1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Double Ferries and Ferries dumping you in the middle of the ocean

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Desmodon, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Desmodon

Earlier today I tried to take the ferry to Port Ratt from Lema Island.

When I boarded the boat over to Ratt, it was doubled up on another ship. When I got on, as soon as we got into the sea (Ross) I got magically sunken into the mid part of the ship and couldn't move.

After 45 minutes it dumped me in Port Ratt and I breathed a sigh of relief.

When attempted to come back, the ship was singular and not doubled up, so I think hey, this is good and hop on.

So I take to fishing on the ride, and half my stuff comes up empty (as in no loot box after 7-10 letter combos). Some loot, some don't. No predictable pattern.

Just as we get mid way in the Magorian sea, just touching Ross Sea, my character gets stuck inside the ferry again, but this time, it just dumps me out in the ocean and leaves me there fearing for my life from a nine-shark or candi. There was nothing around. Escape wouldn't work.

I ended up up blowing 500 loyalty to call a rescue ship when my stamina ran out.

Here's my beef: I should not have to blow 500 loyalty on item after taking an in-game SAFE ferry from Lema to Ratt. If I had died and lost a percentage in experience for something that wasn't even my fault, that would have pissed me off.

Can I at the very least get my 500 loyalty back from this bug? So frustrating.

2. Andaro

Ambassador

you probably wont get any loyalties refund.

As far as the bug goes, you basically "fell off the ship" which is only possible if your character somehow is stationary or "fixed in location" while the ship is in motion. This is can sort of understood by "jumping" up in the air....when you jump, you notice the ship keeps moving but you do not. So, my hypothesis might be that somehow the fishing "grounded" you, while the boat was in motion and it continued on its path without you.

Strange bug indeed.

The double ferries at the wharf is not necessarily a bug, just bad rotational timing, meaning at some point the ferries "route times" off-synced.....think of it, as when planets eventually align....you see this in veila occasionally

3. GM BBrilliant

Game Master