1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwarf class proposal (detailed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Luxea, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Default appearance description: merry little man (or boy) with a physique somewhat like santa claus (or one of snow white's dwarves from disney).
    Pwk: Hammer
    Offhand: Shield (if he will have an awakening)
    Awk: [Insert name of fantasy magical engineering tool(kit) here] (if no awakening, this can be the offhand)

So...similar to how we have a "non-combat" shai class that starts off with prof gathering and alchemy, how about we have a class with prof or artisan processing? :D

These dwarves can be a genius intellect adventurers who have traveled to Valencia and discovered the blueprints of ancient golems from there with hopes to restore their overtaken homeland from the rule of giants...And as such, when "awakened", they rediscover their blue prints and forge/engineer different kinds of golems for different purposes (can only have one out at a time). Such as...

Seige golem: a giant rock gundam golem require a group effort of guild materials to build. As its name suggests, it is most suitable for seige castle attack.
    • mountable: yes
    • rider's seat location: on a little seat near the head/top
    • moveable: yes
    • primary damage: structural
    • CC: KB off golem's skill CD
    • killable: yes
    • costs: a ton of guild mats
    • resummon CD: 4 hrs
    • availability: seige time only, attack side only
    • stat customizability: which guild mats/how many (within a range) is used
    • repairability: yes
    • repair costs: polished stone, gemstones
    • operational costs: 3 guild material/15 minutes of operation
    • special abilities: arm sweep (swings arms and kb on a 15s cd), pound (smashes at castle doors/structures)
    • balance notes: The guild material cost should prevent stacking too many. It should be balanced offensively with an elephant but more tougher than one in durability, but stronger in both aspects than the nw version. repair speed should be like fort repairs - slow.
    Assault golem: a smaller rock robot golem that requires significantly fewer guild mats to build. Suitable for nodewars.
    • rider's seat location: on a little seat behind the head/in place of where a head would be
    • primary damage: structural
    • CC: none
    • costs: less guild mats than above
    • resummon CD: 2 hrs
    • availability: node war time only
    • stat customizability: which guild mats/how many (within a range) is used
    • repairability: yes
    • repair costs: polished stone, gemstones
    • operational costs: 2 guild material/15 minutes of operation
    • special abilities: pound (smashes at castle doors/structures)
    • balance notes: The guild material cost should prevent stacking too many. It should be weaker offensively than an elephant but more tougher than one in durability. repair speed should be like fort repairs - slow.
    Defense golem: a static automatic defense golem that requires small number of guild mats and a large amount of polished stone and some gemstones to build. Suitable for castle or fort defense (cd between attacks so as not to be too OP).
    • mountable: no
    • rider's seat location: N/A
    • moveable: no
    • primary damage: player
    • costs: less guild mats than above
    • resummon CD: 1 hrs
    • availability: node war/seige time only
    • stat customizability: none
    • repairability: no
    • repair costs: N/A
    • operational costs: 1 guild material/15 minutes of operation
    • special abilities: intruder detected! (shoots at intruding player at base, 5s cd)
    • balance notes: It should take up one of 3 special structure units (separate unit count from regular fort structures; the number per node/tier can be adjusted)
    General purpose golem: a personal automaton that is similar to a tamer pet, to help with grinding/pve.The AI soul inside this golem is too benevolent to hurt players too much.
    • rider's seat location: varying/not decided
    • primary damage: monster
    • killable: no
    • costs: player stat resource
    • resummon CD: 30s or less
    • availability: always unless another golem is out
    • stat customizability: none
    • repairability: no
    • repair costs: N/A
    • operational costs: none for combat assistance, some mats to server as a party/guild-wide tent
    • special abilities: can repair a certain (mat cost rechargable) number of times and trade a limited stash of potions (limited by non-increasable weight capacity on golem; pots must be restocked at npc vendor when out of supply).
    • balance notes: you can ride it but it should be at most like a t6 or t7 horse in speed.

