1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dungeons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OmegaXYZ, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do You want dungeons in BDO?

1. yes

76.7%
  2. no

23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmegaXYZ

Goodmorning.

I wrote down some ideas I would like in BDO.
    I hope developers too would read this and would consider it in the future.

BDO is a very nice game with an awesome fighting system I think but the lack of Dungeons with bosses and mechanics may cause problems in the future especially when new games will be released that offer more. It is true that BDO is a pvp game but the presence of dungeons would add what this game misses. I don't know if it is better instanced dungeons or changing the 3 desert "dungeons" filled only with mobs into real ones to start with. Sorry if i repeat myself and I make some mistakes but I am not english.

FLOATING ISLE DUNGEONS OR UNDERWATER: Maybe letting players go to dungeons directly by horse, camel, ships or whatever or why not by flying would be more realistic instead of using instance matching. By flying only for going to those dungeons. If possible a flying dungeons isle would be nice over the normal BDO map. I am not sure if this game can allow this but could be a way for not touching the actual map and develop an additional dungeon map indipendent from the rest of BDO. Probably this could be safer and easier to develop. A dedicated server could be used for it for not affacting the rest of the game. Have You ever seen an online game where a player has to travel underwater or using bow while flying on a mount with other players risking to die even for reaching the dungeon? Well I haven't. It would be interesting.

INSTANCED DUNGEONS: When all the world map will be completed with everything that will make the BDO world complete I wonder why not adding instanced dungeons for a party of 3,5 or raid of 10 15 or 20 with all world bosses inside them with the same drops along with mobs and why not, some dungeon quests.

GUILD DUNGEONS: World bosses would be available for everyone as it happens now. Dungeons could be restricted to guild members and level 60+ and could drop if lucky only one gold piece at the end of them for every run. As it happens with the new arena guild should pay a tax for enter the dungeon 1 time max every day or every week. Some dungeons could be part of Guild missions as well depending how big is the guild.

WIDE OPEN AREAS DUNGEONS LIKE SCROLLS: I wonder also if some dungeons could be realized using a big area on the map and working like a boss scroll works.

PVP AND PVE IN DUNGEONS: while in a raid 2 parties should fight each other and the party who wins can continue the dungeons :D I have never seen it until now. I wonder if some game has it.

DUNGEONS COMPLEMENTARY TO WORLD BOSSES: Well Adding dungeons shoudn't nullify world bosses fight, I mean, becouse what it is added shouldn't make it happens that players won't do world bosses anymore but should be complementary to them. For example they could drop world bosses seals for weapons if not boss weapons directly depending which is the boss, along with green or blue drops and accessory already available as drop while grinding. I think that what already is present in this game could be used to build these dungeons: world bosses at the end for weapons, minor bosses like awakened boss scroll bosses and any sort of mobs already present in the game.

PRE QUESTS/CONDITIONS FOR DUNGEONS: for being qualified to enter a specific dungeon some pre quest could be added along with some conditions: AP, DP, Level, Skill Level, silver, profession level, everything is needed to be able to do the dungeons. For example at least 1 player should reach level 10 pro hunting for using musket for solving a puzzle for advancing the dungeon. Black spirit could guide the character for reching that goal. If dungeons are well implemented all what we already do in BDO will be useful to enter dungeons without leaving the rest useless.

PUZZLES, TRAPS, MECHANICS, PROFESSIONS: some online games may offer minor and bigger bosses with mechanics and other mobs. Adding some nice puzzles and complex mechanics depending on the difficutly of the dungeon could add something more. After all we have 10 professions too.

DIFFICULTY: better a dungeon with a single level of difficulty or not? Well adding complex mechanics and puzzles maybe would require that every different dungeon has its own setted level of difficulty and not more. Some dungeons are normal, some are hard and some are almost impossible. This should give a good challenge for everyone. Hardest ones should require TET or PEN for being able to end them more safely.

NUMBERS OF PLAYERS: solo dungeons using a small portion of the dungeon, 3 players dungeons, 5 players dungeons, raid of 10,15 or 20 players where every group of players have to do a part of the job for solving puzzles or fighting in different parts of the dungeons.

BDO DUNGEONS TV: an option to add real time streaming by booking a time when entering a dungeon: only the party/raid leader can start it and can use his point of view or using auto camera system that follows the party. Like a film in real time. Even better: the run that get more point above all is streamed.

VOICE CHAT IN DUNGEONS: already present in game it helps in dungeons as well ofc.

I think BDO has already all what is necessary inside it to build some real dungeons.
    What does it still miss is putting all we have together in a way to make them.
    Well it is a pity this game has not dungeons. They could add an end level PVE along with all PVP this game can offer already. I think so.

What do player think about this?
    Thanks.

#1 OmegaXYZ, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. mazoch

I like the idea of having an actual dungeon. But please no floating dungeon

3. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Open world dungeon yes, WOW dungeons no.

4. Collz

Man you just gotta love the relic scroll dungeons in this game.
    Talking about excitement for dem memory fragments.

5. EverQuestir

I think it's safe to say dungeons are coming to BDO. They are putting everything in place for it already.

6. OmegaXYZ

Thanks for all your answers. I hope they'll add them somehow.

