktember

Narktember Narktember DarkKnight 61 NA

these lore nerds blaming the bad game on lore, why is lore so damn important for bdo when for any other game it doesn't matter

16. LithicForm

LuL 2016 called and wanted its post back

People complaining about the differences between pre and post awakening in the days of Trial Characters blow my mind.

Fateneko, Faythscar and Stillwaters like this.
  17. Narktember

don't you think this is one of bdo's faults maybe? mmo's should be rp friendly and that doesn't mean having pre established lore but instead giving players the options to play as whoever the **** they want.

you can argue all you want that the lore is good or this is the way PA has always been so you should accept it but in my opinion it is in need of fixing

18. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I am sorry to inform you, but many games build their characters around the lore of their games, and BDO is no exception. Even many of the changes that have come over time have reinforced that. Thus, such appears the desire of those whom code, and thusly so it is.

upload_2019-8-16_16-32-30.png

19. Narktember

but are those games good? and I don't see how multiple characters of different players all with the same lore makes sense. Like every warrior wants revenge for the death of his captain or every wizard is lord red? That doesn't work in an MMO.

and nothing is ever too late to be changed.

20. Hekki

You think the lore is not important for games like WoW or L2?