1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastern Europe

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Cronus, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cronus

I see a huge number of Russian players spamming chat now that their servers got deleted.

Meanwhile a few of my friends from Eastern Europe, who for some reason were forced into the Russian system due to some publisher deal despite being in the EU and were using VPN to play here, still cant use these servers without VPN.

Might be time to lift those nonsensical restrictions for other EU countries, especially considering that russians seem to be able to play here without VPN now.

Drakosha and Spectrari like this.
  2. Coeprandua

I don't see why Russians should have separate servers. They should all just play here.

For the record, I'm not Russian and I don't speak Russian.

Drakosha and Spectrari like this.
  3. AlnilamE

That is a decision made by the developer, so you will have to take that up with PA.

But considering how the data and localization transfer went with the Russian publisher, I don't have a lot of hope in their negotiating ability.

I'm not sure why you are assuming that those Russian players are playing without VPN, though. Are you sitting next to their computers?

4. Information

I hate this "PA's fault" trend. We don't have any communication channel with PA, we shouldn't even care if they exist. Kakao is and will always be the entry point and it's their job to satisfy us. Not PA's. PA's job is to work with Kakao, not with us.

5. Coeprandua

That's great information, but Kakao is not the publisher for Russians. I really hate to say it but it's pretty hard to blame Kakao for this.

6. AlnilamE

Kakao is the publisher for NA/EU. So they are the entry point for us. They were not the publisher for Russia (and Eastern Europe). PA is the owner of the Intellectual Property rights and they decide who publishes in what region.

Having different publishers in different regions can be problematic, as we have seen. I'd much rather have a global release, like ESO, GW2 or WoW, but those are published by their developers, so it's a completely different kettle of fish.

At the end of the day, the final word on everything is with PA. The publishers have limited power (as we saw with GameNet), and PA's ability to negotiate adequate publishing agreements comes into play.