1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamic ap/dp adjustment ( open world )

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GreyRebel, May 14, 2019.

1. defaultnick85

Crummy idea. Why would I push my progression in an open world PvP game if it all means nothing because snowflakes want to be on an equal gear level to someone who has spent exponentially more time in the game?

Maginha, Thelemna, Columba and 3 others like this.
  2. GreyRebel

you know what i meant .
    this part "you might be farming a 130 ap area like ghaz , and then a full pen player come to ruin ur day by simply one shotting u over n over" comes after this " i read this comment in another thread "Why Casual Players wants to compete with nolifers/p2w/rng carried ppl"
    somehow its not a choice"
    so ye without the first part its more like a pve thread

3. GreyRebel

omg , the post clearly says there r certain farming areas which are considered as lower lvl areas ! and in the rest of the areas and high end farming areas u can pvp without any limit . this is literaly for some farming areas !

plus . u literaly said u just gear up to kill low lvls .... if u have high amount of time/money to brag about , u can always join siege wars and node wars , and even duel in ANYWHERE in the map beside lower lvl areas ??

4. defaultnick85

Y u Trying to twist my words mate.

5. GreyRebel

this is your comment

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I am curious, do you want the area be capped only during pk or also for guild wars?

7. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Same sentiment to you.

You fail to understand the core structure and principles behind this game, or the fact that this game was never meant to be a causal fling where you don't need to invest anything into it to win. There are games for people who don't want to invest, mostly not of the MMORPG genre or, at least a themepark with seasonal progressional reset and daily+weekly progress gating. BDO isn't a game of such a genre or subgenre. If you do not enjoy a game of this genre, just switch games. End of story.

If there are elements of BDO you like a lot but also elements you dislike a lot, then you need to weigh if it is worth sucking it up or hopping games. In your case, given the numerous complaints I've seen you write since August of last year, from complaining about the aesthetics of this game not being western SJW-friendly to how it's not carebear enough for you, to how it doesn't rain enough free things from the sky, I'd say you should just play something else. Final Fantasy 14 sounds like something you'd love way more than this game. Heck, even WoW. Or are you unable to pay the subscription to be allowed to excell as a casual and are relying on whales to pay for your game access in a p2w modeled game?

It's incredibly entitled of you to try to change the genre of this game at the expense of others who do like this game as is, fitting to the genre of game they researched and bought and invested into.

#67 Luxea, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  8. GreyRebel

never been in a guild war so idk ? i have no opinion about the guild war

no , you dont understand . i understand perfectly why its designed this way . and i also understand why people like u are afraid of these changes i speak of , i understand how would u feel when u cant one shot a 200 dp player , and im not here suggesting devs to take it away from the , the feeling of honor and pride ! Im here to suggest them to make it a win win for every1 , not only 1 group of the people who are afraid of any suggestion about gear equal pvp .
    if u read all my threads about equal pvp contents , none of them are about converting the whole pvp into a equal pvp gear game , its suggestions to also have those features for those who enjoy it , places like shadow areana , like rbf ( or a seprate rbf from the one we have ) and minor ap/dp cap for pvp in afew areas ! like the arena at every capital city , isnt something that turns this game into a equal gear pvp game.
    people who want equal pvp can use these suggestions and those who dont can avoid it .

why are u guys all afraid of pvp with equal gears at literaly at mybe only 1/5 of the map or even less?

#68 GreyRebel, May 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
  9. Catastigma

i would prefer a alternative. like transforming 30% of the actual AP on PVE AP...

Before awakening weapon, the limite of gears was +15. mostly relativly easy to get with enough treasure chest farming.

And before awakening, dieing by one shoting was not a think the duration of each duel was more that 20-40 sec, dependly of classe, perfect timing of CC and Sustain damage, except for Buged Dark flame sorc or 100% accuracy Shotgun Ranger... ( bug exploit)

The issue is generaly the scaling....

The Mystic Knight and GreyRebel like this.
  10. Loriel

Loriel Witch 61

False, game was completely different at beginning. Everyone was able to compete and pvp was fun. I still remember my 1st guild. We were doing arena events 1v1, king of the hill, 3v3 etc... just for fun(not for payouts). It's gone.Nowdays it's just gear check for one shot max one-combo thanks to AP brackets and awakenings.

BTW: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?posts/2110788/ well said

11. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

it's nice of you to admit you don't know and can't form an opinion on guild wars since you've never done them. I appreciate that, really i do.
    personally i like the wild west aspect of this game it once had. Though it has it much less from my understanding these days. Why would i go to gahaz these days tho? to make 15 million in trash for an hour and get a bunch of green weapons, maybe 8 pila scroll fragments? It's not worth it at all. Worth it even less at 150 AP. I'm not afraid of equal gear. it reminds me i need to git gud and i've never liked kicking puppies anyway. though this would have more unintended consequences than you'd think.

Luxea likes this.
  12. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

At the beginning launch of every game, it's always easy to get into. Moot point.

13. flukeSG1

Getting "picked on" as you put it is supposed to be motivation for you to progress so you can better defend yourself later. It's not about being equal, it never has been.

If you find yourself being "picked on" more in one area than another, move to a different area. There are more than 1 to choose from. End of story.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  14. Loriel

Loriel Witch 61

OK. Next time consider using word "the fact". Because your opinion is not a fact.

GreyRebel and The Mystic Knight like this.
  15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Wait wat? I mean you are suggesting capped ap/dp for pvp but you have no pvp experience? I mean you want dynamic ap/dp but what pvp modes shall it affect?
    You have suggest something more constructive cause otherwise you could reduce you thread to something like "everyone has too much gear and I don't want to put in time and effort to beat them, make me op too, cap something, somehow"

defaultnick85 and TeRRoRibleOne like this.
  16. TeRRoRibleOne

OMG, you can't talk about PvP if you don't do it. Delete the thread

defaultnick85 and flukeSG1 like this.
  17. Joungf

The issues in BDO are:
    1. Gear has no level limit. A level 15 character can wear a full God-mode pen collection.
    2. The level curve is insane: 1 to 58 in few days and then grind till burnout.
    3. Because of 1. you do not see character level value of each player. You can be one-shot or you can one-shot - risk.
    4. Drop: Why drop is not proportional to mob level / difficulty? Why forcing pen-gods farming in AP120 area?
    5. Too many features like pre / post awakening, always new better stones and boss gear and weapons which do cost insanely much and are rare.
    6. Silently removing old gear like ultimate variants (can't sell them can not buy better / higher one -> forced to exchange them with expensive boss or green cheap stuff).
    7. Too much unequal skills without 100 % same block and attack for all classes. Only chaos and frustration.
    8. Only goal is to produce conflicts and produce arrogant, ignorant, selfish, greedy lone player.

#77 Joungf, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  18. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 60 NA

But "SA" is the only real PvP. :^)

19. Columba

I think that you exaggerate the problem you seek to solve. I rarely get ganked in open world. Secondly, this game isn’t designed to be fair. The model depends upon players being highly motivated to improve their gear. I see no valid reason to change the fundamental game dynamics to placate a few people who can’t handle open world pvp. If you can’t handle it, there are other games for you. Don’t wreck this one.

flukeSG1, Ѧ| Chaotic and IWalkAlone like this.
  20. Columba

Lol, this again. Karma is in place for a reason. You can’t dictate how others play. There is zero evidence to support your claim that this is a broken mechanic.

#80 Columba, May 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019 at 3:10 PM