1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't be upset about pearl costume extraction

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Factorial

So pearl abyss has given you a way to make the painful enhancement system more tolerable with the use of real money.

Why be angry at that? You don't have to spend a dime to get a better chance because you have the cephas system as well.

Enjoy the game. If anything, costume extraction will generate a ton of money for the game which equals future development and sustain. This is the most important thing. Remember, this is a business first and foremost.

Mgp, Shayniiah and Strycer like this.
  2. FckinEnchant

Problem, reaction, solution!

They could have adjusted enchanting made it easier; for example, remove failstack % cap etc..... etc.... (there were many good suggestions from the player base) release caphras and been done with the whole thing players would be happy.

But nope they left it as pure cancer and then and then indirectly say "hey we realise the enchanting is cancer so here is P2W to make it easier" lol

This is how governments work to get what they want! Create the problem, you react, they provide the solution. However the solution ends up being something no one wanted and one that benefits them. But you accept it cause hey at least it's a solution (but not the best solution).

What's the bet they increase failure rate why they're at it too? I bet Enchanting is going to be 10x more cancer than it is now to get that money flowing from your pocket into theirs.

Fearless V, Holy Other and Strycer like this.
  3. Strycer

Strycer Kunoichi 61 EU

agreed to both.

Why not just removing all those useless time-advantage Items and make them obtainable for ingame Money.
    This game is so beautiful, it would be enough to sell Skin related Items for real Money. It surely isn't continuous income (1 Outfit for 1 Player) but there are other "Skin related" Ways to get more income without cancer Items.

Its just so stupid...

Kenwulf likes this.
  4. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

Well they could straightly add it to cash shop , now every1 will roll of customes in mp even if they already got it several times , wich will make it even harder than it is right now to get , and about the money going to development ,they can add other ways to earn money add new cash shop mounts n skins , new better looking outfits ,the developers rly need some creativity for cash shop customes ,plz atleast remove the outfit extraction from the 1 we buy from marketplace:(

5. Feyti

Dota2 is the perfect example of how successful a full F2P game can be. They make shitloads of money with cosmetics because they add some all the time and people like to customize their characters.
    They started like that in bdo too then were like : We need more greediness !

6. Jensen

i still dont understand how people can be so stupid
    i mean honestly

one of kakaos biggest ceos is worth 3.5 bil alone and is koreas richest person
    kakao is multibillion dollar company

and here you are thinking that by buying pearls youre helping them pay for the servers

WhySoSeeryus, Mimimimi and Wuss like this.
  7. Wildcard

So, you think he will pay with his private money if the servers arent profitable, Jensen? Don't think so. If there isn't a win, they just turn the servers of *shrug*

8. Mimimimi

upload_2018-8-24_11-16-8.png

50% return on investment .. yeah we have to support them with every penny we can spend.

source: http://wc.onoffjoin.com/pearlabyss/111/EN

9. quitscher

quitscher ChyChan Witch 63 EU

Do you know that they need the money so bad, that if they dont get it the servers will go down? They might only wonna make more profit... How about making they monthly profits or losses public, so that people can see themselfs?

10. Kenwulf

Yeah, but that takes effort though. P2w doesn't. Honestly, at this point I think it's a cultural thing. Koreans seem to be extremely lazy with no work ethic. At least based on how the companies behind every Korean mmo act.

11. Zygmunt

I am a player, not a f... charity. If the company can't make money before they waste it on new graphics while throwing away playerbase's trust with the other hand, they can get rekt.

quitscher likes this.
  12. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

lul

13. Solo322

Its easy because they have steam workshop where users can create skins, bdo doesn't.

14. Escapism

the korean company Kakao is not the same as the publisher of bdo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakao -> basically the "korean google".

They have nothing to do with "Kakao Games" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakao_Games), which btw. is still the same company since release, just renamed from Daum. Also, Kakao Games Europe B.V. is just a subsidiary of Kakao Games, at the top its still the koreans in charge of our na/eu publishers.

15. Wildcard

Where have I implied they are badly in NEED of money? I said he wont pay with his personal money, and that no company will run something that doesnt give them profit. Of course they want to make more money, they are a company, after all, not some relief agency?

16. Jensen

they literally own kakao_games my dude

youre basically saying bioware has nothing to do with EA

17. Escapism

But Kakao's profits arent from Kakao Games/BDO. I'd bet they would barely even care or notice if bdo would shut down, thats not even a % for them total.

18. Jensen

just as most of EAs profits are not from bioware to come back to my analogy

it doesnt matter what %, they still own it and they still expect it to bring them $

19. United_Strafes

Na, they could have reworked what is the most God awful enchantment system ever several times over. This is a cash grab, nothing else.

Also a good reason for it, no new players are staying to spend money on stupid **** like inventory, pets and weight, with no new players spending they need new ways to make veterans who have bought all the dumb **** long ago to spend more. It'll only get worse, I quit BnS for this exact same reason will end up quitting this too.