1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#dungeonswhen

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hammaslaakarl, Jun 25, 2020.

?

Do you want "dungeons" in BDO?

1. Yes, definitely!

48.2%
  2. Do not really care.

18.0%
  3. Nope.

33.8%
  1. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

BDO already has dungeons, in fact it has two of them. There is the altar and the savage rift. You could also consider Valtarra to be an open dungeon.

2. Mana_Mafia

Because it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for them to implement.

The foundation for such systems does not exist in BDO.

We have no trinity system; tank, dps, healer. There is no aggro. The monsters are all punching bags with an AI no more advanced than those you see in Maplestory. The only changes Pearl Abyss can make to alter difficulty is modulate monster HP, defense and damage values.

You say Altar of Blood is "meh," but that's the best PA is capable of doing in BDO. Asking for more of the same is just stupid. If dungeons are that important to you I suggest you find a new game.

#162 Mana_Mafia, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Arreyanne likes this.
  3. Mana_Mafia

Source for that 90% statistic please. I hated it personally and celebrated its removal.

Crimson_Scarlet, MADE and Naho like this.
  4. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

You can keep saying it's my opinion when it has been stated by the devs that they want to keep instances to a minimum. And I quote:

"We actually had hundreds of instance dungeons when we were first developing BDO. However, as we went on with the development, we realized that instance dungeons don’t really fit BDO. We decided to remove instance dungeons and then started the CBT.

As a developer, removing content that I spent a lot of time on was not an easy choice. But we wanted BDO to be a game where you can adventure through beautiful surroundings and hidden caves, rather than playing instance dungeons.

The same idea goes for raids. A raid is an excellent experience where players with the same goal gather up and challenge something with a well-planned strategy. Unfortunately, it was not easy to have a raid in BDO so we focused on creating content that fits the game better. But we are always taking on new challenges, so maybe one day we can create instance dungeons or raids that blend in well with the game." - https://www.invenglobal.com/article...-of-pearl-abyss-and-the-story-of-black-desert

So, it appears it is YOU who is stuffing opinions down the forums throat. Projection prowess is strong with you. This quote by the developers bodes perfectly with my previous posts. Not yours. Have a good day.

5. NoobGamersBerlin

My 2 cents about dungeons:

The reason why dungeons are working in other MMOs is because you have a decent chance to get BIS gear. Otherwise no one would run the same dungeon over and over again. And after you have successfully done the dungeon several times or you have got your desired item the majority is not doing them anymore and is either shouting for new dungeons or is leaving the game to come back when new content (dungeons/new BIS) arrives.

To have dungeons working in BDO there needs to be a similar (rewarding) mechanic with a decent chance of best in slot gear otherwise the dungeon population will just end like Blood Altar where you have a chance of PEN Boss gear but no one is doing it anymore as it gets boring or/and is not rewarding enough.

But if you have a decent chance of BIS gear in dungeons this would make all other play styles nearly obsolete because everyone would just „grind“ the dungeons over and over again because it will be the new mandatory if you want to keep up with your gear progression. It would leave the world pretty empty in the evening as well because everyone is hiding in a Dungeon.

my conclusion: There is a reason why there are no dungeons in BDO and in my personal opinion why there shouldn‘t be any. BDO offers already so many ways to play and possibilities that I sometimes not even know where to start.

But again, that is just me.

6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Count me into the people that did not like it.

Arreyanne likes this.
  7. Xenosuke

This questions has been asked so many times before, along with a few others. But we have a definite answer now though. The devs don't want traditional dungeons and raids. They are wanting to find alternate group content that will hopefully fill that void, but they want it to fit the world of bdo. In BDO we don't have a traditional trinity system so the concepts like tanking, dps, and healing are not really as prevalent here. To me it doesn't matter if we have them if done in a good way. I left the old wow style traditional dungeon/raid rinse and repeat for BDO for that reason, it has none of that. If it were added I wouldn't mind as long as it isn't overshadowing what BDO is currently and turning it into another traditional mmo. That said, I wouldn't hold my breath because the devs are not wanting the game to be that. The devs are making the game they want and love and I want to see where they go with it. I believe all game devs should listen to the community because we are their source of income. However, I also believe we should stop trying to force the devs to make a game they don't want. Making games is not always just about making money, many devs love what they do and love the games they make. Much like an artist creating art. Let the artists work their canvas and give feedback. That's my thoughts on it.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  8. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

They are waiting? What? the game has been out for four years on Na/ Eu and even longer in Korea and they are still waiting to bring in some decent group content to an MMO. Lol.

