1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont nerf sea monsters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Claydough, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ghoulz666

That's a long list of excuses. That cannon is a hell of a lot cheap than TET gear to grind hysteria.

It's just more micro. That doesn't = hard.

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. Srich

A PEN item? you have no clue of what a pen item means in term of raw silver.. you sit in your pleb pen kalis staff which costed like 4 M and you believe you can talk about pen attemps ?
    The more time pass the more troll and delusional you became

RageAgainst likes this.
  3. Srich

In korea near to none do that activity because the real whales there can simply p2w the **** out of pearl market to make easy silver. That why its not been nerfed because almost no one care about that **** and thats also the reason why the profit is so high. But dont worry the cry train in this forum is good enought to make it nerfed in a couple of months

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  4. Mana_Mafia

This alone will not do anything to solve the problem, only mask certain symptoms of it while creating a new host of issues.

RageAgainst likes this.
  5. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Lmao, look at how delusional you are. Just like everyone else who has the audacity to defend sea monster hunting in its current state.

Lol, you don't need RNG. You just don't have to be an idiot. But then again you tried to hunt with cannons, cause even though the ramming stuff was "public" knowledge for 3 months+ you still somehow managed to remain clueless about it.

Killing is the easiest thing about it and takes less than 5 minutes, git gud. Sailing back to Port Ratt when your maps (yes plural, cause yet another exploit in the form of character tagging) are on CD is the most time consuming thing about that whole ordeal.

How is this even worth mentioning. You can kill sea monsters without losing a single drop of boat HP.

Mana_Mafia and RageAgainst like this.
  6. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

if u know it better, do it your own! easy money for you.... but u know its not that easy.

7. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

I know it's easy, do you think I'm pulling all this info out of my arse and rely on hearsay?

8. Life Aries

Everything you listed here is either wrong or not nearly as hard as you make it out.

Building epheria sailboat is nothing, and if you refuse to acknowledge that you can do just as much damage using a sailboat versus a frigate which easily takes 5x as much work and is supposed to be for battle as an obvious exploit, you are delusional.

RageAgainst likes this.
  9. Dringe

Don't need to nerf sea monsters, just fix the boats. Fix ramming for starters.
    Ramming in its current form is just dumb. Insane turn speed + loads of damage especially since you get Back Attack most of the time.
    Once you start to ram you should be committed to that direction with only marginal angle adjustments. There is no way a boat should be able to make nearly 360 turns while ramming at full speed.

K-KANSEI DORIFTO?!

10. Life Aries

inb4 360 no scope ramming videos

11. MozezCore

I think the issue that most "pro sea monster hunting" plebs dont understand is, that it does not lead to any advantage in the long run. Just everybody will do sea monsters. Everybody will have much silver and pre-order prices will be x10 for everyone.
    The only difference is that all other activities in the game will be irrelevant.

RageAgainst likes this.
  12. CaptDew

I've built both ships and have used both for sea monster hunting. Idk where these billions ppl say other guilds get . For example
    I'll kill for example 3 hykaru then stop and repair. Ok theres 20 to 30 mill for the guild. Kill few more maybe 70 mil for this run . then repeat. Days later only end up with 2 .100 mill items
    So in a week bring in not even a bil . And takes up all the time I have so I really dont ser where ppl r getting 20 bill income per person per week . None of my m8s or friends can come close to this figure . Now idk if I'm missing something here . But those 100 mil items dont drop all that often at least for us .
    We do kill ninesharks and condidums and black rusts as well.
    I'm just not seeing were the problem with sea hunting is and mainly because alot of my m8s do hunt regularly and bring in nowhere near what ppl claim.

And if there r guilds out there that have 50 ppl out hunting so hard that they bank out massive payouts. Then my hats off to you guys for organising and getting ppl involved
    That's alot of work to kill enough to get payout in bills.
    For ppl complaining about those guilds. Either it in a guild that dont hunt. Or just dont have the ppl to go out or want to go out. If that bothers you then maybe change guilds or get more ppl to build ships get involved more.
    I do feel the mechanics could use some more tweaking. like boosting cannon dmg. 2 shots equals a ram. Makes the cannons viable . The ram is fine as is as solo hunting it's almost required to kill. But would be nice to have some more choice to use something other than just ram.

#92 CaptDew, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    WaifuJanna likes this.
  13. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

You're already doing it wrong by wasting time killing useless Hekarus.

And for this whole "just change guild and participate xddddd" argument: How are people not able to see how detrimental sea monster hunting is to the game. It devaluates every other activity, be it lifeskilling or actually grinding. It's a cheap, braindead activity to amass an unfair amount of silver. Sea monster hunting adds nothing to the marketplace, it prevents lifeskillers from filling the marketplace as well. Cause if you're not doing sea monsters right now, you're playing the game wrong.

Hyperinflation at its finest, soon to be Weimar Republic Online.

Blackhearted and RageAgainst like this.
  14. Dringe

If that's really the case then you're not ramming very well, you don't take a lot of damage if you ram quickly and abuse the turn speed, especially a hekaru which is probably the easiest of the sea monsters (not counting baby ones). The only thing you'd really worry about would be running out of boat power.
    If I've been able to take down a large pirate ship solo with losing only 20% of my boat's HP then I can only imagine what an experienced sailor or a group can pull off.

RageAgainst likes this.
  15. CaptDew

I lose around 20 to 30% after 3 of them . I dont like going low. I ram them wait till the swim out from me then take off ram and repeat idk about the insta turn ppl say I personally wouldnt use it. Theres no need to. They always swim straight out from the ship anyway

16. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Actually it puts more jingle jangle in the pockets of accessory grinders.

So no, it doesn't devalue grinding.

As for lifeskilling, there are activities that are still highly worth.

17. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Enhance your armor.

18. Skittletits

You say its a cheap brain dead activity. So in the beginning and to the point were SMH came into the game.. What were all those activities? Grinding = Brain Dead Activity
    LIfe Skilling = Brain Dead Activity/AFK
    Fishing = AFK or guess what Brain Dead Activity
    Trade Packs = Another Brain Dead Activity

Those things we been doing for soooooo long now that ofc people are going to jump on the next big thing. Its something new and its something Fresh other than doing the other "Brain Dead Activities"

So when my buddy Lefty, Set up a trade pack EMPIRE and every week he would make 500m to my 60m grinding mobs.. Was that fair? but did you see NERFS on that as well? or want this or that...

You fawks make no damn sense. You literally just a bunch of pissed off nerds that want to see something nerfed b/c you believe its killing the market which it isnt..

Players are just bored of grinding for the low chances of fawking items that they want... we been doing it for YEARS!!!

19. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Unless you're some 280 AP Sorc/Ranger sitting in Valencia castle and doing Hystria grinding simply isn't worth it in comparison.

This "highly worth" flat out pales compared to what you do with sea monster hunting. Holy fuсk, stop trying to downplay it. Every sea monster exploiter soiling their panties once people are talking about it in plain terms.

RageAgainst likes this.
  20. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Sea monsters require even less skill than the already braindead grinding activities. Simple as. If I go Aakman with double digit IQ I won't be efficient. If I do sea monsters with double digit IQ I still pull in more money than doing Aakman properly.

Simply bring it down in line with all other activities in terms of income, that's all what people are asking for. And rightfully so.