1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom horse ruining Nodewar experience

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by rootborn, Sep 26, 2019.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

the whole "cron and coupon dat horse to get super batmobile op vehicle" crap has gone too far.... it is really ruining the experience. i dont see how its fun even for doom riders to be reduced to that one dimensional gameplay.

VardaSkaya, HighAsAKite and Kaylynae like this.
  2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

same reasons why ppl exploit/cheating/hacking, they are winning, for them "Victory" is entire goal, and then, when they left alone as no one want to play with them, they are complain about "dead game" which they killed.
    tl dr - Only alpha chads ride Doom horse.

3. WhySoSeeryus

yea, guilds with 50+ gearscore advantage coming to t2 nodewars looking "for challenge" (getting that xxx:x kda) will probably in some future cry how there are few guilds willing to play nodewars and how nw scene is dead.

4. Kaylynae

Kaylynae Keloh Lahn 62 NA

Ok.
    The player who really enjoy Doom won't probably come here to defend it. Because the reason why he or she want a Doom horse was it's style and look and speed and things like it.

Right, I have a Doom horse. And I don't want to see it deleted because some people cry on forum for nerf or removal.
    I wait a long time the release of it, work hard to get it, spend a lot of silver and time to awaken it, use my only T8 courser to get it. just because I love the way he look. And you'll ask me to say goodbye to it? It's a NO.
    I don't use it to do pvp : to hard and rather fight on foot (with my Lahn). I don't even use it for grinding. It's to slow.

Those who defend it here was that kind of people who spend money or silver to get it as the FOTM, cause the player base was like that. Find any ways to f*** the game, make other's experience a total s*** by taking the best class (or in that case, the best horse). At first, that kind of people didn't care about Doom... until someone say : Hey! Doom can ruin player experience! why don't we use it to ruin the game a little more?

And Doom was hated by now, because of those Sh**ty players.

I will defend my Doom as long as I can.

DOOM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WAY PLAYERS USE IT!!!

They can nerf its damage if they want, BUT NOT REMOVED IT!!!!!!!

(Ok I contradict myself. I really enjoy Doom, and I came here to defend it. I was thinking about others when I wrote that line... ;) )

5. WhySoSeeryus

i doubt people meant literally removing the horse from the game.

Fateneko, Factorial and Ben Phoenix like this.
  6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

No one asking to remove Doom.
    - Nerf damage - Doom basically don't care about DP.
    - Apply CC counters - stunlocks for the win.
    - Fix point to move direction change - its not exploit to change you direction 180 with mouse click right ?
    - Fix attack speed based on FPS - its not exploit to use 3-4 skills in timeframe of 1 right ?

As for riding - Doom horse is the best.

VardaSkaya likes this.
  7. Kaylynae

Kaylynae Keloh Lahn 62 NA

*sight* It's so sad to see how players are able to find the tiny thing they can exploit to make something look really bad.

Can't continue that conversation, gotta go to work.

But it's not over!!! I will fight with my Doom..... heeeee... ^^' fight for my Doom! ;)

8. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

most sad part is, ppl who run with +290ap prefer to use doom cuz it does more dmg and easyer fragging rofl...

9. Rinnagans

Rinnagans Tamer 10

This one statement sum up my experience in BDO :) lol

10. Prim nw

As nr1 doom abuser myself, yes doom needs nerfs

But even with doom removed from pvp, there's just so much wrong with the state of siege/nodewars i don't see anything drasticly changing. Every siege/nodewar i've joined past 6 weeks the opposing guilds sat inside their bases, hugging flametowers and fences, coming out with spawn protection and 100%'ing the raid... BDO largescale can barely be called 'pvp' anymore, it's more about abusing the stupid amounts of broken stuff they added (flametowers, stuntraps, fences, terrain, ranged cc's, 100%'s..) Noone is actually trying to outplay one another anymore, it's just go in oneshot some people and get out/die. (unless u're a ninja or sorc i suppose u can maybe have some fun by avoiding aoe dmg untill the server decides ur time has come)

Either way, i think if they make Doom E skill have a 15s cooldown on the cc it should be fine.

Maginha likes this.
  11. Bellus_Puella

just accept that Doom Horse is a top tier PvP class and is a great example of the quality of BDO's PvP

12. WhySoSeeryus

pointers to fixing the game a bit:

t9 horse madness needs to be reworked.

black spirit rage nukes should be removed completely or reworked into some sort of utility. rage feeding should be removed or that gained rage should ONLY be usable for fueling 200% skills.

q buff on zerkers needs to be tweaked somehow.

PA needs to be reworked or at least it should not be chainable on people.

iframes should be balanced a bit, question is how.

fort locations should be revised, to prevent cancer spots on nodewars.

cannons shouldnt be placeable on unrealistic positions (trees etc, anywhre where a real cannon would selfdestruct from firing 1 shot even if someone managed to physically place it there.)

gear gaps should be lowered, but honestly i dont see how besides toning down or even removing caphras bonuses from pen gear.

VardaSkaya and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. ghoulz666

I don't know why people think the devs are ever going to bother balancing the game. Everything they do now has to involve nickle and diming your wallet.

When have they actually made something with legit game play depth and not some copy and paste garbage?

14. warriors

15. WisedudeBlack

As a zerker I would have no problem if they tweaked our Q.But then they would need to tweak others skills to balance things out.I dont like being a mostly 1 trick wonder.

16. Hekki

Well.. it ruin experience only for Witch/Wizard/Archers... for other classes that content is far more balanced because this is not only for Witch/Wizard/Archers anymore.

17. TeRRoRibleOne

There are so many pepega comments in this thread. Doom horses are stupidly broken. They actually ruin fights. You shouldn't be able to kill people using the damn horse skills because it scales with your AP. I can understand them destroying cannons and flags, but players is dumb. Not only that, they shouldn't have CC's.

Diazine and Blitzball like this.
  18. Roechacca

It's obviously called a "Doom" horse for a reason. J/k

Fateneko and Factorial like this.
  19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

"They actually ruin fights"

..No, the Doom horse is not the problem that is ruining fights...Its the broken balance, and PvP ,. The lack of Dmg numbers covers up the glaring flaws with the games engine.

The doom horse is just another symptom of the many many issues that plague this game.

20. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

I think the devs know they're manning a sinking ship and are doing nothing but finding ways to pick up buckets to scoop up water in the ship and dump out to keep it afloat. It's sad for me to admit, but if things continue the way it is now, the game will be completely dead in 2 years.

When will anything actually get improved? 3 year old game and I still rubber-band when i-framing off a house's roof. WTF is this sh*t???