1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb forced PvP mechanics are costing Kakao money and us performance.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Aerethusa, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Aerethusa

Because no one is dumb enough to afk train their horses outside of safe zones because of the inane forced pvp mechanic there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of people riding up and down in safe zones, each one requiring hundreds server/network transactions to be informed about all the others doing the same thing every second. requiring network data and server cycles to tell everyone in range about them each time someone rides by. It wouldn't surprise me if this stupid mechanic is responsible for a sizeable portion of each servers CPU/network load.

This messes up server performance and local performance. Server capacity expended in such a useless way requires more hardware and data, costing Kakao money and slowing down my game.

I can't imagine that this hasn't occurred to anyone at kakao or whatever contractor is responsible for this. Why is does such an inefficient, annoying mechanic exist?

2. Myntiix

3. Rinjyu

Game's selling point used to be the PVP focus, now it's driven by afk warriors and life skillers. Sad.
    Imagine wanting to get rid of an active playstyle for the sake of not playing the game.

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Maybe the game selling point would still be PvP. If PvP these days didn't have a very steep time played/money spent barriers. I image most players getting turned off to this game's PvP because whales and nolifers are GODs while others are just fodder for them.

I'm also pretty sure that needing a minimal of endgame gear to be viable in PvP in this game. Doesn't help the issue either.

Distaken, Hellbender27 and Nelkuran like this.
  5. Flesh007

Need a separate pve channel for lvl up horses. No mobs, no resources, no pvp, only afk train=)

6. The_Lord

how about open world pvp stay the way it is so idiots like you can quit the game , less active players better performance, problem solved.

Mana_Mafia, AZzalor and Fearless V like this.
  7. Zandafolf

I think the consensus that if you're only doing afk stuff in this game, then this game is not for you at all. There's so much other better content to pursue if you literally just play the game. Just play the game, that's it. I would say nearly all of the people complaining about this game are the type to just log in for daily goodies and then maybe they run around at helms for 20 minutes and then afk fish or start arguments in server chat. Whatever, you were afk training a horse and died while not at your computer. A solo on the worlds smallest violin coming up.

There are mechanics to discourage noob stomping too like karma. Not the most effective I admit, but most of the time people wont just randomly flag on you anyway unless you're in the way at their grind spot and you wont duel them for it or something like that. So if someone kills some afk virgin then people dont usually feel bad.

I really am tired of the pay to win complaints too. Mostly because the gear enhancement is rng. Doesnt matter if you spend hundreds of dollars melting outfits for cron stones, you aren't guaranteed that tet/pen. If you literally just shut up and play the game and learn how to make silver, you can be on the same exact footing as some idiot that paid hundreds of dollars to gamble at skipping the game. You dont even HAVE to enhance. Just make silver and buy gear bro, no shame in it. I'm 525 gs and the only real money I've spent on this game is because I am an insatiable sucker for skins.

Tokigare and AZzalor like this.
  8. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

Keep in mind that you are more than welcome to create a level 49 alt so you don't have to deal with the PvP aspects of the game.

9. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Why make a second thread talking about the same stuff the first one had tho ?

AZzalor likes this.
  10. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

It's true, Velia and Heidel could use a horse training safe zone instead of having to train inside of the town. However, you are complaining about the trainers... us trainers don't like to train in towns either, because there are a hundred players with their horses around the market and storage area. Everytime the other players and their horses pop up the fps tanks really hard and it also causes stutters that will break auto-run loops. Thats why you see trainers in the towns afk riding against a wall or a fence.

I do train outside of towns, but then semi afk and at night after the kids went to bed.

11. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

PvP focus? The open PvP is the lamest part of the game with the 1 shot combat. Life skilling is a pretty big part of the game and the majority of players do the life skilling. They could get rid of AFK life skilling, but they will have to buff all life skilling then and make it worth the active time investment. The way it is now I am not going to actively train a horse for 30 hours just to get 70mil silver out of it, afk training that amount is fine.

12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I'm not a master trainer, but i do train horses from time to time and i set a loop between altinova and grana...in all the time i have not been killed or even charged from the horse a single time. I really don't think a horse safezone is needed.

13. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

It's especially training with wagons around Velia/Heidel that makes you a target outside of safe zones. With a single horse and a Manos crop people often don't even notice that you are afk training unless you do short loops.

14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

that makes sense. But what i do wonder is, why do players want to kill afk trainers? I mean rivaling trainers makes somewhat sense as it will slow their competition, but besides that?

15. sajdas

1shot combat? Maybe if the enemy outgear you by a lot (which is something i dislike aswell but usually you wont be fighting +100 higher gs players), the game is 1combo at best which is fine for a game with such a large pvp scene (node wars/gvg/sieges).
    Btw, did you know that if you give some priority to make it hybrid dp -ap build instead of just ap (and i i know it slows progression down if you are not a life skiller), you may and probably will survive most combost from equal geared players

AZzalor likes this.
  16. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

And what kind of problem do you have with it then?

17. MrocznyMuffin

Make a level 49 lifeskiller? I get frequently pk'd during my AFK training because I'm riding the horse a bit futher away from the city but I didn't make a post crying about the main aspect of the game...

18. woots

advertissing pvp game modes =/= advertissing forced pvp in open world.
    You can even check, even 4years ago, they never spoke about that as sell point.

19. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Yet you do not have to gamble if you can save up and buy gear. Imagine how much faster you can get that gear too if you supplement your grinding and other silver making activities with selling pearl items as well. Yes this game is pay to win no matter what you like to tell yourself. Any game that allows you to turn real money into game currency is pay to win,

Fearless V likes this.
  20. B00tsy

B00tsy Sorceress 61

Not really an option for me as gaining training skills takes ages, took me 6 months of training where I am at now. Not really want to do that all over again with an alt.

No idea, boredom I guess and trolling.