1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duel for names, again...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LordSeige, Aug 26, 2020.

1. LordSeige

Every time that someone want to create a new character they have to fight against the message of the name already taken....

That does not make sense at all because we already have a family name.
    Why not just use only the family name for chat and let us take any name we want? That let us more freedom to chose the name because in the real life everyone can have repeated first names. They have a last name to set the difference.

Anyways, most of us already use chat in this way.

2. Catastigma

upload_2020-8-26_12-25-47.png

Tested a random name and boom success.

Character name dont matter like you say.
    simply use a auto-generate name. 8D

LordHashashouin
    LordHashashitaky
    LordRocklookDeep
    Hashalordoshin
    Hashashinosama
    Hashishoshishu
    Hashampoo
    Hashakoi
    Hashachtag
    Hashaburger
    Hashaonion
    Hashachiminophene.
    Hashaizo
    Hashadoncare

#2 Catastigma, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

Aladdin was taken
    :sadkitty:

4. BlueSatin_old

Is not a bad idea at all.
    I have had problems finding a name, including generated or composed ones.

Think about it...

- Using only family names for all refered to community content like chat can help not create ambiguity because people can mention you by your family name or by your character's name, and others do not understand who it is referring to. And we are cleaning one of the filters so less packages to the server and back.

- In party, if you change to other character, the name in the HUD changes so can generate some chaos until everyone knows who is the new member, but if the name is the one of your family, they know that no one changed, and the icon of the class already shows the class you are.

- That let you get the name that you want for your caracters because you are the only one that can read them, and you can distinguish between them and not with ugly composed names that breaks all the rolplay inmersion. You would not have to appeal to generators, or look for elaborate names so that the new characters would have easier access to the world.

- Your character name can be used only for texts in quest lines to maintain the history, because no one can read the text in them except you.

- HUD can be more clean in that way (Guild UI, Platoon UI, Party UI, Chat messages)

Nannyberry and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. Andaro

Ambassador

Never really had trouble coming up with a name..... But most of my alternate characters are usually either Lord(name), Lady(name), Sister(name), Brother(name), etc...

Add a title prefix before, or a sufficx afterwords

My Hashashin, named him PrinceFahad,

"Fahad name meaning in Urdu – The name Fahad comes from the Arabic language which translates to “leopard” or “Panther”. ... Fahad meaning resonates with cooperative, sympathetic, adaptable, and balanced"

Googling baby names of other languages is a fun place to start for a name mashup

6. BlueSatin_old

I tried including with latin or scientific names of flowers from everywhere and colors.
    But again, suffix or prefix can broke role play in many ways... and using a single way of communication with a unique name (not ambiguation of family and character name) can be good for the community.

Or do you think that the examples that I put are not valid in some way?

7. Andaro

Ambassador

?hmm

Oh idk, I was only commenting on how to come up with a name when they all seem take OwO

8. Claydough

You know, its not such a bad idea

there’s no reason we need to have 2 seperate unique names

9. Aurasormr

Maybe try to find an arabic-ish name ? there are a couple that are not toooooo bad.

also +1Hashampoo ( but i think its only funny in german.. because Hair kinda sounds like Haa - making it Haar-shampoo )

10. Toshiro3D

Actually I'm grateful that there is "fight for name" thanks to this I was kind of forced to create something unique, something that is 100% made by me. It took some time to create names, but it was worth it.