1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Ban em.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prochilles

Yes, I quit BDO.
    Yes, I hate BDO.
    Yes, I can still be impartial.

Simply going by the patch notes and observations made by Vert (twitch...vert), it is clear that this event was designed for doing this exact thing, yet only a few were apparently aware of the possibilities. You are all upset at the "exploiters" instead of those that created, once again, another trash/broke event.

upload_2020-3-30_19-29-30.png
    upload_2020-3-30_19-30-55.png

This directly states HOW to "exploit" this event. If not, who is this for (above patch notes)? What real new player is going to use this? The only possible scenario is finally convincing a friend to play after explaining the potential value of this event. There was no happy ending (LUL) for this event, either new players where going to be asked to join a guild, asked for scrolls and dumped, all the new players were going to create a guild and utilize an extreme catch-up mechanic, or this exact thing was going to happen.

This is on devs/pa/kaokao or whoever.

However, "Don't ban em" is overstating what I do actually believe, just to make a point. I think more irritation should be at those who created the event without seeing the obvious issues and correcting them, but the people who did this seem to have gone out of their way to hide who they were, indicating they knew it was likely something worthy of a ban, such as an exploit.

(This is very similar to the #Cha-Ching archepass exploit in archeage, which those who actively did this exploit effectively ruined the game, literally, so I understand how big of a deal it is, much like how detrimental sea monsters were. This does need to have a correction to the silver etc. gained, but I personally don't think it should lead to banning of players. )

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Know whats gonna be funny..When this exact same thing happens on the console version.
    Its like PA/Kakeo expects us to be free bug testers.

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

And under that it says dont abuse it. This idea that players aren't responsible for their own actions is hilarious. Go back to where ever you are lurking these days and stay there. Got enough clowns here.

PS. Ban them ban them all.

Wodahs, Rizzly, Camouflage and 18 others like this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Perma ban all of them. There is no justification for this activity.

Wodahs, Loukaine, Cerulias and 8 others like this.
  5. Wrapped In Plastic

Why do people not understand how ridiculous this argument is? As humans we are expected to use our own judgement on what is right, and what is wrong. The vast majority of players were able to recognize this as being WRONG and refrained from exploiting it. Others knew it was wrong, and still chose to do it. Very few actually believed what they were doing was perfectly fine. Even still, if you commit a crime ignorance of the law doesn't protect you, same thing here.

6. NexusMercer

Ban. Them. All.

Wodahs, Loukaine, drath and 2 others like this.
  7. Nerds

OP clearly abused and is scared af

Wodahs, Naviko, Souda and 5 others like this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

ROFL, OP quit the game awhile ago. Around the last time PA let people get away with this garbage, and started allowing whales the ability to exploit via costume melting.

Not everything is a nail. Put away the hammer an pitchforks.

#8 Kynreaa, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Fearless V and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ban them and be thorough in your investigations kakao. dont miss any rats pls.

10. Thanosmeansdeath

They need to be banned temporarily and docked more than the amount of silver they earned from this exploit to account for inflation. If they don't get punished, honest hard-working players who don't cheat will not want to play against exploiters who retain the massive silver exploit advantage on them.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. The_Lord

12. WhySoSeeryus

chances are its not their first rodeo anyway. but kakao rarely punishes for exploits. thats why cheaters got so cocky in multiple ways.

Wodahs and Prochilles like this.
  13. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

Let's not forget that PA had the exact same event for KR well over a year ago, yet Kakao did nothing to fix/tweak it before implementation here after that incident (granted, it was so severe because of the fact SSN's were being stolen and used for account creation purposes).

Kakao had plenty of time to get it sorted out if it was such an issue, not to mention the countless messages GMs received for days, even weeks over this.

14. LightningFFXIII-4

GM's should login to their accounts, trash all their gear, then have them jump off cron castle into the water, then delete the accounts while on Livestream.

15. Prochilles

Clowns aren't an issue, however people creating their own interpretations from what others say, telling them what to do, and name calling, just because of a opposing view, is always an issue.

16. Prochilles

I think I quit when manos clothes finally came out. I thought it was going to renew my love for the game, but it didn't. I'm not too sure what you are meaning here though.

17. WhySoSeeryus

i would watch and personally spend many pearls in cash shop for that "event" :D

Hondo_Lane and Reverielle like this.
  18. Block_Chain

Any exploit or abnormal ways of entering in-game events may result in the restriction of your account. The GM's just specified that they have confirmed a guild or guilds exploited this event. This post was so 3 days ago. We are past the part where you try and defend yourself.

19. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Heh,Its just typical how people automatically assume you exploited, cause you dont agree with their point of view.
    Reminds me of the old X-men cartoons and the friends of humanity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.