An example of how this can sort of look like (skip to 1:45):

Other traits:
    Processing & Workshop Related
    -manufacturing: can manufacture items similar to workshops and workers but without the cp investment/cost and with slightly less time than a goblin worker, but requires active play
    -batch processing: like manos processing but by default. maybe manos processing stones can make it process in batches starting at 20 instead of 10.
    -unique crafting recipes, for example:
    • can craft temporary robots pets for other players and can sell this via marketplace for silver. (would ease in not-so-rich new players)
    • unique furniture pieces with fancier designs on par with cash shop furniture
    • can craft temporary robotic maids/butlers for other players and can sell this via marketplace for silver
    Seige/NW Related
    -affinity for construction: faster fort build time/ideal for replacing fort/nw/seige structures

Pearl shop cosmetic ideas:
    -can buy different looks for the general purpose personal golem. Ex: golem dressed as a maid, gundam easter egg, golem shaped differently than default, etc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Luxea, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Tvvin, Psyoe, Factorial and 5 others like this.
  2. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

no more added things plz
    between heilangs, wiz witch golems, mytics dragons, and strikers clones there are way too many extra targets on the field
    it was ok when it was just tamers cause.. lol no body really played the class except a few ppl here and there

the over all golem type thing you are suggesting also just doesnt feel right for bdo
    they really need to fix all the current issues and balance things in nodewars/siege and classes in general before adding something like goelms, which i feel shouldt be added in the first place

3. Graugus

You know, everything speculated or ideas given about a Dwarf class has been shot down by the community for whatever reasons. I hope they give some type of automaton with the class, and like some of the ideas here proposed. I’m on the side of the fence where I would like to see them as a hard hitting, burst ranged class, but that wouldn’t determine if I played it or not. I like the ideas here though.

Nephlir_elentari and Luxea like this.
  4. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i dont mind the class as a race and i know ppl want that which is 1000% fine by me
    what i dont like is the idea of more ranged classes, more summons or mechs, or anything automaton or trap based
    traps in this game are annoying as is and dont really need a class that uses them

and i really really hope the make the otehr classes way more balanced before introducing anymore

5. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

This is not a ranged class. As for summons, we need at least 1 that is mechanical and not an animal or spirit. It sounds more to me from your tone you are afraid of your own class becoming irrelevant especially with a new loli taking your place as "THE loli class" as I'm writing this post.

I'm proposing a class that is more or less just pure utility, and not much in the realm of combat. The golems just help defend structures or help damage them, or help in pve. This is not a class proposed to be super fast, super agile or super OP as a class. And, with only 1 golem at a time, the utility they can provide will be very specialized - while supporting door-killing in seige, for example, they cannot defend the base. if the golem dies, they're more or less ****ed and at best has better base repair speed to help repair or better build speed for fort structures. The impact on general class balance will be minimum.

As an added note: if your main issue with summons of any sort is that it eats resources on your PC, then my advice is: buy or build a better pc. If you cannot afford it, consider mowing your neighbor's lawn or working as a barista at your local Starbucks for a few weeks.

#5 Luxea, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  6. Graugus

I think he was commenting more on my previous Dwarf thread and them being a gunner class. Sniping high AP Archer have put the fear of God in these PvP orientated folks, since they can 1-2 shot you and you never see it coming.

I’m at the point I don’t care about PvP in this game any longer and want a class I can have fun in a group PvE environment with friends. Hopefully, Shai is the start of this.

Nephlir_elentari and Luxea like this.
  7. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

TBH, archer doesn't feel like anything new. He fits into the bdo world less than my idea or shai...his homeland is a magical basement that doesn't even exist on our maps...talk about a fanfiction insert character... >.> At least dwarves have been in the game since the start and was supposed to have a former homeland that got taken over at some point on our map.

8. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i know its not ranged was just saying we really dont need another ranged one
    im not worried about being irrelevant(tamers mostly are already) or loli
    im saying the battle fields are clutterd to hell as is and doesnt need more clutter with new types of golems or more summons

node/siege already has plenty of issues withtout goloe repairs defence and would only become more hell with them

as for the summon things yeah it can bog down pcs and things for plenty of ppl on high summons thing
    plus nobody likes oh i tried to grab a summon or the summons are being shields so theres that aspect as well
    its a combo of lots of thigns, fps drops (doesnt matter pc more things to render will eventually drop fps), bad mechanics, and other things
    so no on any more classes that have summons or pets

9. Graugus

I notice a lot of people don’t want anymore ranged classes within the game because it makes things harder during sieges/ single PvP but it would be nice to have a ranged utility, Dwarven class as described here. Me personally would make them more like Warhammer engineers with an automaton turret that would DP buff allies and severely DP de buff enemies in proximity (Counteracting witch and Shai’s PA).

10. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 62 EU

I think it will be a welcome addition to the current roster.

Weapons can be hammer with shield and awakening Great Hammer (hiding the shield).

Maybe to have something to do with structures during node wars/sieges.

Not sure about the Golems suggestion.

Luxea and Nephlir_elentari like this.
  11. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Node/Seige seems fine to me. I even won the one I was in today while playing in remastered. Not sure what you're on about. I've never grabbed a pet instead of the player either...

12. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

ranged classes are busted af in game atm..
    if they ever balanced ranged dmg and removed ranged cc it might be ok but doubt that will ever happen

happens more if you are a melee class others hate grabing my heilang instead of me

13. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Ranger grab is melee. I've never grabbed a heilang instead of a tamer. There are certain ways to position yourself before a grab so that pet classes have the pet behind the target you are trying to grab. Those people grabbing your pet instead of you are probably not positioning themselves well or even thinking about positioning at all.

14. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Dwarf race/class and Im making Bruenor Battlehammer :) I dont know about having a pet though, typical with dwarf is usually axe and shield warrior type although they have other types of fighters/ mages etc thats the most popular usually, in Dragon Age dwarves did deal with golems but not using them as pets.

Bruener breunorscreamflat.jpg

15. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

at this point im just 100% against anymore summons or anything close to that
    just give dwarf the double hammer preawk and great hammer awk most ppl want

16. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

If it's just axe and shield or hammer and shield or hammerx2, this would be nothing new vs the existing classes as far as fighting style is concerned - it'd be another muscle head with nothing really new to offer, just different aesthetics. As a race, their speciality has always been some kind of technology/fantasy technology/blacksmithing/crafting. Not utilizing that to the max would be a waste. We even got Valencian golems in the lore as is (you fight them in hystria/aakman, it's also what laytenn is).

17. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

there is absolutely no place for autonomous golems or a type of mount anything close to that
    there are tons of current issue that that would just make exponentially worse

18. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Here is Bruenor stats: He is a warrior and a buffer for group.
    bruenor_battlehammer_by_hiryu1254_datjatv-pre.jpg

EQII dwarfs could be either fighters or priests(full healers).
    WoW dwarfs could be just about anything priests, mages, fighters etc

Here is Varric Tethris stats in Dragon Age: He was actually an archer but set traps for the group.

tumblr_nfatur2QZK1ryr3o1o2_1280.jpg

Dwarfs dont have to be just fighters you can have them be a buffer w/o a pet or healer etc. I just know as a witch though I already have a golem pet although the ones your saying should be for dwarf look different and buff its pretty much the same thing.
    i1482893689771114.jpeg

I hope they do add a dwarf to the game and I hope their city will be underground, having golems surrounding the city would be nice for decor how to use them w/o them being a nuisance or op on the other-hand dunno

#18 Tabri, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  19. xMito

xMito DarkKnight EU

imo dwarf should have cannon on main hand, talisman or something new on offhand and dual pistols on awa

[​IMG]

<3

20. Dehor

I think the new class should be Druid. This class is more then suitable for Bdo since this class will offer the great deal of pvp damage then any other class. This is Druid, so it can indeed transform itself in beast or other animal. This class also fly for last 5 mins or glide with owl from. Story should be something like this "world was better and beautiful. It was green and lifefull. We lived happy with our people unless there fall the great doom upon us. The place where lived is now called nothing cause there is nothing but sand every way. It was all because of the war...". Since there is no nightelf, this class should come with new Bdo expention with new awakening weapon because the new boss going to rise from the deep shadow. Eg: Black serpent. A small transformation example to beast from movie van halsing:

Attached Files: