1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DP scaling

Discussion in 'Guides' started by adyvalsa, May 15, 2017.

1. adyvalsa

Hi everybody
    Since I haven't found any good post about how much dmg reduction dp actually gives

I have done my quick dp stats reasearch and the results weren't as satisfying as i hoped for, i dont have 100% secure conclusions, but i got to estrapolate some datas out of it anyway.

Just for those who dont know, each % point u get of dmg reduction is more valuable, in every other game, its harder to get the "next" 1% dmg reduction 'cause its worth more (for clear example if u have 0%, the 1% more is actually 1% of the dmg, at 98%, that 1% is 50% of the incoming dmg).
    In BDO i'm not sure about it, but as u can see from the graphs its either linear (which is already great) or even parabolic, meaning that every next point in dp you get, doesn't just gives you more dmg reduction, but makes every dp point u already had, worth more.

With that in mind i think that the dp scaling of BDO is actually pretty good! In the uploaded version i'm not sure u can see the graphs and trendlines in it, but the functions i use to calculate the extrapolated data come from there, and i didnt just made them up.

Every hit was from a 100% crit skill and with the same amount of AP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sca4TcC59CYIqAne_WI4u58AHCKEGQYm0ZmHX7cvUXQ/edit?usp=sharing

2. Dangce

looks like you get higher % dmg reduction with more dp???
    and every dp is almost same valuable untill 300?

not really convincing and i think there is this possible dp rework incoming in the future.
    and with 281 dps i doubt if you have evasion gear on?

3. adyvalsa

if with the increase of dp the dmg reduction is linear, then u dont have that "higher % dmg reduction with more dp", but the graph is better approximated with a curve... thats why i said i cant conclude "facts".

For the evasion, all i wanted was to calculate the dmg reduction, so it was actually better without evasion ( i had muskan on me ) but i didnt took in consideration hits that where too much out of the average 'cause of the possible evasion (the hits where 4x X% dmg, so if it was at 25%+ out of the average i didnt took it in consideration.

All i want to display here is the dmg red% that you get at "every" dp amount. I'm pretty sure it is in between the linear and non-linear approximation i made.

4. why_me

why_me Valkyrie