Fearless V likes this.
  9. Xenosuke

I never said they are waiting on anything. I said they are WANTING to make the game a certain way and dungeons/raids don't really fit it. So they are trying alternate ways of making group content that actually fits in BDO and complements it.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Ok they are wanting, meanwhile we are waiting for meaningful group content. By the way I voted don't care about dungeons because I don't care if Bdo has dungeons or not. I do however want some more meaningful group content because so far this game is a single player game in an online world.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. Xenosuke

That's how i voted too. I agree that we need more meaningful group content. Unlike others though, I see the group things they added so far and coming up as their trying to get there in a way that might fit bdo and don't focus my group activities on dungeon/raids only. I don't really want nor care about dungeons/raids, but I would like more options for grouping. The way I play the game isn't a single player game, but i can see how it can easily become that. It's a sandbox and you make your own fun. While we are pretty limited to things we can do together, we have options to group. Many don't because they are too focused on min/maxing and what makes them the most. I play at my own pace and have fun with the systems the game provides. If better grouping systems come into the game later I will be really glad and use them. If they never show up, i will keep making and joining guild group events, grinding parties, blood altar parties, and anything else i want to do to have fun while hanging out in discord. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. To each their own.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  12. Vanraven

Those aren't dungeons.

Anyhow. There are two type of dungeons: instanced and open world. Instanced dungeons wouldn't be fit well into bdo, the game has a large focus on it being a open world game. So dungeons should be open world, Lineage 2 had these. Like anthras lair, cruma tower, toi etc etc. For those who don't know, the dungeons were built into the open world. It was not instanced. Meaning anyone could run there and take your spot, just like open world.

That kind of dungeon would fit well into bdo. The new abandon monastery has that kind of feel. But its way too small and its only a single floor.

13. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Savage rift and altar of blood are dungeons and they are Instanced. They may not be what are considered traditional dungeons but that is still what they are.

14. RandomHajile

Sounds kinda like bs... yeah we had those... hundreds... decided not to keep em. lool. We were at 150 and we thought they were good but after 203, the truth was revealed.

woots likes this.
  15. Ben Phoenix

A lot of people have already left my friend, some of the ones that are still here would like to see some changes cause they still like the game but they would like it more with some improvements. I can't see anything wrong with that and again: you guys should open a thread with a poll to vote for the removal of the suggestion section or every thread about suggestions if you really can't deal with them (I doubt you would be able to achieve your goal though).

Of course, it would be easier and logical if you avoided certain topics or just tell your opinion then leave the thread without making a fuss or telling people to go play WoW but yeah, it doesn't seem possible for some people here just to understand that we all have our own points of view and we are allowed to express them.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  16. woots

Yup that's an opinion saying instance doesnt fit BDO, not saying they speak about hundred, no one ask for hundred of dungeons ( whatever what dungeon mean to them in that case, as they call the savege rift a dungeon, which is just not one ) and go in such extrem
    not saying :
    Now the real issue ( as usual ) come more from their inability of correctly taking care of a game. I mean, even GW2 have a far more developped open world activities ( and also do have a fair amount of dungeons ) while BDO still is hanged to the same reskined grass beetle grind spot pattern since 5 years

Thoses guys according to their bullsh#t dont want dungeons, but they neither are able to correctly take care of their open world.

#176 woots, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Fearless V likes this.
  17. EgoAge

EgoAge Lahn 61 NA

Can you imagine people standing around in town queuing up for a dungeon in BDO... ignoring the rest of the open world (like theme park MMOs)... Yuck. :(

Arreyanne likes this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

Not everyone would enjoy a dungeon apparently so no, the rest of the world wouldn't be ignored, not even by those who would like to have dungeons.

Fearless V likes this.
  19. woots

can you imagine people standing in town afk-ing for months ignoring the rest of the open world because of life skill.... Yuck
    Oh wait !

About a detail, if they do queue for dungeons, its indeed a big failure. Savage rift and the other thing is fine as its bad enough to have no one care about.

Fateneko and Joungf like this.
  20. Khondo

upload_2020-6-27_18-44-36.png

Currently there are a lot of people who agree that Dungeons would be a mistake. Sure, not the majority for this pole, but it does show from a small minority of players who post on the forums that there is a following of people who agree the game is fine without them.

Arreyanne likes this.