1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response e-mail change irrational demands!!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Shadeborn, Sep 27, 2017.

?

do you think support has rights to ask for very personal data like this?

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. no

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Andaro

Andaro Archive

Game Masters, whom are generally in charge of standard tickets, try to be as knowledgeable about game procedures and mechanics as possible. That doesn't mean they are always 100% accurate. Having worked along side GMs and assisting them with tickets, and helping to write content manuals to assist them, in another company, there were times when a newer staff.member may not be fully caught up; even our lead GM was known to skim things occasionally, which we players frown upon naturally but for a team of maybe less than a dozen handling upwards of a thousand tickets a day, they did what they could and *tried* to provide the best accurate service they could.

Now, in this scenario above its would seem they may have misunderstood the mechanics; in the end they forwarded the information to the correct team, "bug team" or "group of GMs that test content, find bugs, document how to reproduce them, and write reports for the producer to review and send off"

We also have to remember that in an mmo with global access, with players from many countries, things can be misunderstood when creating tickets or reading them because the English language is pretty "bloated" (by that I mean , the language self can have multiple meanings depending how things are phrased or worded.)

regarding your scenario, it was my understanding that you could declare guild war on any guild as long as they had never declared war before on anyone or had not ever owned a node, so even I am obscure on how that works because I have seen multiple reports to the contrary.

Objectively, if submitting a bug report, you should document it properly, so there is no confusion, and break it down into parts:

Part A - describe how the content is supposed to function
    Part B - describe how the content actually functioned
    Part C - other comments, and ask it be reviewed by the Bug GMs.

You submit for review, and that's all you can do.

As always if you aren't happy with the resolution of a ticket, you can email (I forget the link) with the ticket # and ask that a senior or Lead GM review the case. Senior members generally have a better understanding of content because they have dealt with it before and can render a more decisive verdict

*sometimes* a ticket and how it is handled is more determined by how you write it and whom you address it to

2. Reywhisper

It is very easy. In May, GDPR will come out for real. And one of your rights as EU citizen is not being denied a service despite refusing to provide unnecesary personal information.

So here is what you CAN do (I know I will, just for lulz)

Refusse to give your personal data and send Kakao refuse to comply with GDPR to your local Office for Personal Data Protection.

Now not only you have rights to refuse providing your personal data but according to GDPR the organization is not allowed to refuse providing service if you do not give out unnecesary personal data. And asking for loads of your personal info just to hcange ingame email? Yeah they are not allwoed to do that.

Let Kakao handle to pay fee according to 4% of their yearly income for violating GDPR - all oyu need to do is to monitor such cases and simply reprot them to autorities. But I believe they will change their policy, because Kakao (and paymentwall too) are organizations and they are not stupid. So just wait it out until May and change your email then.

What I love about this is we will finally have a leverage to enforce this.

#22 Reywhisper, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  3. Andaro

Andaro Archive

think you'll find you're in for a rude awakening, but, time will tell. Good luck, in any case.

4. Shadeborn

in my case there were no single misunderstanding... Also, one of people who said most LIES, was.. senior game master. I understand that game masters can not know everything, but telling obvious lies like they investigated enemy guild logs when they even dont know enemy guild name (unless they are mind-readers) is just... well, all i can say is that i will never provide my personal data to untrustworthly people, thats all.

Karai likes this.