1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Duel for spot"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AdmiralDuck, Mar 29, 2018.

1. REdaccs

some day i will learn what ? that trash RBF pvp reflecting Node war/Sieges ? did you hear about coordination and team play ? You don't need any of those for RBF. RBF is just a clown fiesta of gear/class/desync. Oh yes main element ROFL
    P.S. I'm relatively new player and only doing RBF for quest so basically 1-5 times a day, right now i'm at 600+ points, how much RBF points you have? just to make clear you know what you talking about.

2. Syloka

The community is so toxic.

I'm a new player. As a 410GS Sorc with not a lot of playtime, I suck a lot at PvP. Even if I were good at it, Sorc is a trash tier PvP class requiring an insane amount of skill and practice while a lot of other classes are stupidly broken and easy to play.

So even if I'm more of a PvE player, I get killed, always. Every time somebody is coming on the spot I'm farming at, it's "spot taken" or "duel for spot"... What a disrepect, I was there before... At pirates, it's even worse, they just kill me and if I come back they may declare war and chainkill me.

They ruined my game experience. But now I'll take my revenge. I will reroll something brokenly overpowered and very braindead just like mystic, striker or Ninja, and my only goal will be to be a toxic cancer player.

I will do all I can to ruin their game experience just like they ruined mine. That's Black Desert.

Mana_Mafia and Columba like this.
  3. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

and this is reason why it makes rbf harder than nw/sieges, now imagine if you manage survive and play your role in rbf w/o getting pa/heal calls how much easier it will get when you have them?
    also as skirmish class its easier to fight againts guild, cuz after they made 1st pa you will know that there will be more pa folows and with quick maffs countdown good to go in

4. Nyhver

My favorite past time

that's what everyone should do

prove me wrong

you can't

you described NWs

xd

#64 Nyhver, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    LogicaI likes this.
  5. REdaccs

please before we continue conversation answer how much RBF points do you have and how often you do RBF.

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

This thread is just aids all around. Dueling for a spot is retarded. You want a spot take it or defend it, flag up quit being *******.

This made me laugh, I think you should have stuck with just the facts and ended with "I suck a lot at PvP."

TheReason, Mana_Mafia and Ad Astra like this.
  7. FrozenReaper

15k... i used to do daily atleast 5-10 matches, but recently have been getting fcked by rng hard so playing more FPS games and only attending nw/sieges

8. Syloka

Tamer may be a very hard class too. But what do you exactely know about Sorc?

9. Alicia Dominica

Personally I find that any kind of code of conduct does not work in a game like this, we all have our own ideas of how the game should be played and what not. If it's not strictly enforced through game mechanics, I won't acknowledge it. As others have said before, no guarantee that someone will leave over a lost duel or no guarantee that a few mins later some other person comes along who doesn't acknowledge dueling for spots.

That said, I won't interrupt your grind session on purpose. In turn, if you interrupt mine, you pay the karma for it. That's how I play the game, no need to argue about it while I have xp buffs running. If I'm grinding then that's what I wanna do, if I want decent PvP, I play another game.

Arreyanne likes this.
  10. Rayin

Because you annoy them to death with your speeches that leads to nowhere so they leave as soon as their buffs expire as they don't want to read essay and see you swap character to bypass the list?

I agree, you never learnt that many of us (forum users) don't like your threads, yet you can't hold yourself from opening more.

Flares, fireworks, i always carry some. If i need to declare, it takes one second to check the guild of my opponent. However fighting someone with a cyan ghillie suit at night in a place full of bushes for one hour straight is another matter.

That's a "pot calling the kettle black" scenario, you never learnt to respect others or other's opinion and you show it daily basis and if they do not agree with you, ad personam are your dearest friend.

11. REdaccs

So thats mean you blow up you gear and now you "useless", and you complain about RBF reflecting pvp ? Its like saying "personal skill matter" in team based FPS games.:|

12. Shirolicious

I agree with you... While if someone goes out of their way and say "Duel for Spot?" I find it hard to decline them because they asked instead of just flagging up without warning. To lesser extend I can appreciate people who just flag up as well.

I hate the types who just come in your rotation and try to kill your mobs and refuse to duel or flag up.

13. FrozenReaper

cant blow up gear when you have backup wise.png

but it will get frustrating to spent billions and not get anything, so why not just afk process and play FPS meanwhile?

nethkhadar likes this.
  14. PronkG

Yeah. This is what I do as well.

I’m grinding XP usually with buffs and the intent to make as much money/hour as possible.

I don’t even respond to ‘duel for spot’. Usually they get frustrated and kill me. I just let them so I can Elion tear/nodespawn and send them to jail.

15. NESTINAR

"Duel for spot"
    XAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAX

16. PoL

PoL Wizard

So, in the 1st line, you say you are a bigger **** than anyone else - not you could be, you ARE.

I will have to disagree with you on your next paragraph. They do NOT dare you, they give you the opportunity to be either kind or a twat to your fellow players. If you are a lazy SOB, with little to no self control and you do not have an empathetic bone in your body (i.e you are a sociopath) AND you have a serious victim complex, the only way you respond to pixels appearing in your line of vision is to hit them. You believe that you have a right to, and so you act on that. Why? because you are a lazy SOB, with little to no self control and you do not have an empathetic bone in your body (i.e you are a sociopath) AND you have a serious victim complex. Nothing DARES you to do anything.

Now lets analyse the game that "allows" this.

Many game producers/devs know that to introduce conflict into a resource scarce environment will appeal. Hence the levelling, grinding with only 1/2 areas that produce a result that allows "quick" increase produces the required environment. Put sociopaths mindset into it and you get a conflict requirements. But that doesn't mean that you have to have that mindset.

You have a choice. Mine is that if I come across someone that wishes to be a sociopath, I don't spend my valuable grinding time doing something that doesn't produce a positive result (which PvP doesn't imo) and I move channel or do something else. It is not a case of arguing over "this pixel spot is mine" because that is incorrect - you own NOTHING in this game - all pixels are owned by PA and you just rent the time. Consequently nothing is worth fighting over as it is not real, is not owned by the player or can be.

So, in summary, BDO is NOT designed for scumbags - you decide to be a scumbag because that this how you wish to be.

Vokkyn and Arreyanne like this.
  17. PandoraRose

Honey, that's asking a lot of the degenerates on this game.

18. DarkBever

Always ignoring duel for spot bs. If u want the spot just flag.

19. 1kick2fly

Ur wrong boy, i play every Runescape deadman mode Seasonal , which bdo is nothing compared to that
    BTW when valencia 6 was a thing, it was the only channel i join. Bunch of cry babies, if you get there first its enough to "deserve" spot for yourself ? Don't make me laugh , you have to fight for it to prove that u are worth it

TheReason likes this.
  20. Crazyz

But what if you didnt come for the mobs?`Oo