7. Nakashima_Umeka

This is absolutely the best thing that should happen to BDO, the game is astonishing for its Graphics that are a 10/10, and its character customization blows every game on the market out of the water. If BDO's team implemented Dungeons into there game this wouldn't just benefit the company it would also benefit the players that are playing BDO at this very moment, Players who play BDO for the PvE aspect, many people out there don't have a PVP mindset and don't really enjoy PVP.
    This concept allows the company to open a door that will pull players from other games and grow there player bases and revenue stand point. These dungeons also don't only have to be PVE bases as well there could be two different stiles of Dungeons that are PVE and PVP based the PVE dungeons could focus on extremely hard Ai combat system that never uses the same move twice in a row and is responsive to how the team is attacking the bosses and it adjust to how the players are coordinating there attacks and moving around.
    They can also make Massive PVP dungeons that could satisfy the PVPers, where its somewhat of capture the territory based and do 50 vs 50 in a huge arena allowing players to feel like there accomplishing something unlike there bland in game PVP system that feels somewhat unfulfilling even after a intense PVP fight that you win, the PVP dungeon concept could also reward the winning side with a satisfying treasure/item for each player making it feel worth playing a PVP match.
    As for the company there revenue would skyrocket which would allow them to create and build even more for all the gamers playing this game, In my opinion i would really like to see this come about, there can only be growth with an implantation like this allowing the company to grow.

Awesome thread OmegaXYZ!

And Keep up the good work BDO Team!

Sandrituky and AlexHuaTIan like this.
  8. Bandrell

I didn't realize how much I enjoyed objective based PvP until I played Overwatch, and some of those dungeon ideas seem unique and doable. I hope they just let their imaginations run wild if/when dungeons in BDO becomes a thing.

Neokii and AlexHuaTIan like this.
  9. T800

#9 T800, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  10. Joungf

No dungeons where a matchlock or any other firearm or some additional item is mandatory!

Shenzaar likes this.
  11. NexDroidCZE

Savage rift would be an amazing thing if matchlocks wouldn't be necessary to deal any dmg at all. Right now it is slow, boring and very time consuming process that can easily fail at 25th stage if your team isn't coordinated properly. Also the fact that you can't "pre-create" a savage rift party with people you want makes it frustrating when you end up with noobs that refuse to send points to builder.

Just make Savage Rift v2.0 where you have only your skills and no buildings at all... this would be the perfect "dungeon" that would fit BDO and wouldn't be too much work for devs as we already have Savage rift ingame now.

Eraven and AlexHuaTIan like this.
  12. Eidetic

Dungeons, Open world, or instanced would NOT hurt this game.

Simply put, if you don't want to do dungeons then don't participate.
    PVP is inescapable, so let it be what it is.
    All dungeons do is add depth to a game that lacks depth past a certain point.

I am actually even interested in making dungeons something that can only be ran past level 60.

I just see a desperate need for this game to expand itself beyond class releases. It is by far the best fighting MMO out there, and with large scale, open, multilevel dungeons; or instanced large scale dudgeon's that utilize puzzles and boss designs... this game could reignite itself. Especially for players who are intermittent or who have left due to the ridiculous late game problems that exist.

Definitely a yes vote, and definitely something the Devs should be doing from here on out. Maybe one new dungeon a year or every 10 months. Similar to the release times of ESO and other games.

Sandrituky likes this.
  13. Pepelu

PVP AND PVE IN DUNGEONS sounds interesting. Only the winner party could get in. Losers would have to try again. Maybe it could be set in as a tournament. There are a lot of battle arenas near towns, maybe a leader or someone could host these battles. Just thinking about fitting lore..

And yeah, maybe more dungeon gameplay where there are needed some real cooperation. It seems it is needed for an mmo to be popular...

Sandrituky likes this.
  14. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Yes this game definitely needs dungeons. Like actual instanced dungeons. The pve it has right now is absolute garbage.

But we know that it's never going to happen because they lack the creativity and motivation to do it unfortunately.

15. Bandrell

I wouldn't necessarily call the pve we have right now garbage per se, but it definitely feels incomplete. BDO has some of the smoothest feeling combat in the mmo genre, but aside from PvP you'd be hard pressed to discover any challenge associated with it. At the same time, coupling that challenge with cooperative group play is something hitherto unseen in this game's space. Something that another mmo, GW2, also struggled with until recently. But when it was finally incorporated, it added depth to the pve scene that the game never had. I believe BDO could do the very same.

16. OmegaXYZ

Ty for voting :)
    Check this also please:
    https://community.blackdesertonline...-while-in-the-sea-and-more.54978/#post-847990

I would like to swap among pvp and pve skill addons on the fly while in combat. Addons skills works like b4 with the difference I can choose addons skills for pve and addon skills for pvp. This would help a lot changing configuration while grinding and during pvp instead of going to skill instructor every time for passing from pve addons skills to pve addons skill and viceversa.

Apart that fighting being able to swap not only combat style from awakening and combat but also calling mount with a skill and use mount fast for mount fighting would add much more to combat i think cause we could use all fighting styles. :) I think so.

About leveling and dungeons

It would be nice something like this I think:

Level 60 dungeon: finishing it grant 1% XP at level 60, party of 3-5
    Level 61 dungeon: finishing it grant 0,5% XP at level 61, party of 3-5
    Level 62 dungeon: finishing it grant 0,5% XP at level 62, party of 5
    Level 63 dungeon: finishing it grant 0,5% XP at level 63, party of 5
    Level 64 dungeon: finishing it grant 0,5% XP at level 64, party of 5-10
    Level 65 dungeon: finishing it grant 0,5% XP at level 65, party of 5-10

This way it adds some end level game for PVE

Blue drops, caphras stones, gold accessories drops, etc
    Dungeons should be complementary and shouldn't drop what world bosses drop.

Some professions are required as well like hunting and new future professions.
    B4 adding them to the game a test server for some time.

I think so.

bye.

Developers should listen to a dark elf :D

[​IMG]

#16 OmegaXYZ, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    VoldemortRMK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.